• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Alexandra Resort

Jbharper101

Reaction score
Wishing and hoping to get a week in Turks and Caicos. I am a weeks RCI member does anybody know how many weekly points about that it would be? We were hoping to go spring break 2017 or summer 2017. I put in an ongoing search for both but want to make sure I have the right amount of points of so I am considered. Thanks for any help!!!

B

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any experiences with exchanges with II into the Alexandra Resort? Hard? Very Hard? Next to Impossible?
Looking for my daughters honeymoon for June '17

Thanks,

Lee

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may want to post your question over on the Caribbean forum. A search brought up quite a few postings. Good luck.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I tried to get Alexandra for our son's honeymoon in June, and I finally chose an II Getaway for the same. Gee, I never paid that much for any of our stays through exchange, but they were really wanting Turks and Caicos.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Cindy, this is what I am hoping I don't have to do. This is the only problem with taking the kids on wonderful timeshare vacations. They are then jaded. :D I finally talked them out of St John for now. We cant plan wedding date until honeymoon ressies come thru She can always get into some place in Mexico, which she is totally fine with, but trying to get them something different.

Lee

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to get Alexandra for our son's honeymoon in June, and I finally chose an II Getaway for the same. Gee, I never paid that much for any of our stays through exchange, but they were really wanting Turks and Caicos.

Question Cindy. Would you advise using my whole A/B side week, or just using the A side for the best chance? Or would that matter?

Thanks Lee

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Question Cindy. Would you advise using my whole A/B side week, or just using the A side for the best chance? Or would that matter?

Thanks Lee

I would think the side B would work because it's not a huge unit. I have gotten incredible exchanges with side B of my SBP weeks. I think it's just not available for exchange much. I got a 3 bedroom WorldMark Windsor in Napa for 8/5 this year with my SBP. Unfortunately, I have to retrade that because the family decided on Disneyland instead.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy, can you answer a question regarding an II week that I have, expiring Dec 2016, extended until June 30, 2017.
Am I able to use this week to try for an exchange for next May or June 2017? I can't see anything with the deposited week that far out - 2017 Or is this limited to just Flextime ?
If something did become available (say tonight) for my wanted time frame, would it match? Hope this isnt too confusing.

Thanks
Lee

Karenann

TUG Member
Reaction score
II exchange

We were able to get an II exchange into Alexandra resort in 2014. We used Marriott points for the exchange. When I called II with a question, they told me I was lucky to exchange into Alexandra as they don't see many exchanges into that resort.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Cindy, can you answer a question regarding an II week that I have, expiring Dec 2016, extended until June 30, 2017.
Am I able to use this week to try for an exchange for next May or June 2017? I can't see anything with the deposited week that far out - 2017 Or is this limited to just Flextime ?
If something did become available (say tonight) for my wanted time frame, would it match? Hope this isnt too confusing.

Thanks
Lee

Once you extend a week, you are limited to flextime only. Your better bet would have been to exchange for something in December and use eplus to extend it for a year.