• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any experience with travelexclusive.org ?

Reaction score
We have an appointment tomorrow with these folks at a local hotel to unload a timeshare. Has anyone had any dealings with these people? Reading the FAQ on this site about selling has lowered my expectations about a quick and painless sale.

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a PCC. They will start off the presentation by totally trashing the TS industry and telling you how worthless timeshares really are. Then they will offer to take your TS off your hands if you PAY THEM thousands of dollars, then they turn around and dump it on eBay for $1.

See this other thread in this same topic (http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81844)

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm still going to go just to see what transpires. I will not pay a dime to sell this thing as I'm neither desperate or foolish.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Be sure to look on eBay's completed auctions for timeshares similar to yours. That will help you gauge the value of what you've got.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My in-laws traded their Wyndham points TS for a travel club. Within a year their travel club had disappeared. I'd be wary. If you really want to unload your timeshare, read the how to sell your timeshare sticky.

Sue

Reaction score
The meeting

We arrived at the hotel and inquired about just where the travelexclusive representatives were located in the hotel, one would have thought that someone would have met us in the lobby or at least they would have had a poster on an easel or something. We wandered about the hotel looking for the meeting room and finally found it.

Several groups of folks were sitting about the vestibule of the meeting room filling out forms. I picked up one of the forms from a table full of clipboards, I figured we had better start filling it out although there was no one to tell us what to do. Finally a representative walked over and introduced himself and inquired if we have any questions, we wondered about the format of this meeting, the representative said that we will be treated to a short presentation and then meet individually with him to work out the details of their (actually our) purchase. I really wanted to ask if this was going to cost me anything but we were all directed to enter the meeting room where the presentation began.

The host explained that all shares would be sold to an entity named Travel Club and then continued his talk with an explanation of why many folks have become disillusioned with the timeshare concept, our ownership is becoming devalued because of the lack of exclusivity. The promotion of RCI endless vacations and other such programs that sell our weeks over the internet to anyone adversely affect availability well.

The presentation continued with the host's own story of his attempt to sell his timeshare via one of the most advertised organizations. The host never had any contact from any buyer at any time using this method.

Reasons not to buy and prohibitions to selling timeshares culled from media resources highlighted the next few minutes of the talk. Quotes from well respected financial experts were quite compelling and warned against becoming involved in timeshares if you expect to use it as a financial investment. "Timeshares are all about the contract and not the property".

The standard contract used in the timeshare industry and its iron clad elements and interminable attributes were highlighted for a few minutes. Your heirs will become responsible for the maintenance fees, special assessments and other such expenses as they are inevitably passed along in perfect perpetuity.

This organization will assume ownership of your timeshare, and it starts today. They handle the complete process, closing, resort and developer fees and paperwork. A tax strategy using the capital gains schedule D can help offset the the price of their service which is seven times your maintenance fee or $3495 which ever is less for each contract to be purchased. A fifty percent savings on the price will be used for multiple contracts if you have more than one. I did not take the travelexclusive folks up on their offer, of the ten or so groups that were in our presentation only one couple remained after we left. Perhaps no one participated in their offer that day.

Last edited: