• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Allegiant airlines

Loggie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this airline? I know that they are a low cost airline that is started to fly out of our local airport?

dfjkl

Reaction score
We've flown their Peoria to Vegas direct quite a few times. They are fine. No free refreshments though, all pay. Add to that I believe they now charge per checked bag (no freebies). AND charge to for specific seating. If you get to the gate early enough you may be able to be seated together by asking the desk agent but it's not a guarantee. We've had no issues w/ them that I can recall though.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I have read, they are also in a better financial position than most if not all of the big airlines.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We've used them for flights from Bellingham, north of Seattle to Las Vegas and Reno. They charge for absolutely everything, even water, but for a relatiavely short flight, they're fine and their fares are quite a bit cheaper than the more major airlines.

Right now I could fly from Bellingham to Las Vegas for $28 one way!!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We've used them for a few years to go to Vegas. However, their prices with all the add on's has started to creep up and, with them not offering any sort of FF miles, the only advantage they have is that they are a direct flight.

Draw backs are that they are a charter airline. What that means is, if they pull out of an area, all they owe you is your original purchase price of your tickets. Allgiant has been known to pull out of under preforming airports without notice leaving guest to fend for themselves at last minute pricing. Because their prices are equivilant to the major carriers now and because of the risk they could just quit flying out of our airport without warning, I find myself having to think long and hard about whether it's best to fly them or fly a major carrier with one stop for about the same money and a little better protection.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I've also used them to fly from Bellingham, WA, to Las Vegas. They were a great airline for us, and saved the hassle and expense of driving to Seattle, then parking at SeaTac airport. I haven't flown them in a couple of years, so can't speak to the up-charges others have mentioned, but even so, their rates are so much cheaper than the big carriers flying out of Seattle, the fares are still better. FF miles notwithstanding, next time I need a direct flight to somewhere they fly from Bellingham, I'll use them.

My only issue with them is their schedule - they only fly to certain destinations on certain days. That doesn't always fit my travel schedule.

Dave

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
FF miles are becoming worth less and less by the day, as the airlines devalue the programs, led by DL and US.

I fly LCC's in Europe every time I can.

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband flew them last month, and he was impressed with their smooth operation.
Connie

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
My co-worker few Allegiant recently and was impressed with the flight. She said everything went smoothly, the service was fine, the seating was comfortable and the price was great (even with the various optional fees). We have hesitated on using them because their flights out of here tend to be one flight a day and maybe three or two times a week to the various destinations. With two kids I always imagine a scenario where we get delayed unexpectantly and miss our flight -- then no way to reach our destination for another day or two! :eek: Nope, can't have that. So I can only admire the great fares I keep seeing; we won't be flying the airline for a long long time.

RumRunner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I flew them once Las Vegas to Santa Maria and it was ok. I agree that they have only certain days they fly in and out of Santa Maria (closest airport to me they use) and most of the time those days don't work. And it's only once per day on those days, so the schedule is tough. The prices are good until you add on things like baggage, seat assignment, etc. And I find that flying to the place is cheap but flying home is where the price goes up much higher. They also lost my bag on the non-stop from Las Vegas to Santa Maria (CA)! And the Santa Maria airport is TINY! It took them almost 2 days to find it! They are a last resort for me to fly to Vegas if another airline or driving is not an option.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Did you see the other current thread on this topic? Apparently they have a LOT of add-on fees.

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you see the other current thread on this topic? Apparently they have a LOT of add-on fees.

Yes, they surely do...but the price still was better than the other airlines even with the fees.
Connie