• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A Thread for Good News

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
This probably doesn’t qualify as “news” but it it made me feel good which is good news in itself. :) The artwork is just amazing.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This one is probably behind a paywall but maybe most of you can read it. I’ll briefly summarize below for those who can’t.

Colette Hawley has made it her years-long mission to visit senior centers and sing to residents. The Chicago-based performer hit a snag when the novel coronavirus started spreading, so she decided to bring in some heavy machinery.

With nursing homes across the country prohibiting visitors, Colette rented a 30-foot cherry picker bucket truck to serenade residents from a safe distance: outside the third- and fourth-floor windows of Chicago Methodist Senior Services.
She has been singing to seniors and Alzheimer’s patients across the country since 2014. When the pandemic hit and she realized she could no longer go inside nursing homes, she decided she had to take drastic measures. She turned to Google and typed “cherry picker rentals.”

After calling a few local rental companies, she asked friends to pitch in to help defray the rental cost and, after receiving the necessary permissions and signing a waiver, she soon found herself placing her 28-inch speaker and wireless microphone into the bucket of a giant piece of unfamiliar construction equipment. The rental company gave her a brief lesson and she taught herself more when she reached the nursing home.

With the blessing of the nursing home, she raised herself 30 feet into the air. Once she was at the fourth-floor window of residents, she belted out “All of Me.”

Then she sang “Tutti Frutti” and a stirring rendition of “America the Beautiful.”

The cherry picker gave isolated nursing home residents an up-close view of the performance. It was a spectacle, and they loved it.

What a great spirit figuring out an innovative way to bring happiness and song to nursing home residents!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any TUGgers planning a trip to Australia? You might want to put this on your agenda.

An underwater museum is opening inside the world’s most famous reef

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In honor of our father’s out there:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wishing every Tugger who is a Father a Happy Father’s Day.

There are some single Tuggers Mothers that play duel roles as Mother and Father.
I also wish you a Happy Father’s Day.

:hug

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to share my good news story
when we returned to Wisconsin after eight months in Florida my daughter had had to clean out our refrigerator and freezer and restock it because the door had been ajar and everything inside was ruined. She put air fresheners inside and one on top. She cleaned out some drawers because it looked like mice had gotten in them.
the weatherstripping on one of the garage doors had worn away And that is where the mice came in. I called someone to replace it, but he had a two week wait.
the first night back I heard what I thought was a mouse In the house. I put out some mouse poison, never found the mice, but every night I heard them. I would stay awake in fear they were going to run into the bedroom.
I finally called an exterminator and he looked all over inside and outside. He could not find any signs of mice. He thought they had gotten in during the winter. I described the sound I heard but it didn’t happen while he was there. his conclusion was that the weatherstripping needed replacing, and the mice would stop coming in. So the weatherstripping got replaced,but the sound continued.

I kept a yard stick nearby and ran it under the refrigerator and stove every time I heard it. I pounded on the vents in case they were hiding there. i was ready to have exterminator back and hire someone to move my refrigerator and oven.it became my obsession.

last night a friend of my daughters stopped by to see us, first company we have had in four weeks. the sound happened again and she looked up. Oh she said, you have an automatic air freshener. That is the sound I have been hearing for four weeks! I don’t have mice.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Father-son perform Queen during online open mic concert. Good times!

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Senior Home in Brazil Creates ‘Hug Tunnel’ So Visitors Can Embrace Their Loved Ones
I’ve read many posts about people not being able to visit their relatives in senior facilities. It looks like several have come up with a pretty good solution. This started in Brazil but has now been implemented at some facilities in the US.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned