• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

All Inclusive resorts

BigDave

Reaction score
Are there any all-inclusive resorts that can be reserved directly with HGVC points? Or how about through RCI, does anyone have any good experience with this type of property?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Are there any all-inclusive resorts that can be reserved directly with HGVC points? Or how about through RCI, does anyone have any good experience with this type of property?

All inclusive is not included on RCI exchanges - you have to pay it separately.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We did a week at an AI in Jamaica last year via RCI. The point-cost was negligible.
But w-RCI, there is a mandatory add'l fee for food+drinks, which can be significant.

Compare the supplemental fee to what you'd pay to book the stay using 100% cash.
The latter may even be less.

BTW, at AI's, you should eat+drink MT fellow guests, so you don't subsidize their consumption. :cool:

Last edited:

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe Fiesta is all inclusive option. .. (hgvc mexican affiliate )... you probably need to call and get the cost. . Generally i find that "all inclusive " costs will far exceed the mf related to the points used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have found 1 good to use timeshare points to get all inclusive stays where is no additional fee.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I have found 1 good to use timeshare points to get all inclusive stays where is no additional fee.

Care to share?

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
I believe Fiesta is all inclusive option. .. (hgvc mexican affiliate )... you probably need to call and get the cost. . Generally i find that "all inclusive " costs will far exceed the mf related to the points used.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

There is one HGVC affiliate that includes all-inclusive with a normal point reservation and that is The Explorean Kohunlich.

I haven't stayed there but plan to do so. Has anyone stayed at this resort? Based on reviews, it's a long drive from Cancun airport but appears to be a good getaway from the hustle and bustle.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
At the Fiesta Americana Los Cabos, all-inclusive is optional when you reserve with your points.

We were there a few weeks ago during Gold Season and it was $75pp which actually isn't bad if you're just going to stay at the resort all day.

I think if you reserve it through RCI it is mandatory.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, Fiesta Americana Cozumel is an all-inclusive that you can reserve with Club Points only (NO all-inclusive fee).

See: http://www.hgvclubprogram.com/club-perks/fiesta-americana-hotel/

Although starting at 1900 points per night, I wouldn't exactly call it a bargain.

Kurt

Does anyone know if there is a minimum night stay with this? This is a cruise port of call, pondering that it might be nice to have the AI poolside that day once in town.

Uscjusto

Reaction score

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG 1900 points a night! That's ridiculous!
Unless you've been there and it's worth it???

well... I imagine it is 4800 points related to lodging for 1 week and 8500 for All inclusive fee.

8500/7 = 850 points per day.

Lets assume that your points cost you 20 cents a piece, it is $170/Day (2 people). or $85/person/day.

That actually seems in line with some all inclusive fees.

IMHO, All inclusive is generally overpriced and overrated and only makes sense if you are a BIG drinker who would have paid for all the drinks no matter what. I have never heard anyone come back from an all inclusive and tell me "the food was amazing".

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
well... I imagine it is 4800 points related to lodging for 1 week and 8500 for All inclusive fee.

8500/7 = 850 points per day.

Lets assume that your points cost you 20 cents a piece, it is $170/Day (2 people). or $85/person/day.

That actually seems in line with some all inclusive fees.

IMHO, All inclusive is generally overpriced and overrated and only makes sense if you are a BIG drinker who would have paid for all the drinks no matter what. I have never heard anyone come back from an all inclusive and tell me "the food was amazing".

At Fiesta Americana Condesa in Cancun, the food was amazing, and the drinks were good well brands and not watered down. Additionally, they had good call brands by request.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
So is it generally agreed that AI is not worth it if the guest does not drink alcohol?

Unless you want to eat 7 times a day.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Fiesta Americana Condesa in Cancun, the food was amazing, and the drinks were good well brands and not watered down. Additionally, they had good call brands by request.

What is your definition of amazing?

By comparison, how is it to Say a Royal Carribean cruise main dining room standard fair (I view that food as mediocre).

