• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice on room at WKOR North

roadsister

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a trade into a 2 bedroom...need some information please (did a search and can't find answer)

1. WKORN...can anyone tell me whether I can request a room - AND - which rooms/wings/units I should ask for???

2. Can you use the pools at the other WEstin there?

3. How far is KAA and KA1 rom this resort?

4. I am assuming this is like a studio and 1 bedroom lockoff right?

Any other info I might need would be awesome...Tuggers are always so helpful so thanks in advance.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Nice trade. You will love it.

1. You can ask. They make no promises. Here is a map: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77373 The ocean is at the top of the map; WKORV is on the left; open space on the right. One big advantage of WKORVN vs. WKORV is that there are no parking lot view rooms.

2. You may use the pool at WKORV but not the pool at the Westin Hotel. WKORV is adjacent; the two timeshare resorts share a long common boundary and feel like part of the same resort. The Westin Hotel is a mile away (there is a shuttle).

3. Right there.

4. Yes.

My one suggestion would be to stop at Costco (within a mile of the airport) and buy groceries and stuff before doing the 45+ minute drive to Lahaina.

roadsister

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thank you - any suggestions of a good room/floor/bulding?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thank you - any suggestions of a good room/floor/bulding?

I would ask for a high floor as close to the ocean as possible. If you ask for a specific unit and it's not available, the automatic default may not be so good. High floors are quieter and have better views and more privacy.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Personally I'd rather face the interior of the north property looking over the main pool if I couldn't get an ocean view. Also, note that there aren't a lot of elevators, so if you're not keen on climbing 6 stories every time you leave the pool, you might want a 3rd or 4th floor. If you're not facing the ocean (and you probably won't be as a trader), then being on the top floor isn't as important (because you have to be above the treeline to actually see the ocean).

Bldg 7 gives distant ocean views to the north but it's over a vacant lot which isn't that aesthetically appealing. It will definitely give you the most privacy, though.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=472617&postcount=19

roadsister

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
When should I request a floor/building? Right now or wait until 2 weeks before or ???? So Bldg 5, 8 or 7 right??

Thank you all for the posts here and PMs

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When should I request a floor/building? Right now or wait until 2 weeks before or ???? So Bldg 5, 8 or 7 right??

Thank you all for the posts here and PMs

You won't get assigned Bldg 8 as an II trader and maybe not as an SVN trader as those are all ocean front units. Most of 5 is considered OF as well.

Personally, I'd request a high floor in Bldg 7 and hope for the best.

roadsister

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Does a person put the request in right now or wait until 2 weeks before or ????

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since they don't assign rooms until shortly before check-in, I'd wait.

roadsister

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone....I am so excited to stay at this resort!

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats! We will be at WKORV in May for at least 2 weeks via II trades. YIpeeeeee.

Katherine

roadsister

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hey, are you going to be there during the week 5/17-5/24??? I'll buy ya a drink and we can talk about our heavenly beds...LOL

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, are you going to be there during the week 5/17-5/24??? I'll buy ya a drink and we can talk about our heavenly beds...LOL

Sounds great! Yes, we will be there for check in on the 16th and then the second week starts the 23rd of May. Let's talk beds and TSs!!! Because my DH doesn't think I am strange enough. :ignore: :doh: :hysterical:

Katherine

PS: Got the call today. The bed is coming Monday! YIPEEEE.