• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A question for T-Mobile customers - have you noticed....

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
...any recent improvement in service since the Sprint / T-Mobile merger of networks?

I'm curious because I live in an area where T-Mobile's coverage was spotty and dead spots occurred throughout my usual travel patterns. Going on about 1 year (or so) of service from T-Mobile, I have noticed an improved (i.e. more stable and increased) level of coverage in my area. But with an upcoming trip to the mountains of North Carolina, I'm curious to know if T-Mobile is getting better throughout the country.

Generally speaking, I have yet to run into very many areas along the interstate system where I did not have T-Mobile service BUT the bulk of those travels are along I-40.
Ideally, if any T-Mobile customer has been in the mountains of North Carolina (specifically Banner Elk area), how is the T-Mobile coverage there?
But in general, T-Mobile customers do you think your service has improved with the recent network changes?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I haven't noticed. Do you know if the two networks have actually been integrated for all customers ( tmobile and former sprint ) to utilize?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I haven't noticed. Do you know if the two networks have actually been integrated for all customers ( tmobile and former sprint ) to utilize?
According to an article on CNET, the COVID-19 situation gave a push to that process - see this article:

..and scroll down to "Will my coverage be improved?"

I think full integration has not been achieved yet, but the process seems to be underway. In my area, both T-Mobile and Sprint networks were pretty sparse so any combination of the two networks was going to help here. And I have seen evidence of the improved network locally but given my (lack of) travel in the past months, my experience is very localized.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We have t-mobile and it has in the last year gained service in areas that were not covered years prior. The data is better and the phone service has expanded. I doubt that it is because of the sprint merger because what I read was that it will take up to three years to merge both companies equipment.

Bill

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I haven't noticed any difference in our area, but I expect my service at my home to be greatly improved soon. TMobile put up a new tower about two blocks away from my home, and they were working on installing the transmitter equipment on the tower last week. Can't wait for them to turn it on, as I only get 1-2 bars of service, and spotty data service around my home. In my home, it's fine because I use WiFi calling.

Kurt

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Looked into it a bit further. Sprint network is CDMA, and TMobile is GSM, different systems. While there is theoretically some crossover in certain bands, your phone is tied to your network. So far each remains on its own, and in reality it's as if they never merged and you're still with your original carrier for now.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing new here or different.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We've had T-mobile for about 7 years. Much better than AT&T which dropped calls all of the time. Our coverage at our home is not great but we use Wifi calling. Never had great service with AT&T.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed anything but I'm in Portugal. I use my Tmobile wifi with no issues and for phone calls to USA. I also like the perk to buy the month $15 I think to call over here when I'm in USA. I have always liked their services and helpline.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
No changes noted.

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile about 3 years ago. I have better service at a much lower cost. I will never go back to Verizon.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it is a Mainland USA only problem. I have T-mobile (personal) and AT&T (company), and it has worked all day in Hawaii. Calls and text.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile about 3 years ago. I have better service at a much lower cost. I will never go back to Verizon.
It all depends on where you you need service. We switched from T-Mobile to Verizon and have much better coverage at home and around town.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It possibly depends on whose towers they piggyback their signals to/from. Here, I think they use AT&T, so there is no difference from our former service. We just pay less for it.

I think their acquisition of Sprint would be affected by when Verizon's towers are used. They use CDMA technology, not the more common GSM system.

The above is speculation, as I'm NOT any more knowledgeable than anybody else who simply writes a check for service.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I noticed some strangeness in sending / receiving texts yesterday so it seems the problem was not resolved at least into yesterday afternoon, but it appears some system outages and / or difficulties may still be with us this morning. And in the interim, no communication from T-Mobile at all on this.....

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I tried to make a couple of calls tonight on my T-Mobile phone, and the call would never go through. :(

Kurt