• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

60 day window question - (not wanting to violate forum rules)

jpsmit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year All and rich blessings for the coming year.

I have a question. I am trying to help a friend book almost a week at Bonnet Creek in March.

I can't post in the rentals wanted thread yet. (not 45 days out)

On the other hand, Wyndham stock frees up at 60 days out. So, what to do?

Can I post the request here? do I have to wait?

Moderators I don't want to violate the rules of the forum so please let me know if this post is out of line)

Hopes this question makes sense and thanks all for your help!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Post in the Wanted section over on TUG2.com

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Happy New Year All and rich blessings for the coming year.

I have a question. I am trying to help a friend book almost a week at Bonnet Creek in March.

I can't post in the rentals wanted thread yet. (not 45 days out)

On the other hand, Wyndham stock frees up at 60 days out. So, what to do?

Can I post the request here? do I have to wait?

Moderators I don't want to violate the rules of the forum so please let me know if this post is out of line)

Hopes this question makes sense and thanks all for your help!
I kind of wish they bumped the window of want3d and renting out to 75 or 90 days as most have to cancel by 60 days out. I have 2 weeks to rent my Atlantis unit for spring break before I have to cancel the week so the points aren’t restricted.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the other hand, Wyndham stock frees up at 60 days out.
This isn't quite true; it's typically the opposite, in fact. It can become less expensive to book it at 60 days for VIP members, but that's not quite the same thing. It's already pretty spotty for 2BRs at Bonnet in March.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
This isn't quite true; it's typically the opposite, in fact. It can become less expensive to book it at 60 days for VIP members, but that's not quite the same thing. It's already pretty spotty for 2BRs at Bonnet in March.
I kind of wish they bumped the window of want3d and renting out to 75 or 90 days as most have to cancel by 60 days out. I have 2 weeks to rent my Atlantis unit for spring break before I have to cancel the week so the points aren’t restricted.
Wyndhams stock frees up at 15 days or a few days before. This happens when a VIP can not rent the reservation and doesn't want to lose the points.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Kind of hard to think of three months as being "last minute."

I don't think Brian is trying to remedy all the difficulties and hardships of timeshare ownership.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Kind of hard to think of three months as being "last minute."

I don't think Brian is trying to remedy all the difficulties and hardships of timeshare ownership.
True, but a sticky in a thread isn’t that much of a hassle I wouldn’t think. It was just a suggestion, one that would help a lot of people. I would never post in the 45 day window since I would just cancel my reservation. Have yet to get much if any traction in the marketplace in the past.

jpsmit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Post in the Wanted section over on TUG2.com

thanks - that is helpful - and thanks others this is a helpful discussion (understanding Wyndham also since we are recent owners though couldn't help our friend this time with our points)

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
True, but a sticky in a thread isn’t that much of a hassle I wouldn’t think. It was just a suggestion, one that would help a lot of people. I would never post in the 45 day window since I would just cancel my reservation. Have yet to get much if any traction in the marketplace in the past.

Since the Marketplace isn't very productive and your 45 day limit precludes using LMR, it sounds like you have to look beyond TUG for a place to generate business. TUG is good for a lot of things to a lot of people but can't be expected to be everything to everyone.

I have a bunch of reservations this spring in the $2,000 to $3,500 range. It would really help me out if LMR raised its limit to $3,500. I could clear the books. On the other hand, spending $25 for a listing on RedWeek.com isn't a major expense.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think one of the stated purposes is to help out those who are trying to rent out but are too late to cancel or deposit for full value. The fact that Wyndham lets you cancel without penalty up to 15 days out means they aren't in the Last Minute bind that might require them to rent for less than their MF's while most other timeshares require cancellation before 60 days or even 90 days to avoid penalties. Fixed week owners have no option to cancel.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Since the Marketplace isn't very productive and your 45 day limit precludes using LMR, it sounds like you have to look beyond TUG for a place to generate business. TUG is good for a lot of things to a lot of people but be expected to be everything to everyone.

I have a bunch of reservations this spring in the $2,000 to $3,500 range. It would really help me out if LMR raised its limit to $3,500. I could clear the books. On the other hand, spending $25 for a listing on RedWeek.com isn't a major expense.
It’s listed everywhere trust me lol. Facebook, the marketplace, redweek etc. I’ll cancel but it would be nice to get rid of the unit this year since I have way too many trips planned outside of my TS