• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BettyG

Reaction score
Several years ago purchased 400,000 points for $65k but all in Access. Even though in silver status, discounts and upgrades can only be used if booking within 60 days. We are flexible and have no problem booking in advance or at a moments notice, but have had to book 13 months out because nothing is available when we wait. We were recently told in order to have more access to available rooms and get the discounts/upgrades within the 60 day booking, we would need to get Select points. They offered to exchange 200,000 of our points from Access to Select so that we can access all available rooms and be able to take advantage of the 60 day booking discount and upgrades. However, it would cost an additional 30k. They are giving us 126,000 more annual points with it as well. Is this worth the money? Do we really need to have points in both Access and Select to make the most of our money? Please help!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Several years ago purchased 400,000 points for $65k but all in Access. Even though in silver status, discounts and upgrades can only be used if booking within 60 days. We are flexible and have no problem booking in advance or at a moments notice, but have had to book 13 months out because nothing is available when we wait. We were recently told in order to have more access to available rooms and get the discounts/upgrades within the 60 day booking, we would need to get Select points. They offered to exchange 200,000 of our points from Access to Select so that we can access all available rooms and be able to take advantage of the 60 day booking discount and upgrades. However, it would cost an additional 30k. They are giving us 126,000 more annual points with it as well. Is this worth the money? Do we really need to have points in both Access and Select to make the most of our money? Please help!

No. We had 450k Access points for several years and never had a problem getting reservations. Yes, if you wait and the resort you want to reserve is a popular one, you may have trouble, but if you’re diligent and flexible, you should be able to get something. Our problem became that we didn’t have enough points to travel as much as we wanted. We purchased 2 additional contracts here on Tug for closing costs. You should be able to save close to $30,000 by buying resale if you think you need the points.

BettyG

Reaction score
We tried to extend our stay but were told that they had no availability. Then the sales guy brought up the account he has with Select, and showed us that there is, in fact, availability. He chalked this up to the fact that having both Select and access will give us all of the room availabilities. Im now seeing several posts though that say within 10 months points are points. But that wasn’t the case when we tried to extend and couldn’t with access, but could have with Select (within 10 months). So unsure what to believe. We really don’t feel like we need any more points at this time, it’s more about being able to access more rooms and thus, book within the 60 day period that gives you discounts and upgrades.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We tried to extend our stay but were told that they had no availability. Then the sales guy brought up the account he has with Select, and showed us that there is, in fact, availability. He chalked this up to the fact that having both Select and access will give us all of the room availabilities. Im now seeing several posts though that say within 10 months points are points. But that wasn’t the case when we tried to extend and couldn’t with access, but could have with Select (within 10 months). So unsure what to believe. We really don’t feel like we need any more points at this time, it’s more about being able to access more rooms and thus, book within the 60 day period that gives you discounts and upgrades.
Rule #1, never trust anything the sales people say or show you! Rule #2, At 10 months, points are points. Again, depending on the resort, availability can be very difficult within the 60 day window. If it’s a trip that we definitely want to take, we book early. If it is a location that can be difficult to reserve, we book at 13 months or as soon as we make the decision for that trip. We never count on getting something within the 60 day window and never count on the upgrades as they have become difficult to get. That said, we are flexible and we decide to take a trip to the beach during fall or winter, we‘ve never had a problem finding something within the 60 days.

In my opinion, you definitely shouldn’t pay $30,000 for something that you aren‘t even sure you need.

BettyG

Reaction score
I really appreciate your responses!! Additional questions... with the split points between Access and Select- can we only buy Access rooms with our Access points and Select rooms with Select points in that ARP (10-13mos advance)? And can we only buy in the home/deeded resort with our Select points? We will try to rescind ASAP but just in case this would be good to know.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
During ARP, yes you are limited to the underlying ownership rights, whatever they are. If it is a converted week, you can only reserve the underlying week during ARP. If it is UDI, you can reserve only at the underlying resort(s). If it is Access, only inventory that is part of the Access pool.

Bu in the Standard and Express windows (10 months or less) points are just points.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
We tried to extend our stay but were told that they had no availability. Then the sales guy brought up the account he has with Select, and showed us that there is, in fact, availability

Somebody lied to you. Either the person who told you they 'had no availability', or sales showed you a fake account.

We will try to rescind ASAP but just in case this would be good to know.

You didn't mention earlier that you had made a purchase, just that they made you an offer. Rescind rescind, rescind, do not delay. Do NOT throw away 30K!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is Wyndham math that nevers adds up.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I really appreciate your responses!! Additional questions... with the split points between Access and Select- can we only buy Access rooms with our Access points and Select rooms with Select points in that ARP (10-13mos advance)? And can we only buy in the home/deeded resort with our Select points? We will try to rescind ASAP but just in case this would be good to know.
Follow the rescission instructions as exact. I have attached some examples.

Attachments

• F72A8DA9-2059-42B8-8532-EE1E80F65827.jpeg
    F72A8DA9-2059-42B8-8532-EE1E80F65827.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 28

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree you should rescind if you’re still within the window. Also, I notice you’re listed as a Guest on your TUG profile. I would strongly suggest you pay the $15 to become a full member with full access to the site if you haven’t already. There is a wealth of information on this site and a lot of very knowledgeable timeshare owners. Do some research and ask all your questions so you can become better informed to make an educated decision about additional points. You can find great rental bargains and contracts for sale for little or nothing. It’s probably the best use of $15 that I get every year.

