• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AA Miles Needed through Transfer

ajhcmaj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know of all the traditional ways to get miles on AA. But I need 13227 transferred real quick. Any sites that have bartering available. I cant afford to pay for the miles but I have many things to trade. Milepoint is a joke. I would have to trade like 100k miles to get 13k on other airlines.

Thanks

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
As indicated in this thread, you can trade for FF miles on FlyerTalk's Coupon Connection, if you're eligible, but don't get your hopes up.

You're asking someone to transfer FF miles with a value of about $260 (at an assumed value of $.02 each) and at a transfer cost to that person of $350 (AA's charge for transferring 14,000 FF miles).

Thus, since you're looking for someone to give up value of over $600, you had better have a lot of value to offer!

ajhcmaj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the help. I posted over there on the AA board, not coupon connection as I only have 20 posts in 1 year.

The cost is only $150 for 13227 miles and a $30 fee. So someone would be out $180 for the transfer plus the preceived value of the miles.

I booked one ticket with my miles, and now my other acocunt is short. It is for a 30k award for our trip to St. Lucia at the WIndJammer landing.... At least I have 13 more days that the ticket is held for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you sign up for an Aadvantage Mastercard, you get 15,000 miles with your first purchase. Make some kind of internet purchase and you could get those miles fairly quickly.

The perceived value of 13,227 miles is roughly $265, so you are asking for someone to spend $445. They do not view timeshare vacations as really worth anything, so you will have to offer something worth at least $445 in trade, and probably more.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sign up for the Citibank AA Mastercard. It will be a bargain for the $85 or whatever fee it is they charge. You can drop it when it comes up for renewal.

ajhcmaj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Visa/mastercard

I already have done all those for almost every airline. Hate being in this situation needing the miles and only 12 days left of the hold.

Chemee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask A Relative

Do you have a relative that has miles? They can call and have the miles taken out of their account for a ticket in your name (no transfer to your account). My brother did this for a first class upgrade for my son.

riverside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you considered buying 2 tickets at reduced miles? I think we paid $225 plus 20,000 miles for each of our tickets. Considering our tickets would have been $900 it seemed a bargain for us.

ajhcmaj

TUG Member
Reaction score
AA Miles

I wasnt aware of AA allowing this (using fewer miles and pay a fee). NWA does it. I checked AA's site and didnt see anything.

Thanks for the help. Guess I am going to have to buy the miles to get me up to 30k miles. It is a shame as people on ebay sell ff tickets for the same price (and I would keep my miles), but seems nobody sells awards there anymore since AA and ebay share information and cancel the tickets....

Thanks for the thoughts though

Last edited by a moderator: