• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another question about II

JT62

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked a question a couple of weeks ago, about using my parents II account and was told I couldn't, because I wasn't on the account.

Well, I asked my parents, and it turns out I am on the deed (or whatever it is) for my parents timeshares, so they added my name to their II account.

Will I know be able to deposit a timeshare week into that account that my name is on, but not my parents?

Also, I understand that II has different rules for exchanges. If I deposit a one bedroom, but want a two bedroom, how does it work?

JT

Bill4728

Reaction score
I asked a question a couple of weeks ago, about using my parents II account and was told I couldn't, because I wasn't on the account.

Well, I asked my parents, and it turns out I am on the deed (or whatever it is) for my parents timeshares, so they added my name to their II account.

Will I know be able to deposit a timeshare week into that account that my name is on, but not my parents?
No you can't. II has very specific rules, you can only have more than 1 TS in an II account, if the names on all the TSs are the same.

Also, I understand that II has different rules for exchanges. If I deposit a one bedroom, but want a two bedroom, how does it work?

JT
Here is the answer from the TUG's II FAQs
What size unit can I get with an Exchange?
A.
• With an “Instant” online exchange, you can search for any size unit that your week will match with. So if your studio can find an instant exchange at a resort which show a 2 bd available, you can trade for that 2 bedroom.

• With an ““Ongoing Search" / "Pending Request" exchange, you can only search for a size unit which is the same as your unit size ( or less). EXECPT: If you are using a 1 bd unit and want a 2 bd unit, you can get a 2 bd unit by requesting an exchange into a resort which have only 2 bd units.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

JT
Here is the answer from the TUG's II FAQs
• With an ““Ongoing Search" / "Pending Request" exchange, you can only search for a size unit which is the same as your unit size ( or less). EXECPT: If you are using a 1 bd unit and want a 2 bd unit, you can get a 2 bd unit by requesting an exchange into a resort which have only 2 bd units.​

You MIGHT luck out and be assigned a 2 bedroom unit with an ongoing search or pending request exchange. You just can't ask for it upfront.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps but in my experience after depositing one of my two bdr. units with II I have been offered a three bdr. unit on several occasions. Not that I have asked for an upgrade, it was just that a three bdr. was available in the location and at the time I wanted. Maybe my sitiation is not comparable because there are relatively very few resorts offering three bdr. units.
K.