• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice on selling & RCI deposited points

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village
I am thinking about selling my Wyndham contract.

I have two questions:
1. What happens to the points I deposited into the RCI account last year and this year?
2. Can I convert the "free" Wyndham RCI account to a paid account and keep the points I deposited?

Thanks in advance for any direction/clarification.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you only have 1 contract under your member number and YOU transfer that contract .... your RCI account goes away. Can't convert a corporate account to a private paid account.

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you only have 1 contract under your member number and YOU transfer that contract .... your RCI account goes away. Can't convert a corporate account to a private paid account.

Okay, but what happens to the deposited points? What if I make reservations with the points and the reservations are in the future?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I general poof. Points are gone and confirmed reservations are gone.

Someone was offering wyndham points deposits to transfer into someone else's wyndham account awhile back. I didn't think that was possible but it might be.

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I general poof. Points are gone and confirmed reservations are gone.

Someone was offering wyndham points deposits to transfer into someone else's wyndham account awhile back. I didn't think that was possible but it might be.

I may want to hold on to it for a few months and try to use the deposited points. Thanks for the information.

leeomo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saved 2015 Expiring Points

I recently purchased Wyndham Points package via TUG. Three from three different owners, Wyndham received the deeds October 29th and November 2nd. Wyndham finally transferred ownership for two of them on the 18th of December. But did establish the RCI account. When i expressed concerns about points Expiring December 31, Owner Care Dept. Suggested I Credit Pool my points. Naturally, I asked how when these points are current use year points. Wait for it........ They said they could make an exception, and they DID. They told me to have the previous owner call to request the credit pool. I did a conference call with two of the previous owners put the points in the pool, game my credit card for the fee. When the contract was transferred the Credit Pooled points showed up under my points status. Points were saved. Still waiting for Wyndham RCI account. The Owner Care dept. really helped me out by suggesting the Credit Pool option, they even emphasized I would save money when making reservations and extended the life of the points an extra year. :whoopie:

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Re-Sale Purchase - Tip On Credit Pooling Expiring Points

While, the TIP from the previous poster in this thread may be a one time deal; it is an interesting outcome for the person who experienced the suggestion to Credit Pool the points that otherwise would expire.

The experience is a new development that I have not heard before.

Hopefully, others who are looking to buy a contract or two down the road will find the post and take advantage of the tip.