• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice needed for exchanging in 2013.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I'm starting to do my advanced planning for a trip I wanna take my gf and her parents on in June of 2013.

I'm wanting to go to London, and exchange into Allen House Club.

Since I'm new to ownership/exchanging, I'm looking for advice to best accomplish getting what I want next year. :)

Thanks,.
Nico

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Allen House, and any other TS in London are very difficult trades. To get this exchange, you are going to have to use a strong trader and request a wide timeframe.

I believe they are with RCI - but they are owned by Hapimag (sp?) now.

Is your TS with RCI? How many points do you have?

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise. From my searching, I did read that London was going to be difficult but still wanted to give it a shot.

Allen House exchanges through RCI.

Here's what my current TS situation is:

RCI Weeks
I have a 2BR @ PBSB (Annual), using it in 2012.

RCI Points
Current 2012 Points avail - 142,500
Potential 2013 Points I could have avail - Another 117500

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
How many tpu do you get for the week?

Have you searched RCI to see what it takes for Allen House exchanges?

I don't know if Allen House is in points or weeks or both?

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not.

Im in the process of waiting for my week to get registered with PBSB at this time, ince that is finished, I can find out the TPU. Hopefully itll be strong enough to get into Allen House but I didnt buy it for trading power, I bought it because I intend on going every year. :D

I'd prefer to use points but from what I can tell on the RCI public avail info, Allen House is only available in Weeks, not Points.

I was more in an info gathering phase until I get access to RCI for best practices on getting the the exchange you want in difficult places, like London.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Tpu's for the Allen House in June will likely be 45 at the lowest and as high as 60. The trade is not likely to come through but you should call up a guide and have them start an ongoing search in weeks using your points now. Your new resort will probably have tpu's around 20-25 depending on the week you get.
Are your points RCI points or Wyndham points? If Wyndham ask if they can set up a search. SFX might be a better option for your PBSB.

Bxian

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
SFX has listed Allen House as one of their exchange options-you can get a basic membership for free.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I rented at Allen House when we went to the UK a few years ago. It was well worth the cost and made planning the rest of the trip easier. We spent a long weekend in Wales, a week in Scotland, a week at Allen House and a week at the Osborne Club in England. Great trip.

Sheila

Margariet

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
So I'm starting to do my advanced planning for a trip I wanna take my gf and her parents on in June of 2013.

I'm wanting to go to London, and exchange into Allen House Club.

Since I'm new to ownership/exchanging, I'm looking for advice to best accomplish getting what I want next year. :)

Thanks,.
Nico

London through exchange is hard to get with every exchange company since there are only a few timeshare resorts available with only very few units which are often rented out or used by the owners themselves. June is one of the hardest months to get an exchange or rental in London. And it will cost you lots of TPU's. So don't count on it. What you can do is booking a rental week at Odessa Wharf through RCI. It's a lovely place with very good reviews.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
What can you tell me about Osborne Club? We will be there in April. Thanks.

We enjoyed our stay there very much. My review from 2007 is the second one down in the TUG reviews. I enjoyed rereading it, in spite of the spelling error I found.

I'm not sure how the weather will be in April since it was pretty breezy even in June. Lots of fun things to explore in the area and the locals were beyond friendly to these Tennesseans.

Sheila