• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AAA Premiere Road Service

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Wow, I have the plus did not know of the Premier. I think it sounds great! I think the Plus is well worth the money; I have no doubt the Premier will be also. Thanks for the information!

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is probably similar to II's Gold membership in that if you use the benefits (or think you might) then it's worth it. Living in Boston, and not driving too far from my home (last year I drove less than 3,000 miles) I don't see much value in the Premier membership. I do have Plus because I can't imagine a tow where it would be less than 5 miles.

Being in NoCA chances are you are frequently more than 200 miles from your "home base" than I am so for an extra $25 a year you can get the benefit of haveing a 300 mile tow.

Your recent encounter with a deer shows that a tow may be for other reasons than a mechanical problem with a car. Had I had AAA Plus when I had my encounter with an elk (which I posted about in your "deer post") that may have helped me; fortunately I had a good relationship with my insurance agent and in the end the tow charge got "burried" in the repair charge, so I didn't have to pay for it anyway.

AAA is great for people with older cars, and for those in rural areas the Plus, and now Premier, are options worth exploring. Of course AAA is also great for those looking for maps and triptiks. I believe the Plus and higher memberships also give one free foreign maps.

Now to answer your question, after 10 minutes of formulating my response; no I do not have any experience with Premier. :D

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we have Premier. Is that the level where they will tow you anywhere, not just to the nearest garage? Years ago, when we were coming home from vacation, our car broke down in Nowheresville, fully packed with two small children, all our vacation stuff, a bushel of tomatoes, and a bushel of zucchini. :whoopie: The tow-truck driver would only tow us to the nearest garage lot and then locked the car in for the night.

He was actually going to abandon us by the side of the road, but we convinced him to let us all stuff into the cab of the truck, along with the tomatoes and the zucchini, of course. After that, we got Premier so we could get back to our own home garage if it ever happened again.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
In Massachusetts we have the AAA PLus and it is worth it for us because of the towing distance factor and the additional tows it allows. Our sons used it many times as teens and we have long commutes in our jobs.

Never heard of Premier. The only benefit for me that I would is the 5 gallons of gas vs 3 gallons and more so the 300 miles vs 200 miles for towing which is $33 more than Plus. That would matter is you often drive that distance on vacation. I pay $75 for Plus. Not all AAA offer the same thing I was told by AAA in the past.

Last edited:

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We live in SoCal and drive all over this region. We have premier because typically, we will be within 100 miles of our home and we get one free 100 mile tow per year. So for the most part we could be towed home under most normal circumstances regardless of where we are in So Cal. If you were to pay for that tow, it would cost a bundle!

We think the extra money is worth it.

Janna

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the Plus in Texas (I think towing is anywhere up to 100 miles). Looked at Premier but didn't see any reason to pay the additional money.

George

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We live in SoCal and drive all over this region. We have premier because typically, we will be within 100 miles of our home and we get one free 100 mile tow per year. So for the most part we could be towed home under most normal circumstances regardless of where we are in So Cal. If you were to pay for that tow, it would cost a bundle!

We think the extra money is worth it.

Janna

I think you are talking about "Plus" - Premier has 200 miles towing.

With our recent accident with the deer, we couldn't have our car towed home because we were more than 100 miles from home. Well we could have, but they tow truck would have charged us $5 PER MILE for every mile over $100. :eek:

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Well we could have, but they tow truck would have charged us $5 PER MILE for every mile over $100. :eek:

That's very high. We have the Plus and broke down more than 100 miles from our selected repair shop. Seems like it was only a couple of dollars per mile for the extra. I guess it's geographical and cheaper her in the South.

I'll have to look into this as well. Considering how many windshields we've had broken through the years, that might pay for it. Also, DS is driving an ancient car and is away at school, roughly 200 miles from home and our favorite mechanic.

Sheila

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We go up to Tahoe, which is 175 miles, about once a month and of course that's mountain driving, with snow in the winter, so I think the premiere membership is a good deal for us. It's only $25 more, and I like the free 1-day rental car, feature, too.

Also - on the towing, you can get towed up to 200 mi. once a year, and up to 100 mi. 3 times a year, all included.

The plan also covers your spouse and dependents at no extra charge, if they are traveling with you.

BTW - the Travel accident component isn't so great. It's life and limb insurance and it only applies to trips booked through AAA.

AAA covers you in the US, Canada, and Mexico only.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Looked at our ET AAA website and no premium offered. Our prices were different from yours as well. I guess it would be a good idea to figure out which state has the cheapest prices and join there. You'd still have nationwide coverage.

My son at college does complain that he has to make two phone calls (or maybe it's wait to be transferred) since he's out of his membership town. First I'd heard of him needing the service. Turns out he's locked himself out a "couple of times".

Sheila

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wasn't offered premiere on the website either - I got it in the mail. I don't believe they will let you join in another state, because your rates are based on your state of residence. If you try to get around that, it may void the coverage.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wasn't offered premiere on the website either - I got it in the mail.

Probably should read my mail more often. I'll give them a call and see if it's offered here.

Sheila