• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Advance Rental Network

Louavulpugs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been approached by phone wanting to rent extra vacations available to owners. They have a strong pitch but want me to pay a deposit up front. In exchange we will list the rental on their network and guarantee an offer of 1800 within six month or my deposit is returned. Has anybody had personal experience with them? I am particularly suspicious when they ask for money up front. Their headquarters are on International Blvd. in Lake Mary, Florida just outside Orlando.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Scam.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
@Louavulpugs Really don’t need personal experience, you will be throwing away your money. First huge red flag is a cold call. Are you on the DNC list? If so, they broke the law right there.

This is going to be an advertising/listing company. They pop up all the time. Most are in business for only a couple years before they close the business. They lie on the phone and claim that you have extra weeks to rent. They really just want your upfront fee and are willing to lie for it. Once they have it they hide behind their advertising model and will claim that is what they sold you. The website is all for show as they provide no leads for your supposed rentals.

There is zero internet presence for Advance Rental Network (can’t find any company by that name on the internet). If that is the correct name then they are brand spanking new. Could this instead be Advance Travel Network? They are on International Blvd in Lake Mary, FL as you have in your post. That website is less than two years old and already has an “F” BBB rating with multiple complaints. I have no doubt that they are scam in that they collect big upfront fees and don’t provide anything in return. They will close the doors soon and start again under another name.

Read the complaints on the BBB to see what your experience will be.

Previous TUG thread.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
...but want me to pay a deposit up front. In exchange we will list the rental on their network and guarantee an offer of 1800 within six month or my deposit is returned...I am particularly suspicious when they ask for money up front.
Any one who cold calls you and asks for money upfront is a scam. If they can "guarantee" an offer of $1800 within six months, tell them to take that upfront amount out of the proceeds of the rental.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is a common SCAM!

Umpqua98

Reaction score
I have been approached by phone wanting to rent extra vacations available to owners. They have a strong pitch but want me to pay a deposit up front. In exchange we will list the rental on their network and guarantee an offer of 1800 within six month or my deposit is returned. Has anybody had personal experience with them? I am particularly suspicious when they ask for money up front. Their headquarters are on International Blvd. in Lake Mary, Florida just outside Orlando.
It is a scam. I've been contacted multiple times with something similar. They want to rent out my free stays from RCI and want an upfront fee or deposit to do it. They talk a good game and are almost believable....almost! The thing is, I have no free stays through RCI.

Most of these people have practiced their pitch/scam and are good at it. You should be very wary of anyone contacting you out of the blue and wanting money up front. Even if they don't want money up front, they may want it later after they have you hooked. Best is to follow the old adage if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personal experience or your impression?

If they are so good at what you do then they would never need money in advance of the actual transaction.

As others have said, this is a common scam. If you don't believe us then pay them upfront and see what happens. You'll never see a refund of $1,800 within six months as that money is forever gone......

Protect your assets and keep your hands in your pockets.