• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any news on Foxrun?

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
Someone who owns there said there had been a vote already on what is to happen-any information here on the resort?

Thanks

Anita

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about?

Pretty sure he's talking about the possibility that Foxrun will cease to be a timeshare in I think it's 2020. I'm quite concerned also as this is my best trader.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure he's talking about the possibility that Foxrun will cease to be a timeshare in I think it's 2020. I'm quite concerned also as this is my best trader.

What happens to the timeshare owners and their ownership?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
What happens to the timeshare owners and their ownership?

If I understand it correctly, everyone gets bought out and is left with no timeshare. Foxrun has consistently been my best trader. I'll be bummed if I have to figure out another trader to replace it.

RonB

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I understand it correctly, everyone gets bought out and is left with no timeshare. Foxrun has consistently been my best trader. I'll be bummed if I have to figure out another trader to replace it.

In another thread here it has been stated that it no longer exists as a timeshare. There is no management company to manage the units. That means no maintenance, no one to pay bills, no activities or anything else. However you still own your week. If every owner can be found and agrees, the property can be sold and you get 1/50th the value of your unit after expenses ~ Ron

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Contact FoxRun

180 Herman Wilson Road
Lake Lure, NC 28746
T - 828.625.0097
F - 828.625.0049
Jeanette Elliott, General Manager

Call and ask. For some reason I thought the sunset clause at Foxrun was 2016.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I bought my unit resale and was never advised of any such clause, and it is not in my deed. Is this is writing anywhere? - Jacki

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am a Foxrun owner. I emailed someone on the board. He said that the HOA board is aware and in discussion. It is the board's opinion that the vast majority of owners will vote to continue the timeshare. He said that it will up for renewal every 10 years thereafter.

Deb

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Foxrun owner. I emailed someone on the board. He said that the HOA board is aware and in discussion. It is the board's opinion that the vast majority of owners will vote to continue the timeshare. He said that it will up for renewal every 10 years thereafter.

Deb

When is the HOA going to notify owners and after notification how much time will timeshare owners have to make a final decision! Also, will a majority of owners have to vote to approve or disapprove the HOA recommendations?

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There are more questions than answers right now. I got the impression that there would be a vote at some point but it was not imminent. I think the sunset date is still a few years off.

Deb

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you know Wyndham points owns a sizable number of weeks? And the have no vote, as voted on by the HOA back in the 80's when they left Wyndham. Lots of ownership from the greater Cincinnat, tri-state area

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you know Wyndham points owns a sizable number of weeks? And the have no vote, as voted on by the HOA back in the 80's when they left Wyndham. Lots of ownership from the greater Cincinnat, tri-state area

Are you sure about that? I thought Wyndham's Foxrun units were fixed week conversions? In which case interval owners should still have a vote.....Even if the deeds were held in trust by Wyndham, I can't imagine a scenario where an HOA could legally exclude a class of owners from voting.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's that I was told when I owned it. I believe it was a fellow named Ketchum, but that was ages ago.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this would not be listed in the deed, but instead in the Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs)

while im sure original owners would have at one time gotten a copy of this, i doubt its provided to resale owners (but who knows).

the HOA should have this made available to any owner who requests it though, and it may be available online somewhere.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
this would not be listed in the deed, but instead in the Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs)

while im sure original owners would have at one time gotten a copy of this, i doubt its provided to resale owners (but who knows).

the HOA should have this made available to any owner who requests it though, and it may be available online somewhere.

It is in my resale deed prepared by Jerry at Redden Realty back in 2004.
The date is definitely in 2020. I posted it in the original thread linked here.
Tug member Becky was on the board there. I do not know if she is still active on TUG

Edit, if you just have a Quit Claim deed it would not have the info.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ah ok...there we go...thank you for confirming!

least you have a 4 year head start to get something worked out!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's that I was told when I owned it. I believe it was a fellow named Ketchum, but that was ages ago.

It may be that there is a separate association for Wyndham Owners and others, and then a master association that allows the two associations to get together on common areas.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
It may be that there is a separate association for Wyndham Owners and others, and then a master association that allows the two associations to get together on common areas.

And Bluegreen owns units here as well!

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well that's true, back then there were negotiations with Wyndham HOA over use of the golf courses and rec center.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau

We bought Marriott's Sabal Palms pre-construction in 1987 and owned it for 24 years before selling it. They have a sunset period and it was clearly stated in the original deed.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought my unit resale and was never advised of any such clause, and it is not in my deed. Is this is writing anywhere? - Jacki

Timeshare termination language resides in the underlying CC&R or "Declaration" documents, prepared and filed (and officially recorded) when a property is first built.
A properly prepared deed will refer to the specific recorded location (i.e., the book and pages in County records) of those original CC&R's, but no deed will actually repeat the entire contents of the underlying CC&R's (often 75 or more pages in total).

I dare say that relatively few people at most timeshare facilities even know that any such termination language exists at all in the first place, let alone later inform or "advise" other subsequent resale buyers. Even if known, there is no actual obligation to relay that information to subsequent buyers. After all, the information is already spelled out in great detail and is already a matter of public record in the underlying, officially recorded CC&R's referenced within any properly prepared deed.

Last edited:

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Timeshare termination language resides in the underlying CC&R or "Declaration" documents, prepared and filed (and officially recorded) when a property is first built.
A properly prepared deed will refer to the specific recorded location (i.e., the book and pages in County records) of those original CC&R's, but no deed will actually repeat the entire contents of the underlying CC&R's (often 75 or more pages in total).

I dare say that relatively few people at most timeshare facilities even know that any such termination language exists at all in the first place, let alone later inform or "advise" other subsequent resale buyers. Even if known, there is no actual obligation to relay that information to subsequent buyers. After all, the information is already spelled out in great detail and is already a matter of public record in the underlying, officially recorded CC&R's referenced within any properly prepared deed.

Thank you.