• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advice from a stay at home Mom...

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
ADVICE FROM A STAY AT HOME MOM

It is important for women to remember that, as men grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of work as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are oversensitive, and there's nothing worse than an oversensitive man.

My name is Roseanne. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my husband. After i had his child a few years ago, it became necessary for John to get a full-time job, along with his part-time job, both for extra income and for the health benefits that we needed. Shortly after he started working 85 hours a week, I noticed he was beginning to show his age. I usually wake up around 11, watched Oprah from 1-2, then Guiding Light from 2-3, then Ellen from 4-5 till about the same time he gets home from work.

Although he knows how important my soap opera's and talk shows are, he almost always asks me whats for dinner. Of course, i have to rest for a couple hours from watching TV and listening to the baby cry in the other room all day before I decide he should call and order dinner. I don't yell at him for asking, instead I just politely hand him the hungry, crying, wet baby and tell him i need a break. I tell him to take his time and just wake me when he gets dinner on the table. I generally sit on the couch all day eating chips and diet soda, so no need to rush the delivery since i'm not that hungry anyway. He used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. But now since its always take out, it's not unusual for the take out boxes to sit on the table for several hours after dinner. I do what I can by diplomatically reminding him several times each evening that the trash won't take itself out and the baby needs to be changed again. I know he really appreciates this, as it does seem to motivate him to get take it out before he gives the baby a bath.

Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think. For example, he will say that it is difficult for him to find time to pay the monthly bills during his lunch hour and that i am spending too much money on housecoats and curling irons. But, Ladies, we take 'em for better or worse, so I just smile and offer encouragement I tell him to stretch it out over two, or even three days and that maybe he should cut back on the beer to save money. That way, he won't have to rush so much. I also remind him that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt him any, by pointing our how nice out mailman and poolboy look. I like to think tact is one of my strong points.

When doing simple jobs, he seems to think he needs more rest periods. He had to take a break when he was only half-finished cleaning the house, it was a mess. I try'd not to make a scene. I'm a fair woman. I tell him to fix himself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as he is making one for herself, he may as well make one for me, and change the babies diaper too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support my husband I'm not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many women will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating men get as they get older. However, Ladies, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging husband because of this article, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile. After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.

EDITOR'S NOTE:

Roseanne later was found overdosed on bon-bons and anti-aging creams. The police report says she was found with such a death grip on the remote that they had to perform the autopsy while Day's of our Lives was playing. Her husband has since remarried to a women in her 20's and only the imprint on the couch was said to mourn her at the funeral

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Touché, Ride.

At least her death wasn't described in a vulgar way!

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I'm sure there are others here with just too much time on their hands. I think I need a vacation, whew.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
And the rumors that Ride likes to stir things up on the board are completely false. :rofl:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ride,

You are completely right. I guess these so-called 'vulgar' jokes only work for some people on the forum. I so very much apologize for my gross mis-judgment and frail attempt to inject just an eeency bit of humor.

I profusely apologize if I have in any way offended anyone. I fully deserve to have my thread locked and to be banned from TUG.

P.S. If you find my thread offensive, I'd keep away from the Kitchen Utensils thread. It's probably a PG-13 at least.

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ride,

You are completely right. I guess these so-called 'vulgar' jokes only work for some people on the forum. I so very much apologize for my gross mis-judgment and frail attempt to inject just an eeency bit of humor.

I profusely apologize if I have in any way offended anyone. I fully deserve to have my thread locked and to be banned from TUG.

P.S. If you find my thread offensive, I'd keep away from the Kitchen Utensils thread. It's probably a PG-13 at least.

Oh grrrrr, now I'm feeling like a spoilsport. I thought both renditions were pretty funny. I wasn't offended. Neither joke was vulgar. I just was kind of grossed out by Ron's cause of death. I didn't express myself well on that.
Can I take back my grumpiness on your thread, Muranjo? Pretty Please? Friends?

And what's PG-13 about garlic?

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got to admit i was expecting a bit of a different reaction from my thread...usually on this forum, its ok to bash men openly and brutally, but when it is equal treatment for a women...its a horrible horrible thing...

Glad to see things may have changed around here

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Got to admit i was expecting a bit of a different reaction from my thread...usually on this forum, its ok to bash men openly and brutally, but when it is equal treatment for a women...its a horrible horrible thing...

And that's why I'm tired of old jokes from the days of Compuserve being rehashed ad nauseum. Isn't high time we quit bashing women and bashing men?

I know that for those people in the advanced stages of Geezerdom, the ideal society is something akin to "Mad Men." But personally, I wouldn't want to be a man in the "Mad Men" universe any more than I'd want to be one of the women.

And personally, I think rectal perforation can be hilarious. Watch "Undercover Brother" for an example. I think sexism can be hilarious, too. Most of the jokes posted here simply aren't funny. Basically, folks, don't quit your day jobs. You're not Mel Brooks.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score

That's true well beyond this forum. For example, look for commercials and ads showing men as idiots when trying to use household products.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guess it's been a bad week for me, so perhaps I shouldn't have posted at all.
Funny how things can be taken so differently than intended.

DH (who's early retired and I'm still working--as I said in my post) sent the joke to me, we teased each other back & forth about it, but we both thought it was funny. Apparently some people take these things very literally as bashing one sex or another. I know real bashing when I see it, and apparently I just saw this as a funny joke and didn't realize others would see it the other way or I wouldn't have posted it.

Time to take a break and go try smashing (not bashing) a bunch of garlic.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think we need jokes that bash men and women equally - like this:

After many years of wondering why he didn't look much like his siblings, Sam finally got up the nerve to ask his mother if he was adopted.
"Yes, you were adopted, Sam," his mother said as she started to sob softly. "But it just didn't work out, and they brought you back."

:eek: