• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Air Tran/Boston to MCO

snowlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
We generally fly Delta or Southwest non-stop from Hartford to Orlando. With the price of airfares increasing, we are considering using Air Tran out of Boston this year. If we are flexible with our dates we can fly for a reasonable price.

Have you had good/bad experiences with Air Tran? Any tips on long term parking at Logan Airport in Boston? Any tips appreciated.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Like you, I'm planning to fly AirTran for a couple of trips this coming winter, solely due to the rising airfares and their aggressive pricing out of Milwaukee. I too was a bit nervous before booking but many around Wisconsin have had outstanding dealings with them.

So far the only minor gripe I have with them is that they charge you $6 (per leg I believe) for your seat selection when you buy your tickets if you choose to pick seats. I opted not, but then got nervous about being split up and stuck in middle seats so this past week I bit the bullet to buy our seat selections. Another $12 per ticket (both are direct flights/no connections) so be sure to keep whatever the price will be into your overall cost calculations.

I'm no help with Logan airport so good luck with that.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been happy w/AirTran, as much as any other airline

We flew to and from Boston from Newport News this past June/July. We didn't pay the extra to pick seats and the four of us were all seated together. I like this airline. In our area, it flys out of a small airport, which we like. Southwest used to be my favorite because of pricing, but now AirTran is my favorite. We have two trips scheduled for next Spring to Southeast/Southwest Florida. I'm going to have to opt for Southwest because they have non-stop flights to each destination; whereas, AirTran has one stop. I just wish that Southwest's schedules opened up sooner for the dates I need. But there's nothing for me that beats a non-stop flight, except a free flight and that's not happening.

zazz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like them on my PHL-FLL trip last year. The XM radio on board was nice, escpecially while I was trying to keep up with the MLB playoffs. For $40 I upgraded to business class for a little extra luxury on the ride home. Unfortunately, now that they nixed the PHL-BOS route, I probably won't be flying them quite as often.

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I flew them on an Orlando to Portland, ME trip in June for the first time. No problem whatsoever, and I will fly them again.
Connie

Hawaiiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Airtran User

I've been using Airtran out of Dayton, Ohio for several years and never had a problem with them traveling to the West Coast and East. I love the satellite radio!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Air Tran - NEW Gripe!

Like you, I'm planning to fly AirTran for a couple of trips this coming winter, solely due to the rising airfares and their aggressive pricing out of Milwaukee. I too was a bit nervous before booking but many around Wisconsin have had outstanding dealings with them.

So far the only minor gripe I have with them is that they charge you $6 (per leg I believe) for your seat selection when you buy your tickets if you choose to pick seats. I opted not, but then got nervous about being split up and stuck in middle seats so this past week I bit the bullet to buy our seat selections. Another $12 per ticket (both are direct flights/no connections) so be sure to keep whatever the price will be into your overall cost calculations.

I'm no help with Logan airport so good luck with that.

I finally gave in and bought the darned seat selections at $6 per leg. Almost within a week of doing so, they canceled our non-stop flights (r/t) between Milwaukee and Phoenix. Now we have two long days of travel through Atlanta!! YIKES - - that really stinks. We were able to get them to not charge us for the other set of seat reservations (saving us $24) . . . the least they could do for the grand inconvenience.

The worst part of it was that they didn't notify us of the change. I happened to be checking online when I noted the new travel itinerary. When I called last night, they told me that the flights changed back on August 4th. So much for notifying us "as soon as reasonable to do so."

summervaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recommend them. No nonsense, decent service, low prices. Better than most lately actually.

eakhat

TUG Member
Reaction score
If at all possible, we won't fly Airtran again. We used them for transportation to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise. Things were fine on the way down; the return flight was another story. The check-in line at Airtran was so long, we couldn't even see the counter. Several times one of us went looking for a representative as we were concerned about missing our flight. No one from Airtran was around to answer questions (except at the counter and we couldn't cut in line). After a long, long wait in line, they started pulling people out of the line for those flights leaving shortly. We did make our flight, but it didn't look very good for awhile. It wasn't a good experience and soured us on Airtran.