Good luck on the rescission and welcome to TUG.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all SO much!! I called in to the owners service line as well and your answers were all the same as the woman I spoke with. This is definitely a resource I will be using more often! Following rescission guidelines now.
There is an exception to the rule. Being Gold VIP. At 11 months gold can book from the Select trust. One month before non VIP GOLD bit below. There is a list of 50 some resorts starting on page 302.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There is an exception to the rule. Being Gold VIP. At 11 months gold can book from the Select trust. One month before non VIP GOLD bit below. There is a list of 50 some resorts starting on page 302.

There's a bit to unpack in this statement, which does have some merit but could use a bit of clarification.

First, the 11-month booking privilege appears to be referring to the reciprocal advance reservation priority defined on page 299 of the 2018-2019 Club Wyndham Plus Member's Directory, which seems to be the most current version. As a VIPG owner, one is currently allowed 2 RARPs per year, VIPP owners are allowed 4 RARPs (Id., p. 242). With the new VIP program it will be Bronze - 1 RARP, Silver - 2 RARPs, Gold - 3 RARPs, Platinum - 4 RARPs, and Founders - 5 RARPs (https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...e/vip-tiers/vip-benefits-categories-chart.pdf).

There isn't a Select trust. Per the Member's Directory (p. 297):

CLUB WYNDHAM® Select – a designation within CLUB WYNDHAM Plus identifying Members who own a Converted Fixed Interval Week, a Converted Float/Flex Interval or a UDI interest in a single “select” resort which is their “home” resort.

The resorts that are in a trust are Access. Member's Directory p. 296 says:

CLUB WYNDHAM Access Vacation Ownership Plan – CLUB WYNDHAM® Access is a timeshare plan in which certain inventory at multiple resorts is deeded fee simple, without financial encumbrances to First American Trust, a Federal Savings Bank, as trustee for the PTVO Owners Association, Inc. (“Association”), the property owners association for CLUB WYNDHAM Access owners. The Association is the beneficiary of the trust.

The list of resorts starting on p. 302 of the directory is of all Club Wyndham Plus resorts and includes ones (e.g., WorldMark resorts) that have to be book through Wyndham Club Pass using eligible points (i.e., developer purchased points and maybe PIC points, though I'm not sure about those) and can only be booked 9 months in advance (Directory P. 290-292).

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
The list of resorts starting on p. 302 of the directory is of all Club Wyndham Plus resorts and includes ones (e.g., WorldMark resorts) that have to be book through Wyndham Club Pass using eligible points (i.e., developer purchased points and maybe PIC points, though I'm not sure about those) and can only be booked 9 months in advance (Directory P. 290-292).
Just to add, in that list on 302, only resorts with asterisks * are eligible for the RARP benefit. They are some Club Wyndham resorts that are not eligible to be booked 11 months out using the RARP benefit. Austin is one example of a resort you cannot use your RARP benefit. Obviously the World Mark locations that are accessible through Club Pass do not have an asterisk next to their name because they are not eligible for RARP.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just to add, in that list on 302, only resorts with asterisks * are eligible for the RARP benefit. They are some Club Wyndham resorts that are not eligible to be booked 11 months out using the RARP benefit. Austin is one example of a resort you cannot use your RARP benefit. Obviously the World Mark locations that are accessible through Club Pass do not have an asterisk next to their name because they are not eligible for RARP.
I thought people were tired of me speaking to RARP. And I didn't think she was a VIP so i abriviated my response. Lol. But it only lead to something I would have said. Boy we all are stuck for things to do.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
But it does shine a new light on the subject. It does include all resorts in the clubWyndham plus trust. Your not just pulling from Select inventory but any Access units as well.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
But it does shine a new light on the subject. It does include all resorts in the clubWyndham plus trust. Your not just pulling from Select inventory but any Access units as well.

But see footnote 7 on page 242, which reads, "Eligible Reciprocal resorts include non-CLUB WYNDHAM Presidential Reserve Suites® at UDI locations. UDI locations are noted with an asterisk in the Resort Index on pages 302-306." It's not well written to convey in plain English what inventory is available through RARP, but does limit RARP to UDI locations, which might imply that it is only UDI inventory (excluding Wyndham Presidential Reserve Suites®) that would be used to provide the RARP.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
But see footnote 7 on page 242, which reads, "Eligible Reciprocal resorts include non-CLUB WYNDHAM Presidential Reserve Suites at UDI locations. UDI locations are noted with an asterisk in the Resort Index on pages 302-306." It's not well written to convey in plain English what inventory is available through RARP, but does limit RARP to UDI locations, which might imply that it is only UDI inventory (excluding Wyndham Presidential Reserve Suites) that would be used to provide the RARP.
We use RARP at Sea Gardens every year and it is deeded weeks. It could be all presidential Reserve have to be udi?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
But see footnote 7 on page 242, which reads, "Eligible Reciprocal resorts include non-CLUB WYNDHAM Presidential Reserve Suites® at UDI locations. UDI locations are noted with an asterisk in the Resort Index on pages 302-306." It's not well written to convey in plain English what inventory is available through RARP, but does limit RARP to UDI locations, which might imply that it is only UDI inventory (excluding Wyndham Presidential Reserve Suites®) that would be used to provide the RARP.
Austin is a UDI location, but it's not eligible. I suspect there are multiple reasons a resort may not allow RARP. Maybe resorts with limited accommodations don't allow RARP?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
We use RARP at Sea Gardens every year and it is deeded weeks. It could be all presidential Reserve have to be udi?

Consider it another loophole and use it to your advantage before Wyndham eliminates it.