• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A DC / II question

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a DC / II question.

We just recently joined the Marriott DC program. I have a Marriott studio sitting in II which was deposited before we joined. I would like to request an exchange using this studio, here's my question.

The exchange is for after my II membership expires, do I have to renew my II membership since this week was already deposited before we joined the DC program and is under a different membership number then the DC pts or since I'm now a DC member can I exchange without renewing? I really don't want to renew II if I don't have to since we are now a part of the DC program.

I think I already know the answer but would like to make sure before I renew.
Thanks.

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
Since the studio is already deposited you will not be able to get it back and will have to exchange in the old account and pay the exchange fee.

Can you use it before the account expires? If not you will have to extend the membership until after the exchange is complete.

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since the studio is already deposited you will not be able to get it back and will have to exchange in the old account and pay the exchange fee.

Can you use it before the account expires? If not you will have to extend the membership until after the exchange is complete.

Thanks, that's what I thought, I'll probably give it to my son for his honeymoon, he'll be getting married before it expires.

Bill4728

Reaction score

I'm not sure if this is true.

When we joined the DC, my marriott week in my old II account was moved into my new Marriott DC II account. My old II account stayed open since I still had several other TS in it.

If the deposited week is still in your old II account several weeks after your new DC II account is open you may be able to call and have the week moved into the new account.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm not sure if this is true.

When we joined the DC, my marriott week in my old II account was moved into my new Marriott DC II account. My old II account stayed open since I still had several other TS in it.

If the deposited week is still in your old II account several weeks after your new DC II account is open you may be able to call and have the week moved into the new account.

Your units are moved from the old account to the new one, but deposited weeks are not. Not sure if a call requesting them to move it would work, but it is worth a try.

sm1203

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I enroll 1 of my two weeks (one is a resale purchased before 6/10 not sure I want to pay the extra enrollment fee) would that resale week have to stay in my old II acct? If so then I'd be paying for 2 II memberships? Not planning to trade it much if ever but down the line you never know. I had just decided to enroll before the deadline but want to make sure I understand.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
If I enroll 1 of my two weeks (one is a resale purchased before 6/10 not sure I want to pay the extra enrollment fee) would that resale week have to stay in my old II acct? If so then I'd be paying for 2 II memberships? Not planning to trade it much if ever but down the line you never know. I had just decided to enroll before the deadline but want to make sure I understand.

Only enrolled weeks can go into the corporate account, so you would need two II accounts. I understand the reluctance to shell out another $1400, but you should think about whether it might be in your beat interests long term. Locking off and a few exchanges may cover some of the cost differential, and not needing a separate II account. Even if you don't exchange it much, plans change and it is always good to have the option.