Other comparison points so you understand my Pallet:

How does it compare to say Applebees/Chillies/Olive Garden (I view that food as subpar) Or Cheesecake factory (mediocre and/or slightly above mediocre by my pallet)

Of course, that Pallet was developed after spending 10 years on the road 50% of the time (eating in all kinds of restaurants).

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless you want to eat 7 times a day.

$85/person/day for food only is NUTS especially if it is carb heavy "american" Fair.

Breakfast cost - ~$10 bucks at most hotels for "American breakfast" in USA (I am sure it is same or less in less developed countries.

Lunch cost - ~$15 bucks for most american lunches at restaurants (Burger and Fries/ Salad/ Sandwich +drink)

Dinner cost - ~$40 bucks for most "American" Dinners - Protene + Drink + Appitizer + Dessert.

Those are prices I was paying on average (obviously some days more and some days less) While on the road and/or eating in HOTELS within the last couple of years.

One of the things I like about my TS is that I can actually make my own healthier meals that taste better and cost much less.

for $200 I can have groceries for several days worth of meals for my family. Heck, A Tub of icecream costs me less than 4 bucks at grocery store, and a scoop of icecream costs me close to 5 at a restaurant.

Uscjusto

Reaction score
My palate must not be as sophisticated as yours. I loved the dining on my Royal Caribbean cruise! I value quantity and wide selection of food though. Where else can you get seafood, salad, mexican, italian, indian, american, and tons of dessert all in one place?

I agree with your cost breakdown for meals. However, it's hard to get the quantity and wide selection of food (like the food offered at Royal Caribbean or an all-inclusive) at a grocery store or prepped/cooked in the kitchen of your timeshare.

If you're just talking a $5 scoop of ice cream at a hotel versus a $5 tub of ice cream at the grocery store, then the choice is clear.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is your definition of amazing?

By comparison, how is it to Say a Royal Carribean cruise main dining room standard fair (I view that food as mediocre).

Other comparison points so you understand my Pallet:

How does it compare to say Applebees/Chillies/Olive Garden (I view that food as subpar) Or Cheesecake factory (mediocre and/or slightly above mediocre by my pallet)

Of course, that Pallet was developed after spending 10 years on the road 50% of the time (eating in all kinds of restaurants).

They have a buffet, which I wasn't crazy about. That was probably comparable to your RC analogy. The restaurants, though. I'm from Las Vegas, and I would compare any of them to an upper echelon Vegas Strip restaurant, excluding steakhouses. Especially the Asian Fusion restaurant there.....We ate there twice, and I would have easily paid $100 a person in Vegas for the level of service and quality of cuisine we enjoyed.

PS I am not at all a fan of any of the restaurant chains you mentioned. The restaurants weren't comparable to a chain, imo, but more comparable to a nice fine dining joint one might find in many US cities. Ambiance-wise, S&W or Ruth's Chris, though you certainly won't get the prime cuts of beef you expect there.

Last edited:

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
My palate must not be as sophisticated as yours. I loved the dining on my Royal Caribbean cruise! I value quantity and wide selection of food though.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the experience, but when the main dining room has steak with NO evidence of marbeling I would classify it as USDA Select (best case) and whatever is lower then that.... While some of their food choices have flavor (indian and/or other "Ethnic" options) generally the food is bland and/or Safe. What can I say, when I go out, I like to have an adventure with my pallet.

As a personal pet peeve, They keep putting the Souffle on the Menu while at the same time NEVER being able to actually make it right (I have been on 4 RCL cruises 3 of them being on the Oasis class ships and not once have they been able to get it right... usually they are overcooked).

Some of their specialty restaurants (Italian and Japanes) give a very solid product, but to have to pay additional funds for food of a quality that should be part of the main dining experience is just frustrating.....

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very jaded about steak and will only order it in a good steakhouse or grill it at home. A low quality steak is worse than fish or chicken to me.