• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

4 Autograph Hotels leaving Bonvoy. Anyone know what will happen to our April reservation at Palazzo Naidi in Rome?

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Haven't called yet as the details were not published so am waiting to let it settle. However, if anyone has info on this, we had booked two nights with points prior to heading out to Tuscany. We had anticipated moving the res back a couple of days, but assume if I tried to rebook now, we would be unable to book with points. So planning to leave it as is, but am concerned as to whether it will be honored, and with the upgrades we'd expect, if the Marriott management leaves prior to our April dates.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the owner is taking all of their hotels and joining another group.
But we will have wonderful memories of the Palazzo Naidi... was one of our BEST hotel stays ever.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
That's a loss to Marriott in Rome for sure.....that's a beautiful property. Hopefully they bow out gracefully and honor your current points ressie. I think calling the resort after a couple weeks of letting the dust settle is your best bet of knowing how your ressie will be treated.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The last I read was that the deal is expected to close in the first half of 2020, so it may well still be a Marriott managed hotel when you visit.
if not though, as suggested, hopefully they will still honour your current points ressie

Ann in CA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Thanks Swice, Fasttr and Bazzap. Think I will give it a bit more time and then call. The article said call the hotel, but think I will start with Marriott. Haven't stayed there so hope it holds up. We actually have had a couple of lovely stays at the Grand Flora, but had heard such great things about Naidi I was willing to give up my favorite roof top breakfast!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Too bad, Palazzo Naiadi was amazing when we stayed there in October of 2018, and I'll concur with some here
that it's one of the nicest and most beautiful hotels in which we've ever stayed.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience with hotels leaving a chain after booking is that cash reservations are honored no problem. I've never had a points reservation honored after a management switch. This has only happened to me twice, so not a huge sample size, but I think the odds are not in your favor.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree, we stayed there for 10 nights a few years back and it was a dream! It's in my memory book as one of the best also.:cry: So sad when I saw the article a few weeks back

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Based on things I've read on Flyertalk, properties generally do not honor award reservations after leaving the portfolio. I'd make a back up reservation if I were you.

cds62

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have reservations at Palazzo Naiadi in August for two nights. I just got off the phone with Marriott Bonvoy and they stated that Naiadi will be leaving Bonvoy as of April 30, 2020 and the hotel will be honoring existing reservations made with points. We chose this hotel for the beauty and location but are now thinking about switching hotels in hopes of avoiding any last minute problems. Not sure what to do and what hotel would be a good switch.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have reservations at Palazzo Naiadi in August for two nights. I just got off the phone with Marriott Bonvoy and they stated that Naiadi will be leaving Bonvoy as of April 30, 2020 and the hotel will be honoring existing reservations made with points. We chose this hotel for the beauty and location but are now thinking about switching hotels in hopes of avoiding any last minute problems. Not sure what to do and what hotel would be a good switch.

If I were you I would change. While they may still honor the existing reservation, it's a good bet you would not get the best room and certainly would not get the excellent elite breakfast that we received.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also stayed at the Piazza Naiadi last summer and had a wonderful experience. The best breakfast buffet we’ve ever encountered. This is a real loss to Bonvoy.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Haven't called yet as the details were not published so am waiting to let it settle. However, if anyone has info on this, we had booked two nights with points prior to heading out to Tuscany. We had anticipated moving the res back a couple of days, but assume if I tried to rebook now, we would be unable to book with points. So planning to leave it as is, but am concerned as to whether it will be honored, and with the upgrades we'd expect, if the Marriott management leaves prior to our April dates.

The Westin in Dresden, Germany is leaving as well. We had a reservation for a couple nights coming up in May and they informed us they were leaving Marriott. They would honor the reservation, but I asked about the Titanium benefits, etc. They said they would not honor those benefits, but they did offer a 10% discount on breakfast. We decided to find a different hotel and cancelled the Westin. Too bad as were looking forward to staying there.

Best regards.

Mike

Ann in CA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone! Since we would be there before the 30th, when they actually leave, I am hoping they will still give us Titanium benefits. However, I assume they would not have much incentive to do that, except for the fact that we might love it so much we'd come back paying cash. Any recommendations if we decide to switch? We love Grand Flora, but would likely try something different. I will call, just want to be sure I talk to someone really aware of the possibilities. Appreciate all the responses. Grazie!

cds62

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Since we would be there before the 30th, when they actually leave, I am hoping they will still give us Titanium benefits. However, I assume they would not have much incentive to do that, except for the fact that we might love it so much we'd come back paying cash. Any recommendations if we decide to switch? We love Grand Flora, but would likely try something different. I will call, just want to be sure I talk to someone really aware of the possibilities. Appreciate all the responses. Grazie!
We are thinking of switching to Grand Flora (reluctantly) and wanted to know your overall impressions of the hotel? Some reviews on Tripadvisor aren't favorable but overall people seem to love the hotel. Is the location nice for walking to the major sites in Rome and as a Titanium member do you get complimentary breakfast at Grand Flora.

rovitm

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are thinking of switching to Grand Flora (reluctantly) and wanted to know your overall impressions of the hotel? Some reviews on Tripadvisor aren't favorable but overall people seem to love the hotel. Is the location nice for walking to the major sites in Rome and as a Titanium member do you get complimentary breakfast at Grand Flora.

