• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

8400 points for $13000

SiriusHGVC

Reaction score
Is this a good deal? How does one decide. Sorry for such a newbie question. All replies appreciated.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a good deal? How does one decide. Sorry for such a newbie question. All replies appreciated.

You havn't given us much to go on. What's the resort? What's the color of the week? (Gold/Platinum)

Generally at that price you would be paying $1.55 per point. If it's platinum and a place with reasonable maintence fee's, it's about the going rate. If it's a gold or silver week it's too high.

Bill4728

Reaction score
$1.55 a pt for SeaWorld platinum is good - OK.

If you had asked a year ago I'd say it was a Great price, but it seems that the price point for HGVC is dropping.

PS purchases when you get more than 7000 pts are a little hard to find ( except hawaii but then you have the MFs) so with that in mind it may be more on the good side.

Last edited:

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My sense is it's a fair price...hopefully others will chime in here.

SiriusHGVC

Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. If it is a fair to good price then it should pass the rofr?

also with 8400 can't i book in HHV at less than 9 months. How hard is it to get a 2br ocean view the second week of June? How about in Waikolua (sp)?

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. If it is a fair to good price then it should pass the rofr?

also with 8400 can't i book in HHV at less than 9 months. How hard is it to get a 2br ocean view the second week of June? How about in Waikolua (sp)?

No. Number of points don't make any difference in when you can book. If you are buying Sea World, you can only book SW 12 months out. You may be thinking of something like Marriott where if you buy 2 units, you can book 13 months out rather than 12 - anywhere.

I looked on the web for Hawaii - Wailkoloa - if that's what you mean - Big Island is easier if you're willing to stay at any of the resorts. Right now , Oahu - 2nd week in June - 9 months out - I see on Waikkan which is the most expensive. It's a one bedroom - no 2 bedrooms. Big Island - Wailkoloa- has availability - one and two bedrooms.

I'm hoping for Oahu July 3 - 10. I will get up at 11:55 pm to be on the web at midnight - and it's still iffy.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, it's becoming increasingly harder to get HHV.

Waikoloa is easier to come by, especially the Bay Club.

Are you talking about June 2009?

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's becoming increasingly harder to get HHV.

Waikoloa is easier to come by, especially the Bay Club.

Are you talking about June 2009?

Just got off the web chat with a counselor from HGVC. There IS availability the week I want - 2 beds even. I asked why you never see it looking 9 months out on the web. She agreed with me - they're gone at 12:02 am.

annenp

Reaction score
that's a great price - if you look at the resale sites some 8400 are going for $13k to $18k. I also heard that 8400 maybe short inventory for Hilton and may excercise fror at that price....maybe Seth can elaborate

jin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased two 9600 seaworld units with $840 maint.fee each, for 16k and 16.5K and both passed rofr 6/08. What is your maint. fee?

Last edited: