• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Large Indoor WaterPArks

ajhcmaj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any Large, Large, Indoor waterparks. We are used to Schleterbahn in TX and wondered if there are any indoor ones through the US.

Thanks

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, in the Willaimsburg,Va there is the Great Wolf Lodge. A huge indoor waterpark.

Michael

TUG Member
Reaction score
Largest in USA currently being built by Mall of America

What is being billed as the largest indoor waterpark in America is currently under construction in Bloomington, MN across the freeway from the Mall of America. I have not seen an estimated opening date yet, though.

- Michael

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Great Wolf Lodge started in Wisconsin Dells, built by the Waterman brothers after they sold Noah's Ark, billed as the world's largest outdoor waterpark. they then expanded to other cities. It was originally called Black Wolf Lodge, but they were sued for a name infringement. They were also sued by the new owners of Noah's Ark, because they were not supposed to go into the waterpark business in the Dells.
In the Dells, there is also the Kalahari (and the owner is building another one in Ohio), and the Wilderness, both with large indoor water parks. These hotels have changed the nature of Wisconsin Dells, which is now busy on weekends year round, rather than just in the summer.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
There is a brand new one in the Poconos but it is part of an hotel. You have to be a hotel guest to use the waterpark. I think the rooms run around $300+ per night. I'm not sure if it is open yet. It might also be a Great Wolf Lodge but I'm not home to check.

iluvwdw

Reaction score
Pat H said:
There is a brand new one in the Poconos but it is part of an hotel. You have to be a hotel guest to use the waterpark. I think the rooms run around $300+ per night. I'm not sure if it is open yet. It might also be a Great Wolf Lodge but I'm not home to check.

I think it is open! I saw an ad for it in the Daily News. $300 per night is on the CHEAP side for those rooms. The resort looked pretty expensive to me.

Loriannf

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are now 3 large indoor waterparks near Sandusky Ohio - home of Cedar Point. There's a Great Wolf, a Kalahari, and another whose name I don't recall. I think they all have attached hotels, and they frequently run winter specials. Their prices are higher in the summer when Cedar Point's open.

Lori

jfbookers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanutten

The resort is building one supposed to open in November. I saw it in Aug. and they are going to have to work hard to open in Nov. The open date has been pushed back several times already. Yours, Jim

romark

TUG Member
Reaction score
A new resort/indoor waterpark complex just opened in Baxter Minnesota--near Brainerd. I drove by it a few weeks ago but have not seen it up close. They are running commercials on Twin Cities tv.

Bob

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought all the Great Wolfs require visitors to be guests?

I called the one in Williamsburg and I'm pretty sure they said you need to be staying there in order to use the water park. The rooms were up in the $275-$300 level to start. They looked nice on the website--like Fort Wilderness. Log cabin/Adirondack/rustic. There's eight (or nine?) of them right now.

http://www.greatwolflodge.com/

boband

TUG Member
Reaction score
West Edmonton mall - large indoor water park, and largest indoor shopping mall in North America (approx. twice the size of the mall of Americas). Built by the same company also.

But you would have to be a water park nut to go to Edmonton for just that.

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
indoor waterparks

Schlitterbahn is building in Galveston. Last report I read said part is going to be open in December 2005. I would imagine that part that is going to open that time of year would be the indoor part. Supposed to be open approx. 220 days per year. :D