• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

6 weeks for 10k with no points???

Jandomada

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday inn orange lake
I was recently contacted from a number from tarpon springs fl the number is (727) 606-4926. They called me asking if I would like to sell my rci last minute getaway vacations for 1800 each there are 6 of them so a total of $10,000 dollars that would take 60-90 days for them to sell to whatever corporation that had an event going on and I’d get the money after. So I said yes of course that’s a hell of a deal. Then I give him all my information and debit card for direct deposit. I then talk to somebody else to verify my information and she gets the card portion and ask if this is the correct card to charge the $2300 fee. I’m like what fee nothing was ever explained about that then they send me a docusign to my email that I read through and it says I have to pay the 2300 membership fee in order to sell the rci getaways that don’t use any points they are 399 per week.

I tell them I don’t have any money for that membership fee and how come they just don’t take it out of the 10k they’re supposedly supposed to give me and they said we just don’t give money away this is how we are able to sell the weeks. I then looked up their company name Company Travel Connection and I could find a single review about the legitimacy of their company. All they had was a their website with doctored reviews and quotes about how they help people sell their weeks and points and make you money. They advertise Wyndham holiday inn Hilton. Total bs tho I then talk to a 3rd guy and this guy I explained how the whole thing sounds like a scam the website looks fake and he just explains to me how rci and ask me to search the rci guide up and proceeds to read it out to me like I’ve never heard of it before. I stop him and tell him I’ve used rci many times and I sell the vacations on airbnb. He’s says oh that’s good and I say yeah but I just don’t see anything legit about your company there’s no reviews at all a few bad ones actually on bbb. And he says it’s all on the website the bad reviews were from people who probably tried to use us but it was too late we only have 42 spots open so you better act now. I’m like I don’t have any money right now so thanks plus I wouldn’t give it to you so bye.
I then cancel my card and got a new one.

The company was named Company Travel Connection

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scam, scam, scam. If you want an explanation on how the scam works, we would be happy to enlightened you.