• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Annual Owners a meeting September 2nd - Clearwater

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
You can rollover up to the amount you own. So if you own 100,000 points, you can only roll over 100,000 points. If you have 150,000, you cannot roll over the additional 50,000. You cannot rollover PIC points, bonus points, or points that were been rolled over from last year. The maximum allowed points you can rollover is determined by how many use year points you have tied to your contracts.

Thanks. I was thinking in terms of an absolute limit. Chances are slim that I would want to roll over all my points.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
The September meeting appears to be one of the more significant meetings
Website just updated VIP section with "Lock in VIP tier by November 2020...new VIP program anticipated launch in November 2020"
https://www.wyndhaminteractivesaleshub.com/club-wyndham/vip-by-wyndham.pdf

Have they announced any method to attend conference remotely?

Interesting that they have dropped the entire “Privileges” marketing approach. It’s back to VIP - and they have dropped the non-sensical naming and gone with Bronze in place of Advantage, and left Founders as the top level. I also noticed the following changes:

Founders:

The 60% discount is no longer listed under rotating benefits
The rotating benefits no longer lists club pass discounts and such

Other changes:

November 2020 is explicitly listed
Friends and family reference is no longer listed under Bronze - they have listed complimentary GCs instead

So in essence any/all changes that were under consideration for Privileges have been cut, yet they are still raising the existing levels by 100k each. All they have done is add two more tiers to the existing VIP program.

Given COVID-19 I can somewhat understand the why. Times are tough and Wyndham needs revenue, but with such economic uncertainty afoot - and high unemployment for large swaths across a number of economic sectors - I think there’s a real possibility this could end up being a major miss by Wyndham. I’m far from certain they are going to see any revenue boost from existing VIP owners if there are no additional benefits that add any real value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Interesting that they have dropped the entire “Privileges” marketing approach. It’s back to VIP - and they have dropped the non-sensical naming and gone with Bronze in place of Advantage, and left Founders as the top level. I also noticed the following changes:

Founders:

Other changes:

Friends and family reference is no longer listed under Bronze - they have listed complimentary GCs instead

So in essence any/all changes that were under consideration for Privileges have been cut, yet they are still raising the existing levels by 100k each. All they have done is add two more tiers to the existing VIP program.

Given COVID-19 I can somewhat understand the why. Times are tough and Wyndham needs revenue, but with such economic uncertainty afoot - and high unemployment for large swaths across a number of economic sectors - I think there’s a real possibility this could end up being a major miss by Wyndham. I’m far from certain they are going to see any revenue boost from existing VIP owners if there are no additional benefits that add any real value.

The 60% discount is still listed for Founders, it's just that it's above rotating rather than below it. Seems like they're pushing a bit harder to motivate current VIPPs to upgrade to Founders; I would guess that they view VIPPs as folks that are more likely to buy more. It also looks like Presidential Reserve members will also automatically get Founders.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Founders:

Other changes:

That is my concern as well. If there are no additional benefits, it’s not worth the extra $20k it will cost to get to that level later on. Of course “worth” is dependent on the person. Monetarily it doesn’t save you money right now, with the exception of VIP Silver with PIC. After the changes, there is even less value due to the increased upfront costs. Not everyone can increase their level now. Some may have to wait a year or more to get there, so taking advantage of it now is not an option. The whole “lock it in now” sales pitch will only last so long and only works on people who can afford it. After the change, they are going to have to have better benefits to justify buying 400,000 points to get to the next level. Gold works well for me now. Platinum has a few benefits that would be nice to have, but not worth the additional $40,000 it would take to get there now. It defiantly wouldn’t be worth the additional $60k to get there after the changes. The “worth” is my opinion of course, but I have no doubt many people share my opinion. I don’t see me upgrading to Platinum or Founders if they don’t add or improve the benefits.

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score

So what percentage of owners do you think were less than 100K over the current tier level like me? My guess is the increase of 100K was calculated by Wyndham to ensure they put a majority of current VIPs, like myself, in a position where they have to increase their ownership or be forced down to a lower tier. If they don't grandfather current VIPs into current existing tier (which I very much doubt they will) then this could be the last straw for me.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
So what percentage of owners do you think were less than 100K over the current tier level like me? My guess is the increase of 100K was calculated by Wyndham to ensure they put a majority of current VIPs, like myself, in a position where they have to increase their ownership or be forced down to a lower tier. If they don't grandfather current VIPs into current existing tier (which I very much doubt they will) then this could be the last straw for me.

The chart indicates grandfathering is being honored, so it's not about grandfathering. It's about trying to motivate current VIP owners to upgrade to the next VIP tier before November 2020, because after that point, upgrading to the next tier requires 100k more points purchased. So if I want to upgrade my current 718k annual VIPG points to VIPP - today I need 283k points. In November 2020 and beyond, I need 383k points. Big difference. I can't speak for anyone else - but no way I'm spending $20-30k on luxury items right now. I'd rather have the cushion in savings given the general economic uncertainty afoot.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
The 60% discount is still listed for Founders, it's just that it's above rotating rather than below it. Seems like they're pushing a bit harder to motivate current VIPPs to upgrade to Founders; I would guess that they view VIPPs as folks that are more likely to buy more. It also looks like Presidential Reserve members will also automatically get Founders.

Agreed - it's listed as a "permanent" benefit now - while before it was listed as a rotating benefit. Basically what they did was to remove any net new benefits that would have added to VIP program costs - like Club Pass discounts for example - and simply absorbed all of the costs under the banner of making the 60% discount permanent as opposed to rolling.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Founders:

Other changes:

I'm sure they made plenty selling unnecessary points to existing VIP owners that would have been grandfathered in.

Last edited:

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
The chart indicates grandfathering is being honored, so it's not about grandfathering. It's about trying to motivate current VIP owners to upgrade to the next VIP tier before November 2020, because after that point, upgrading to the next tier requires 100k more points purchased. So if I want to upgrade my current 718k annual VIPG points to VIPP - today I need 283k points. In November 2020 and beyond, I need 383k points. Big difference. I can't speak for anyone else - but no way I'm spending $20-30k on luxury items right now. I'd rather have the cushion in savings given the general economic uncertainty afoot.

I agree with your point that this is trying to motivate owners to buy more now. However I am not certain I interpret the PDF in the same way you are. I read it that you need to buy 383K points (using your example) now at the current prices because prices will be going up after November 2020.

I also don't see that the PDF indicates grandfathering will be honored. I think you make that statement based on the grey box saying the new tiers will maintain you existing benefits. However I interpret this to say that if you have enough points to stay in the tier you are in today (1.099M for Gold) then you will still have the same benefits you receive as Gold today. I don't interpret it to say that you will still be Gold if you have 799,999 points today.

I hope you are correct about grandfathering but I am not convinced that will be the case. Hopefully it will be confirmed one way or the other at the owners meeting.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I agree with your point that this is trying to motivate owners to buy more now. However I am not certain I interpret the PDF in the same way you are. I read it that you need to buy 383K points (using your example) now at the current prices because prices will be going up after November 2020.

I also don't see that the PDF indicates grandfathering will be honored. I think you make that statement based on the grey box saying the new tiers will maintain you existing benefits. However I interpret this to say that if you have enough points to stay in the tier you are in today (1.099M for Gold) then you will still have the same benefits you receive as Gold today. I don't interpret it to say that you will still be Gold if you have 799,999 points today.

I hope you are correct about grandfathering but I am not convinced that will be the case. Hopefully it will be confirmed one way or the other at the owners meeting.

It was emphatically stated at the owner's meeting in Austin last November that current VIP owners would be grandfathered.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

In addition to what Jan mentioned about the owners meeting, this is a slide from that owners meeting.
828c70ff2419fda64e0ec60e2df43312.jpg

The PDF indicated in multiple places that you will keep your status.

cb7521fab75d19d281c1c0448561ecbb.plist

It’s also stated on the website.
7c54f8ebfe62864a83196fc101ba0d83.plist

The only owners not being “grandfathered” are people who already own 300,000 points before the new program was announced. They will not automatically get status. That’s because they don’t already have VIP. They didn’t pay to become VIP. If they automatically have them Bronze, they’d be giving away VIP for free. VIP owners would take issue with that. People who already had 1.4 million retail bought points and PR owners will automatically get Founder status.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
In addition to what Jan mentioned about the owners meeting, this is a slide from that owners meeting.
828c70ff2419fda64e0ec60e2df43312.jpg

The PDF indicated in multiple places that you will keep your status.

cb7521fab75d19d281c1c0448561ecbb.plist

It’s also stated on the website.
7c54f8ebfe62864a83196fc101ba0d83.plist

The only owners not being “grandfathered” are people who already own 300,000 points before the new program was announced. They will not automatically get status. That’s because they don’t already have VIP. They didn’t pay to become VIP. If they automatically have them Bronze, they’d be giving away VIP for free. VIP owners would take issue with that. People who already had 1.4 million retail bought points and PR owners will automatically get Founder status.
Its a shame sales didn't get this memo and sold many owners additional points they did not need knowing that they would be grandfathered in under old VIP levels. Same strategy of promoting a new program to daze and confuse owners into buying more points then they need or can use.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

The email sent to all VIP Wyndham owners today clearly outlines that grandfathering will be honored:

1594848806135.png

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Its a shame sales didn't get this memo and sold many owners additional points they did not need knowing that they would be grandfathered in under old VIP levels. Same strategy of promoting a new program to daze and confuse owners into buying more points then they need or can use.

Are you sure they didn’t get the memo? Or was that sarcasm? ;)

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
The email sent to all VIP Wyndham owners today clearly outlines that grandfathering will be honored:

View attachment 23645
Also, “...and your benefits are getting better.” I’m Silver VIP and I don’t see any improvements listed. Am I missing something?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Also, “...and your benefits are getting better.” I’m Silver VIP and I don’t see any improvements listed. Am I missing something?
They have not announced them yet. The email said we would be getting updates.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
What do you guys think? I think this would be a great way to figure out which attendees are TUG owners, and promote the site. @TUGBrian, seeing this is the TUG logo, let me know where I should send the royalties to, or if there is a way to set it up automatically. I've never sold a design on Zazzel before.

1594904371608.png

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
What do you guys think? I think this would be a great way to figure out which attendees are TUG owners, and promote the site. @TUGBrian , seeing this is the TUG logo, let me know where i should send the royalties to, or if there is a way to set it up automaticly. I've never sold a design on Zazzel before.

View attachment 23665
@TUGBrian, I would like one of those, without the owners’ meeting information since I won’t be attending. And maybe in white, to be cooler?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
You might be able to modify it yourself, but I felt the logo stood out more with the black.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
@TUGBrian, I would like one of those, without the owners’ meeting information since I won’t be attending. And maybe in white, to be cooler?

Here is in it white without the text. I think Black makes the logo stand out more.

1594916208161.png

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
haha...thats outstanding.

just wearing it would be payment enough for us, no need to send us royalties =)