• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A Passion for the Past: 2011's Best Historical Fiction

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey! I just ordered two of these books on Amazon because of this article you shared with us. I always appreciate your interesting and unique articles and bits of trivia you pass along. Diverse people like yourself is one of the aspects that makes TUG such a great community. You also once recommended a great sounding book about the industrial revolution that I never got a chance to order and read. Maybe I will come across the name of that one again someday.

Keep up the great work passing neat stuff along to us! I'm listening!

Janna

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Janna,

Glad you enjoy the posts.

The book you are referring to is:
'The Industrial Revolutionaries: The Making of the Modern World 1776 - 1914' by Gavin Weightman

See this interesting Tug thread generated by my original Tug post mentioning the Weightman book - Book Recommendation for History Buffs

Richard

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Richard,

Yes that was it! Sounds like a bit of a lengthy book but I think history is fascinating even though my area of study is math and science. There was a lot of science involved in the industrial revolution and I'm sure there are many interesting tales to be told in the book you refer.

I may try to find this on Amazon sometime soon. For now I am looking forward to the arrival of the books I just ordered. Look forward to your continuing posts.

Cheers,
Janna

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! I will load my kindle with a few of these. I had been scouring lists yesterday to try to find some good reads for our trip and was frustrated. ((now bragging) 2 kids paying for 6 of us to go to London for a week over Christmas. Amazing to have kids who can now pay and still want to travel with us.)

caribbeansun

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy the Bernard Cornwell book you should know that this is the 6th book in that series so...

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad to see Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks on this list, which I enjoyed a lot.

Coincidentally, I just happened to have finished this book the very day we were at P'town Film Fest's showing of "We Still Live Here", by and about the Wampanoag tribe. Afterwards there was a Q&A with a tribal member who was featured in the film. She did have some negative things to say about this book, for reasons I won't go into here. Still I thought it was excellent.

Thanks for the post, I'll check out some of the other titles, one of my favorite genres.