• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Am i ready to buy?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I do not know about Wyndham specifically, but we bought when we realized we were going back to the same resort every year and it really felt like a second home. We knew it would be affordable for us -we could drive and we could cook in a lot and many things to do at the resort or in the area were either free or inexpensive. We could do a lot of activities or do nothing and be happy there for a week or two. And, we could go somewhere else if we felt we wanted to exchange. Our only child loved it there, also, so we were sold!:)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to Bonnet Creek with a friend and to earn our room had to sit through a sales presentation

Long story short: we liked what we saw, we bought and then rescinded. found the secondary market and ebay and bought there.

Wyndham hit all my hot buttons....cheap buy in, reasonable annual fees, resorts within a few hours of my home, for that quick, last minute get away. and resorts in Washington DC and San Francisco where we have family

As soon as you determine that your hot buttons have been pushed...buy

jdiepm

Reaction score
We have been going to the Glacier Canyon twice a year for the past three years usually spending $300-$400 per night. My son loves it there and i love that all the waterparks and play areas are free. Iv decided not to purchase at the Glacier canyon as the maintenance fees are higher then other places. Iv been doing A LOT of reading up on Wyndham Timeshares and it seems to be a sound a reputable company, and so far no ones told me not to buy

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been going to the Glacier Canyon twice a year for the past three years usually spending $300-$400 per night. My son loves it there and i love that all the waterparks and play areas are free. Iv decided not to purchase at the Glacier canyon as the maintenance fees are higher then other places. Iv been doing A LOT of reading up on Wyndham Timeshares and it seems to be a sound a reputable company, and so far no ones told me not to buy

We did the same thing at glacier canyon. Now with the timeshare we go twice as often and spend half the money...lol

Jason

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to be warm in the winter. A view of the ocean/near the beach condo was expensive; year round expenses high; few neighbors in mostly empty buildings was depressing and unappealling. Timeshares could be brought for when you wanted to use them; everyone was on vacation; you felt like you were on vacation in a chean home weekly; and cheap buy-in with shared yearly costs.

And I decided to buy before all the baby-boomers decided that was what they wanted, too.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, you know you like the TS lifestyle. Your kid(s) enjoy going there. You find it affordable. But I think the time to buy is when you can really crunch the numbers and it makes more sense to buy than rent. In other words, want it with your head, not with just your heart.

Jim

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
OP

Before you buy, just figure out whether you need ARP at Glacier Canyon. If you need the ARP, buy points deeded there.

I am not familiar with the availabilty at GC. There may be some weeks and/or units sizes that require ARP, ask around.

jdiepm

Reaction score
Well, you know you like the TS lifestyle. Your kid(s) enjoy going there. You find it affordable. But I think the time to buy is when you can really crunch the numbers and it makes more sense to buy than rent. In other words, want it with your head, not with just your heart.

Jim

I know i can afford the maintenance fees and program fees, and may sometimes incur additional housekeeping and reservation fees. are there other fees i need to be aware of?

OP

Before you buy, just figure out whether you need ARP at Glacier Canyon. If you need the ARP, buy points deeded there.

I am not familiar with the availabilty at GC. There may be some weeks and/or units sizes that require ARP, ask around.

We live only a couple hours drive from the Dells and never plan our trips there too far ahead of time. we would simply go if its available and not go if it isnt.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know i can afford the maintenance fees and program fees, and may sometimes incur additional housekeeping and reservation fees. are there other fees i need to be aware of?

This is not Wyndham centric because I don't own Wyndham, but timeshare related nonetheless. As you become a more sophisticated traveler, you will want to 'spread your wings'. Hanging around here (on TUG), you will hear (read) about folks going to the 'coast' (all 3) and Hawaii, and resorts around the world. There are costs involved in simply the travel. If you want to travel anyway, it's not just the timeshares that cost- it's the time off and the transportation.

I wouldn't trade it for the world, but those are just the realities.

Jim

ledaga

Reaction score
Just watch Ebay for the resort you want if ARP is important. Buy resale and enjoy. We bought 2 years ago and it has been great if you have time to use it.

jdiepm

Reaction score
This is not Wyndham centric because I don't own Wyndham, but timeshare related nonetheless. As you become a more sophisticated traveler, you will want to 'spread your wings'. Hanging around here (on TUG), you will hear (read) about folks going to the 'coast' (all 3) and Hawaii, and resorts around the world. There are costs involved in simply the travel. If you want to travel anyway, it's not just the timeshares that cost- it's the time off and the transportation.

I wouldn't trade it for the world, but those are just the realities.

Jim

Of course iv factored in travel costs, I actually travel a lot (originating from England), but thats a fact of my life regardless of whether you own a timeshare or not. I think one of the reasons im comfortable buying into Wyndham is due to the fact that they do have a couple of resorts within driving distances of where i live, so if im ever strapped for cash one year i will still be able to go somewhere and have an enjoyable time. I will also use this as an opportunity to travel around the continental U.S.A and see places i wouldnt necessary go to if the room wasnt "free".

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes- in your case buy with ARP

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
When to buy? I got tired of always trying to find the 'bargain' and ending up in a crappy solitary room, at a crappy property, with loud neighbors. So, I finally popped for what I see as real bargains in places I want to visit at the times I want to visit evrry year. I also acquired a unit to trade and am exploring making my first trade. (I'm getting excited about that!)