I was there for five nights in October. It’s a great location and a nice property. I upgraded to the suite and it was plenty of room. I am also titanium, but I did not like the complimentary breakfast. The hot offerings (eggs, bacon) was barely edible. It was free so it didn’t matter, but if I have to pay the 20 or so euros for it I would. It be happy. It was a great setting on the rooftop with great views. The service at the hotel was excellent.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I am so glad I saw this thread!
We have a 5 night point resie in early June. I hope I can get something else! What a disappointment and headache.

Ann in CA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It has been several years since we were there, but the thing I liked best was breakfast on the rooftop. View was spectacular, lots of buffet choices but each day the same, and not bad, but not memorable. Think it was over 40 euros if we'd had to pay for it back then, but I could be thinking of another hotel. Cappucinos were great. We walked to the Spanish steps in about 10 minutes, and the subway entrance was right across the street. Also, there was a little bus that was really convenient for coming back from places farther away. #12 or 14?, the front desk can tell you about it. We walked a lot. We had a corner room on Via Veneto the first time, the second time we had a huge terrace, but on the side street.

We are trying to use up all the Category 5, downgraded to Cat.4 travel packages we bought back when we thought they might be phased out, and we we could still upgrade when booked, so we are heading up to the Renaissance in Barga. Kind of isolated, but beautiful and we met lots of great people in the villages there, and staff was super a couple of years ago. If anyone knows of any interesting Cat. 4 hotels in Europe, I have to book them by 2/12/20, but can book for later in the year. I'll call Palazzo Naidi next week and report back.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
It has been several years since we were there, but the thing I liked best was breakfast on the rooftop. View was spectacular, lots of buffet choices but each day the same, and not bad, but not memorable. Think it was over 40 euros if we'd had to pay for it back then, but I could be thinking of another hotel. Cappucinos were great. We walked to the Spanish steps in about 10 minutes, and the subway entrance was right across the street. Also, there was a little bus that was really convenient for coming back from places farther away. #12 or 14?, the front desk can tell you about it. We walked a lot. We had a corner room on Via Veneto the first time, the second time we had a huge terrace, but on the side street.

We are trying to use up all the Category 5, downgraded to Cat.4 travel packages we bought back when we thought they might be phased out, and we we could still upgrade when booked, so we are heading up to the Renaissance in Barga. Kind of isolated, but beautiful and we met lots of great people in the villages there, and staff was super a couple of years ago. If anyone knows of any interesting Cat. 4 hotels in Europe, I have to book them by 2/12/20, but can book for later in the year. I'll call Palazzo Naidi next week and report back.
There's a Renaissance in Tuscany that is Cat 4. Also kinda isolated but with a car you could drive to Florence or Siena.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Anyone stay at the Westin Excelsior in Rome? We're looking to go September 2021.

Funny that I'm asking in the MVC forum vs. over on the Bonvoy boards, but I think timeshare owners and TUGgers in in particular have a certain appreciation for space/upgrades/etc.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Anyone stay at the Westin Excelsior in Rome? We're looking to go September 2021.

Funny that I'm asking in the MVC forum vs. over on the Bonvoy boards, but I think timeshare owners and TUGgers in in particular have a certain appreciation for space/upgrades/etc.
I want to know as well as I just had to book this to replace Palazzo Naidi ☹
also booked Le Meridien Visconti....would love to hear opinions.

Grand Flora was of course not available.

edit: or should I just stay with Palazzo Naidi and keep my standard room with no breakfast?

Last edited:

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes. It was lovely. Got a corner suite. Booked a cooking class with Daniela.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a Renaissance in Tuscany that is Cat 4. Also kinda isolated but with a car you could drive to Florence or Siena.
Loved this place. Stayed twice. Flew into florence, out of Venice.

The closest local village is quaint. Loved driving up the hill to get to hotel. The pool is cold. Had to pretend it was Lake Michigan. Then I got my head around the temp and it was also lovely. Wonderful breakfasts.

Loved walking the local paths through the countryside. We walked to the village in the afternoon. Had dinner. Took cab back to hotel.

Did cooking class at la mezza luna. https://www.residencelamezzaluna.it/corsidicucinalocale-en.php

Took train to Pisa in morning. Went back to Lucca for lunch. Rented bikes in Lucca. Watch rick Steve’s for video on Lucca.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Loved this place. Stayed twice. Flew into florence, out of Venice.

The closest local village is quaint. Loved driving up the hill to get to hotel. The pool is cold. Had to pretend it was Lake Michigan. Then I got my head around the temp and it was also lovely. Wonderful breakfasts.

Loved walking the local paths through the countryside. We walked to the village in the afternoon. Had dinner. Took cab back to hotel.

Did cooking class at la mezza luna. https://www.residencelamezzaluna.it/corsidicucinalocale-en.php

Took train to Pisa in morning. Went back to Lucca for lunch. Rented bikes in Lucca. Watch rick Steve’s for video on Lucca.

Very cool, thanks for the info. Did you have/need a car there, or did you just use the public transportation?