• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC Usage

griffer331

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need some advice from expereienced tuggers if this is possible.

We have an AC for depositing our 1 bedroom Aruba Ocean Club 2009 usage. We have 2 weeks reseved at the Ocean Club, Sept 19 thru Oct 2 of this year. Playing with the AC on Interval it pulls up a 2 bedroom unit at the Surf Club during our first week Sept 19 thru Sept 26.

Can I deposit our Ocean Club week and reserve the Surf Club 2 bedroom and if I can are there any conseguences besides paying the exchang fee to Interval?

Thanks

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
With II if you deposit between 14-59 days before check-in you will only receive a certificate that allows you to book during Flexchange in the future. This is called a Flex Deposit.

Terry

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can do that. However, since you would be depositing your Ocean Club week less than 59 days before check-in, you will be severely restricted in confirming an exchange for that week. You will have to wait until you are within Flexchange (59 days before you want to travel) before confirming an exchange.

Edited to add that I'm glad we gave the same response!

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can contact Marriott in the morning and change your reservation date to a week later in the year (as late as possible), and then deposit that week with II.

Your trading power would increase dramatically, and you would not be restricted to Flexcahnge. Who knows, you may actually even receive an AC for the deposit.

Terry

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
You can contact Marriott in the morning and change your reservation date to a week later in the year (as late as possible), and then deposit that week with II.

Your trading power would increase dramatically, and you would not be restricted to Flexcahnge. Who knows, you may actually even receive an AC for the deposit.

Terry

Does Marriott allow you to change your reservation dates so close to the reserved week? What are the time limitations (if any) for that?

Good to know for future reference. I had to do a last minute deposit to II and never thought of trying to change the reservation.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Marriott's rules provide that canceling a reservation within 60 days of check-in means loss of the use of the week.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Marriott allow you to change your reservation dates so close to the reserved week? What are the time limitations (if any) for that? Obviously not! Sorry

Good to know for future reference. I had to do a last minute deposit to II and never thought of trying to change the reservation.

As Dave stated, here is the quote from MVCI website.
Terry :eek:

"Changing a Reservation
If you need to change a confirmed reservation, notify us at least 60 days before your scheduled check-in date."

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Thanks- that's what I had thought, but, truthfully, I was so crazed when faced with the situation I could have cared less anyway, but figured it was good to know for future reference.

The OP can, however, lock-off his unit before depositing and have two Flexchange only deposits if the original Sept. 19th week is a 2 BR unit.

Last edited:

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
Instead of using your AC, deposit the Sept 19th week into II and get the 2bdrm for the same week. That will only cost you $99 and you still have an AC to use in a year or give to someone as a gift.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Instead of using your AC, deposit the Sept 19th week into II and get the 2bdrm for the same week. That will only cost you $99 and you still have an AC to use in a year or give to someone as a gift.
I'm not sure I concur. If he switches and uses the AC now, the deposited week will be valid for a Flexchange exchange up to two years after September 19, 2008, the check-in date for the week to be deposited. However, if he stays with what he's got, that AC can be used only within a year after the date of the original 2009 Ocean Club deposit. Depending on the OP's schedule, that could be a significant difference.