• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

48 Hours

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed on the reverse side of the new reservation confirmation form that there is a sentence that states that if you don't show up within the first 48 hours of your stay, they can cancel the reservation and you don't get your points back. To avoid this you need to notify the resort in advance that you'll be arriving late.

Is this new or has this been in effect and I missed it before?

Uncle Davey

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Checked In Wednesday On A Sunday-To-Sunday Reservation.

Due to painful back spasms that delayed our vacation trip, we didn't check in till Wednesday at a nice BlueGreen timeshare near St. Augustine FL even though the official check-in date was Sunday.

We called the front desk every day to let them know we would be a few days late. They were OK with that, & we called again Wednesday afternoon to let them know we'd actually be there Wednesday night.

We got there & checked in OK -- had a nice time for the remainder of the week before moving on to Orlando FL for another outstanding timeshare week.

All's well that ends well.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It wasn't on the last reservation page, but the page is now longer they have more room to make up new rules.

Given that you can book any length of stay you want in Wyndham, why would you book more than you needed, UNLESS, there was some sort of emergency and you would be late.

On RCI or II fixed week exchanges, there is often the situation where I am NOT planning on using the whole week anyway. I book it to use it for a long weekend. I just call the resort and tell them what day I am arriving.

I do use those 28K Wyndham Deposits in RCI often as they are great for last minute inventory. I use them for locations I can't access via Wyndham. I don't plan to use the whole week, but then with only 28K invested which is about $100 in MF there really is not much to lose. I use these mostly off season and last minute.

Reaction score
We've called the resorts a number of times about getting there later in the week and never a problem. So long as you call the resort to let them know you will not have to worry about cancellation of your reservation.

Allen

Charlie D.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not know what the official rule is. Last March my aunt passed away and the funeral was on our check in date for a 3-day stay in Branson. I called the resort and explained the situation and they moved the 3-day stay back 2 days. The fact that there were many vacant units at that time of year no doubt played a part in their allowing it. Also, I did not go through a vacation counselor and worry about the 15-day policy. It was not a cancellation but a request to move it back a couple of days. My guess is that if it had been Christmas time or peak summer season we probably would have lost the first two days.

Charlie D.