• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Allegiant adding 44 routes this summer

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Allegiant adding 44 routes this summer

By Robert Silk / Aviation / Travel Weekly / travelweekly.com / Jan 14, 2020

“Allegiant will introduce 44 seasonal routes this summer, including service in three new destinations: Chicago, Houston and Boston....”

B75E678D-9878-4C23-B535-890A87EA4B7D.jpeg

Photo: Travel Weekly

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like this budget airline is doing well despite all the negative remarks about it. But I guess many passengers will gladly accept the discomforts and inconveniences of these low-cost, no-frills airlines in exchange for cheaper fares.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or, in the case of Sanford International Airport, they like going to a smaller airport instead of MCO.

I noticed that too. For instance with Chicago, they are using Midway instead of O'Hare. In Houston, they are using Hobby instead of Bush. In Phoenix, they use the smaller one in Chandler instead of Sky Harbor.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I noticed that too. For instance with Chicago, they are using Midway instead of O'Hare. In Houston, they are using Hobby instead of Bush. In Phoenix, they use the smaller one in Chandler instead of Sky Harbor.

Probably lower airport take off and landing fees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
One interesting concept I have thought about -

Allegiant has a lot of flights into Las Vegas for folks that want to get from their home town to LV / reverse use of these could allow very inexpensive travel - as long as you are flexible .

(1 ) ie) fly to Las Vegas the cheapest way possible . For me it would be on the no frills Westjet subsidiary
call Swoop - from Hamilton ON Canada - ( Allegiant from Niagara Falls NY flys mostly to Florida / does not go to Las Vegas)

2) spend a night or 2

3) then fly Allegiant - and explore a place you have never been to -

Boise Idaho
Billing’s Montana
Bismarck ND
Rapid City SD
Green Bay Wisc.
El Paso Tx.
McAllen Tx.
Pasco Tri Cities Wash.
etc.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Allegiant has a lot of flights into Las Vegas for folks that want to get from their home town to LV / reverse use of these could allow very inexpensive travel - as long as you are flexible .

...and as long as you're willing to deal with the inconveniences, discomforts, and nickle-and-diming these no-frills airlines such as Allegiant provide. Also, Allegiant does not have any connecting flights so getting across the continent would require two bookings.