• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

7500 SPG points

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the place to ask but what can you do with 7500 SPG points?

califgal

Reaction score
This is the timeshare group, but to use your starpoints for the hotels, go to: www.spg.com and you can see what you can get for your 7500 points.

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Points or Options?

Options -- donate to make a wish -- instructions should be coming later this week on how to reserve a night with others who have extra options to create a longer vacation in Orlando for a deserving family.

Points -- stay in a class 2 hotel a couple of weekend nights, exchange for a giftcard, save them until you have more and do something else...

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
you can go to a cat1 or 2 hotel for a couple of nights. go on spg .com and look up hotels.

And 1 night in a cat 3 hotel (which aren't that bad...)!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
So how WAS your sales presentation?

Ask the concierge if you can use the Starpoints towards a gazebo or anything.

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I declined to do the presentation as of now.
I am curious to see other resorts and how they compare with WKORV.
I haven't met any TS tour offering agent yet. I guess I have been busy running around and haven't met them yet.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Usually they sign you up for a presentation when you pick up your parking pass.

So is 7,500 Starpoints what you get if you do a sales presentation?

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Usually they sign you up for a presentation when you pcik up your parking pass.

So is 7,500 Starpoints what you get if you do a sales presentation?

We weren't asked to sign up for a presentation when we picked up our parking pass. I think the guard just handed it to us when we gave our name.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
They try to grab you when you visit the concierge... and 7500 is a lot for a presentation at any of the resorts...perhaps a sign of the times...now, if they only reduced prices by 50%...

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
We got 7500 pts for the Westin Maui tour.

As a point of reference:
You can for example use 4000 pts per night and $180 (60 a night) cash to stay 3 nights at Westin Market in San Francisco. Or use 10k pts for 1 night. Normal rate was $229 or $249. So instead of paying $700 I paid $180.

It was cheaper to use the points and cash rather than all points or all cash. Love the Starwood website for these options.

We stayed a night at Sheraton Maui at an internet only rate of 199.00 for an oceanview room. Normally it is $400-$500. So rather than use 10k pts I decided to pay cash and use them toward our SFO stay which was a better use if points and a better cash rate. Internet specials are normally prepaid.

I hope this is clear as I explained it.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
You can for example use 4000 pts and $180 (60 a night) cash to stay 3 nights at Westin Market in San Francisco. Or use 10k pts for 1 night. Normal rate was $229 or $249. So instead of paying $700 I paid $180.

C&P for a cat 4 hotel (like Westin Market Street) should be 4,000 SPs and $60 per night. If you stay three nights it will cost 12,000 SPs and $180.

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Yes, it is 4k pts a night plus $60 cash. Sorry I am on vacation this week and realized my omission on the per day pts needed yesterday morning before Ken 555 even posted. Thanks Ken!

The point being is to check on the best way to use them since I could have used 10k pts for 1 night stay in San Francisco then paid $458 for the other two nights or $687 for 3 nights and no points. So I paid just $180 and 12k pts which I thought was a better way to use them and saved me $507 dollars.

Today I am going to a Westin Spa and the person on the phone told me I could use 7500 pts rather than pay the $110 but I'd rather save the points since I have enough for one more mini trip.

She said it is about $10 for 75 starpoints.

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think 7500 Star points are worth the presentation.
I would request for more like $75 + 7500 SPG points if you want to do the presentation at WKORV.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I don't think 7500 Star points are worth the presentation.
I would request for more like $75 + 7500 SPG points if you want to do the presentation at WKORV.

In comparison, it was only 4000 when I went through the presentation ("Owner's Update") in 2006. There's a point at which it's worthwhile, and there needs to be a reason to sit through the presentation. I'm not sure if it's really worth any amount of points to sit through them now, for myself, but your value on your time may be different...