• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any advantage of having multi HGVC ownership?

hgvcowner9

Reaction score
I see that many of you own more than one HGVC, for example 5,000 points and 7,000 points instead of 12,000 points.
Any reason keeping two instead of one? As I am looking into add more points to my current one, some are suggesting buying additional - of course, maintenance will be double or more.
I am sure multi HGVC owners know that yet still elected to own more than one rather than combined one. Any reason I don't know of?

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The main reason for having more than one is so you can have home booking advantage at more than one location. Some people want to go to Hawaii every year and Florida every year. Owning both of those gives them priority booking (if they stay the full week).

In my case, I own affiliates which are local and give me day use and some other benefits. The benefits come from the affiliate developer and not from Hilton.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
See this link for a similar discussion about how this topic:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232615

As Presley said, if you need that 12-month window to make sure you can go where you want when you want to go then you need to buy at that specific resort. Otherwise, you just want to buy points for as cheap as possible. That's why I own multiple units - priority at the place I care about most and then just extra points to use randomly.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
The other reason to own multiple units may be cash flow related.

The higher the number of points, the higher the price of the unit. If you look at some of the resale sites, you may notice that the larger deeds often go for more than 1$ per point, while the 5 and 7K deeds go for $1 or less per point...