• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Airplane Seatback Pocket SURPRISE - "Shame On You"

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
That's disgusting. I often find things in the back pocket but it's usually just a food wrapper or someone's magazine. It's so gross how the planes don't seem to be cleaned very well.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they can't even clean them, think about routine mechanical maintenance that likely is neglected.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
On that passengers website that is how the passenger's first class section looked on our flight home from Rome on United Airlines.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
If they can't even clean them, think about routine mechanical maintenance that likely is neglected.

I don't think lack of cleaning means maintenance is also neglected. Attitudes toward cleaning and towards safety are two distinctly different things.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If I used a barf bag, I would carry it off the plane and dispose of it properly. That's on the passenger as well.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I was on a plane with my DD many years ago, she started getting sick and there were no barf bags in any of the seat pockets around us. I asked other passengers if they had one, they completely ignored me, so did the cabin crew. I luckily found our snack bag, dumped the contents and she used that and went to the rest room. I was so furious that not one person would help...luckily she was ok, but no thanks to others. You hear about people who are kind, but rarely the ones who look the other way. And yes she disposed of it when we got off the plane!
Silentg

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bring disinfectant wipes on all our plane rides. First thing we do is wipe down our surroundings: tray, arm rest, window lever, seat belts, etc.

I have certainly had other passengers around us give me the must be a crazy germ-a-phob look. On some level maybe I am. But, all too many flight attendants have come by and commented on how smart I was.

I also blame the passenger for this one. Really??? Just leave it there???? I would never, ever think to do that.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Why on earth wouldn't you request a plastic garbage bag from the flight attendant, tie it up and at the very least have them dispose of it, or do it yourself?

We've been on board when the cleaners come on - we're always last off, and they are moving so fast, it's incredible the planes are as tidy as they are. And I too am one that brings wipes for armrests and tray tables.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
I was on a plane with my DD many years ago, she started getting sick and there were no barf bags in any of the seat pockets around us. I asked other passengers if they had one, they completely ignored me, so did the cabin crew. I luckily found our snack bag, dumped the contents and she used that and went to the rest room. I was so furious that not one person would help...luckily she was ok, but no thanks to others. You hear about people who are kind, but rarely the ones who look the other way. And yes she disposed of it when we got off the plane!
Silentg

Hard to imagine. What neighbor would prefer barf on the floor or upholstery for the next few hours to putting it in a disposable bag?