• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Club Land'Or owners?

msnalini

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Land'Or
Hi
I received a disturbing email from the management today. To be honest, they are known to send disturbing communications from time to time which outline rock and hard place options such as (but not an exhaustive list) demanding that you pay special assessment or your ownership will be canceled etc. Today, they asked me to pay the first quarter balance to terminate the membership on a fully paid account, i.e., no mortgage balance only annual dues billed quarterly. So, I called and spoke to the only person that picks up the phone regardless of what number I call, who claims to be a paralegal (Some 3 years ago she told me that she was the legal counsel for Club Land'or). After some initial condescending speech from her which kind of led into her telling me that I make poor decisions such as buying timeshares without understanding how they work, I said that I didn't spend the kind of money to be pushed out only after 20% of the time has passed and that has nothing to do with my understanding of timeshares. She then told me I have the option to move to a different resort but need to pay $40K to keep my account active and if I fail to make even a single payment then I will lose the remaining time on the contract. FYI, I paid over 25K so far in ownership costs, annual maintenance and special assessment dues in the 8 years that I owned in a 40 year ownership agreement. So, I asked them what is the guarantee that after paying all that money that they will not do the same, she responded that it can happen. When I questioned the ethics she said that idiots will be idiots and that I am a whacko for asking her all these questions and should read fine print before signing documents. I said that I would speak to a lawyer she told me that they are incorporated in the great state of Virginia and that there is no legal recourse for idiots like us. And yes, she actually said that. I requested that I get a record of that conversation since they record for "quality and training" purposes. The irony is that they want me to pay more money to terminate a service that I will no longer be able to use. The woman on the call threatens legal action (levy) against me if I don't pay the unpaid first quarter balance ($294.87) when the quarter is not even complete. When I said to her that she wont scare me like that, she told me "You must feel real good saying that, you whacko!" and hung up on me.

I am looking to see if there are any other such owners that have become victims of this scam. If so, is there some kind of a legal recourse we can all look into together. Somehow, I feel that there is something we can do. Also, I would like to attach the actual email communications from them here but wasn't sure if this site allows it. We live in a world where the offenders have offending rights and victims are victimized again and again. I would really like to post that email so the world gets to see what horrible people they are!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Hi
I received a disturbing email from the management today. To be honest, they are known to send disturbing communications from time to time which outline rock and hard place options such as (but not an exhaustive list) demanding that you pay special assessment or your ownership will be canceled etc. Today, they asked me to pay the first quarter balance to terminate the membership on a fully paid account, i.e., no mortgage balance only annual dues billed quarterly. So, I called and spoke to the only person that picks up the phone regardless of what number I call, who claims to be a paralegal (Some 3 years ago she told me that she was the legal counsel for Club Land'or). After some initial condescending speech from her which kind of led into her telling me that I make poor decisions such as buying timeshares without understanding how they work, I said that I didn't spend the kind of money to be pushed out only after 20% of the time has passed and that has nothing to do with my understanding of timeshares. She then told me I have the option to move to a different resort but need to pay $40K to keep my account active and if I fail to make even a single payment then I will lose the remaining time on the contract. FYI, I paid over 25K so far in ownership costs, annual maintenance and special assessment dues in the 8 years that I owned in a 40 year ownership agreement. So, I asked them what is the guarantee that after paying all that money that they will not do the same, she responded that it can happen. When I questioned the ethics she said that idiots will be idiots and that I am a whacko for asking her all these questions and should read fine print before signing documents. I said that I would speak to a lawyer she told me that they are incorporated in the great state of Virginia and that there is no legal recourse for idiots like us. And yes, she actually said that. I requested that I get a record of that conversation since they record for "quality and training" purposes. The irony is that they want me to pay more money to terminate a service that I will no longer be able to use. The woman on the call threatens legal action (levy) against me if I don't pay the unpaid first quarter balance ($294.87) when the quarter is not even complete. When I said to her that she wont scare me like that, she told me "You must feel real good saying that, you whacko!" and hung up on me.

I am looking to see if there are any other such owners that have become victims of this scam. If so, is there some kind of a legal recourse we can all look into together. Somehow, I feel that there is something we can do. Also, I would like to attach the actual email communications from them here but wasn't sure if this site allows it. We live in a world where the offenders have offending rights and victims are victimized again and again. I would really like to post that email so the world gets to see what horrible people they are!
People still go there? I remember eating at the blue lagoon before the Atlantis was built. If you like that location so much, I’d get a harborside unit for free.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it was me, I would tell her to take a hike or pound some sand on the beach.

richnyc

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club land or
Hi

I just got a court order for garnishment of my bank account from my time share there in 2012. They got a 20 year judgement on me and they are not even in business and are under a new corporation with almost the same name. Let's try to do something

tbenton

Reaction score
I just got a court order for garnishment of my bank account from my time share there in 2012. They got a 20 year judgement on me and they are not even in business and are under a new corporation with almost the same name. Let's try to do something
We were owners there for over 35 yrs and had yearly wonderful 2 week trips.. Met life long friends that we would coordinate our visits with and the staff was like family. In 2017-18 things started to go downhill. Yearly special assessments and of course the yearly maint. fee but little maintenance was done and I won't bore you with the nitty gritty details of the deterioration but lets just say that only a few units were occupied the last few years we were there, The restaurant was closed as was the pool bar most of the time, no more activities, the pool was disgusting. all the pool lounges and chairs fell apart and only 'livable' units were marina view but even those were getting bad inside. One year we had a week of sewage backup in the bathroom and then the A/C broke......don't get me started. And one year they didn't pay the electric bill and there was no power for a week........it was beyond miserable. Some of the non owner guests moved to the Comfort Suites but we could not afford that. Bahamians were living in many of the non marina view units which we never did get an explanation for. The Bahamian resort manager seemed to do whatever he wanted with the place and the result was very bad for the member owners. We finally got out of the contract in Aug 2019 (not going to go into detail) but they gave us a reservation for 2020 for our last visit which never happened because they shut down supposedly due to Covid but that was THE END. The resort is officially shut down and I am shocked that Atlantis has not bought the property like they tried to do for years long ago because its just about the only piece of PI they don't own. We have Bahamian 'family' and they can't even find out much for us. The staff at the resort was also screwed out of so much money its not even comprehensible. We do treasure all the wonderful years we had there but the fact that they are STILL going after people for money is astounding. I can assure you that the Henrico county court is sick of it. They are so desperate to get cash judging by what they did to you and others. And by the way ...nothing can really be done because Class Action Suit is not possible and that issue has come up for a long time but nope. Many have contacted the State Attorney General with little results as far as I know. I wish you all the best.

Last edited:

tbenton

Reaction score
People still go there? I remember eating at the blue lagoon before the Atlantis was built. If you like that location so much, I’d get a harborside unit for free

Harborside for free? Because that woman whose name I will omit said the owner had the option to move to another resort? Sure...if a person wanted to buy one. That is such a joke.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Harborside for free? Because that woman whose name I will omit said the owner had the option to move to another resort? Sure...if a person wanted to buy one. That is such a joke.
that is what i meant. "Buy" a harborside for free.