• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Airport transportation to Cabo san Lucas

Deer Path

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone booked or used transportation from SJD to Cabo recently?

I know there has been a dispute with the taxi drivers but I thought it was over.
Some of the websites say you can only book transportation to your resort but will have to return via taxi.

Some say you can book round trip if you do it ahead.

I emailed to Cape-Travel to see if they could take me to one resort and let me return from another resort. The reply was that I could only do one way and get a taxi to return.

Very confusing....

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Has anyone booked or used transportation from SJD to Cabo recently?

In August we used the transportation offered on our resort's website and since we had a large group, we had a large van all to ourselves. The driver didn't take the toll road to Cabo, but instead went through San Jose, which made the trip longer because of all the traffic. Whatever transportation you use, ask them to take the toll road from the airport to wherever you're going.

For the return trip, we made our reservations with the concierge at the resort 24 hours prior. We got a voucher for our taxi and it ended up being $1 less per person than the trip from the airport to the resort. The taxi driver used the toll road this time and he also stopped a few minutes along the way so that we could see the surfers.

I had read the reports of the taxi union causing trouble, but we didn't experience any problems.

darcy

Reaction score
In August we used the transportation offered on our resort's website and since we had a large group, we had a large van all to ourselves. The driver didn't take the toll road to Cabo, but instead went through San Jose, which made the trip longer because of all the traffic. Whatever transportation you use, ask them to take the toll road from the airport to wherever you're going.

For the return trip, we made our reservations with the concierge at the resort 24 hours prior. We got a voucher for our taxi and it ended up being $1 less per person than the trip from the airport to the resort. The taxi driver used the toll road this time and he also stopped a few minutes along the way so that we could see the surfers.

I had read the reports of the taxi union causing trouble, but we didn't experience any problems.

We were there in June, and had to take a taxi back to the airport. It sounds like Karen also took a taxi to the airport in June, so I'm not clear from her post whether the situation has been worked out or not. Our taxi driver also went through San Jose, and it seemed like there was a lot of traffic, but in the end, we got to the airport when we planned to.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We were there in June, and had to take a taxi back to the airport. It sounds like Karen also took a taxi to the airport in June, so I'm not clear from her post whether the situation has been worked out or not.
Sorry I wasn't clear in my post. We made transportation arrangements prior to arriving in Cabo with our resort and booked the transportation via their website. A driver was waiting for us at the airport and we all went together in a van.

We took a taxi back to the airport in August. I don't know whether the taxi union has worked out whatever differences they had with the other transportation providers, but we didn't experience any problems. It was very convenient to just make our return arrangements through the concierge and then present our voucher to the taxi driver when we were ready to leave.

Last edited:

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Transportation,is,back,to,normal.You,can,book,RT,with,no,taxi,hassles.
I,highly,recommend,Translobo,which,is,pvt.RT,$150,and,includes,beer
and,soft-drinks,for,the,ride.They,also,allow,you,to,make,stops,to,pick,up
drinks,and,groceires,with,no,rushing.Arturo-Sanchez,is,the,owner,and,I,would,never,use,another,service.The,ride,is,like
a,mini,tour,with,his,highlighting,the,things,you,pass,on,the,ride.The,friendliest,service
around.,trabslobo@gmail.com

Barbeque

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
I have booked transportation the last few trips through Baja Ground Service. www.bajaonly.com

We booked both ways and it worked well. We booked with them a couple of weeks prior to arrival.

Deer Path

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments...It does sound like we should have no problem especially if we book RT through one of the websites.

I will use one of them where I can transfer from Airport to Playa Grande and then be picked up at Cabo Villas Beach Resort for the return trip. www.bajaonly.com will let me do that. They ask for an arrival hotel and a departure hotel. Looks like $36.50 pp RT.
Another one that will let me do that is www.transbaja.com -you can put in an arrival and a departure hotel. It is $34pp.RT

www.loscabosfirstclass.com will let me do two different reservations for $20 pp each way.

Some of the websites will only let you do RT to and from the same resort.

Karen- which resort did you go to that was willing to book you transportation
back to the airport?

Thanks all

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Karen- which resort did you go to that was willing to book you transportation back to the airport?
It was Pueblo Bonito Rose. I booked transportation from the airport to the resort through their website for $17/person. In the past, we've done the same thing and we came on a nice, big air-conditioned bus that stopped only at the Rose. This time we had a large van all to ourselves since there were eight of us.

The day before we were leaving, I bought taxi vouchers from the concierge and I think they were $16/person. It was just a convenience offered through the concierge to buy the vouchers there, rather than actual transportation that the resort provided.