• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice: old Mayan palace upgrade to deluxxe

kyeraco

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace, Nuevo Vallarta - Vidanta
Hello, have a year 2000 2 bedroom master suite Nuevo Vallarta come on Mayan Palace. The current maintenance fee is around $750. I am in year 21. The contract is a register week plus one vacation for a week. Went to and a great presentation and about offered 23,500 for: 1) deluxxe jr suite 10 years. 2) 4 weeks deluxxe jr suite 100 years. 3) usage fee is our current maintenance fee 4) some additional promos like two cruises, four additional years at Mayan Palace Sg. 5) an addendum that the exchange for this unit would be a two bedroom master suite in grand Mayan, or Mayan palace, or A loft in grand Luxxe. 6) ambassador program with the nonprofit for 5500 a year for three years. With the Mayan Palace, I don’t like the accommodations and in the past we’ve been given complementary upgrades to grand Mayan. But this time it and they told us it’s bc as they are developing more that the Mayan Palace has the least priority so it’s become even more difficult to get reservations because of low priority: thoughts on this move? We started signing the contracts but because of a snafu today we didn’t finish it was supposed to finish tomorrow and of course I still have the rescission. So I wanna know if this is a bad value. Thanks for any insight!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
There are reasons to keep your contract.

Vidanta wants your registered week / which could be renewed as a registered week for 25 more years in 2025 for a cost of 5 x MF ( so approx.$ 4000)

Your MF for a 2 bedroom MP ($ 750) is lower than our 1 bedroom Mayan Palace from 2006 ($815) - because your older contract has the 3 %'cap on yearly MF increase.
[ This is actually defined as USA CPI +/- 3 %'for Mexican Inflation ].( FYI- We both have the every 5 year Reno fee)

Your key statement - " I don't like the accomadations " - is the main reason to
spend $ 19,500 more than your 25 year renewal,will cost.

If spending $ 19.5 K makes sense to you,
then :
make sure everything is IN WRITING that you listed.

1) Usage fee is ( starts at ) your current MF of $ 750 and has at,least the 5% cap in writing
2 ) exchange grid includes 2 bedroom Grand Mayan that you prefer.
3 ) advanced reservation time is listed for the 10 year week and all others
( your Mayan Palace is 6 months for the registered week,and 6 month s for the Vacation Fare week (except Feb -March were VF is 45 days)

You should read the contract carefully - and visit Vidanta Member Services if anything that was promised verbally is not in the contract.
You can rescind - and use the 5 days to negotiate the details with VMS - that meet your requirements.

kyeraco

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for your input I appreciate it. I love nievonvallarta. Mp not so much here because no access to the GM pools lazy river and and it out in the sticks a bit !we got the 2nd floor which has a super narrow balcony with encroaching palm fronds lol . Unusable cu afraid the jungle will jump out and eat me. I wanted a diff way to ensure that I can get into at least GM when we go. What is a better way? Any suggestions? Thanks again for taking time to respond to me, appreciate it!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I actually think the Mayan Palace is centrally located in Vidanta Nuevo,Vallarta .
it is the closest to La Plaza and is next to the Grand Bliss.
The MP pool has been renamed / reconfigured as Beachland.

However ; as stated -
no access to the lazy river at the GM pool & narrow / stand on only balconies.
and there is only 1 MP building at NV.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Yep, MP is well situated, central to lots of things you aren't allowed to use as a MP guest.

BUT -
MP NV building is closest of ALL buildings to frozen yogurt kiosk and bakery with pain au chocolate
In La Plaza !!!

Yum - Yum

Last edited:

kyeraco

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BUT -
MP NV building is closest of ALL buildings to frozen yogurt kiosk and bakery with pain au chocolate
In La Plaza !!!

Yum - Yum
OK so that part is true lol...
Yep, MP is well situated, central to lots of things you aren't allowed to use as a MP guest.
BUT -
In La Plaza !!!

Yum - Yum
Yes! That part we found to be true... we did quite a bit of eating at La Plaza... and the pain au chocolate... every day!!