• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Experience with TIMESHARESBYOWNER

Deer Path

TUG Member
Reaction score
A fellow from Timesharesbyowner contacted me a little while ago and gave me lots of promises to sell our Hawaiian property for a nice sum...He said he would get money back from another company we paid a few years ago...(before I started reading TUG). Of course he too wants an upfront fee and says that is the only way any company can sell timeshares. He says no real estate broker can sell timeshare without a fee upfront either since it is technically NOT property!! but a luxury item....

Any comments or feed back on this company.

Judy

J

JoeMid

Deer Path said:
A fellow from Timesharesbyowner contacted me a little while ago and gave me lots of promises to sell our Hawaiian property for a nice sum...He said he would get money back from another company we paid a few years ago...(before I started reading TUG). Of course he too wants an upfront fee and says that is the only way any company can sell timeshares. He says no real estate broker can sell timeshare without a fee upfront either since it is technically NOT property!! but a luxury item....Any comments or feed back on this company. Judy
What a bunch of BS. Have you looked at eBay, timesharesbyowner makes a feable attempt to market there but their bid price is so inflated that they never get a bid or sell. They will just take your money. Contact Trish or Shelly neither charge upfront fees and both will give you the straight scoop on what price you should ask.

Deer Path

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks JoeMid

Thank you....I knew someone would come through. I love this board.
I will check them out.

We had another one last week....He was going to get our money back too!!! and of course charge us an inflated upfront fee to sell!

No wonder we are all so skiddish when these people call. We get so we do not trust anyone who calls....and probably we should'nt.

Judy

Leturno

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sell Pens very well! :)

A few years back after running dozens of timeshare sales a week they had little or no feedback because they just were not selling timeshare weeks. Then suddenly they started selling promo-eBay pens and those were selling and the feedback was great on the pen sales. Since then I seen them sell a few timeshare weeks that just happened to be priced in reality but for the most part their weeks on eBay continue to be rediculous.

Regarding 'timeshares not being real property', now there is an endorsement for a real estate proffesional I want selling my timeshare. I would trust them to sell pens not my timeshare. There feedback was great when they were selling eBay pens. ;-)

I am glad you came to TUG and I am glad you saved the money they would have charged you for an overprice website listing and ebay listing.

Scott
ps.. Oh, btw, when I was looking to purchase my timeshares I did go to their web site and I called on many of their adds. Some had the peoples name listed and the price others there was a general number and the people who answered would provide the sellers numbers for me to call direct. I didn't see any evidence that they were trying to 'sell' these weeks but they were just passing on the sellers home phone number. When I did reach a seller they were often very angry at Timeshares by Owner.