• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

3rd party rentals?

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently i listed my Marriott villa for rent.. i am receiving a lot of interest in the rental . the problem i am running into is they are turning out to be "3rd party rentals". so my question is IF/WHEN YOU RENT, DO YOU DO 3RD PARTY RENTALS??
TIA

cds62

TUG Member
Reaction score
I rented both my Ocean Watch weeks to third party companies last year for the first time. Both contacted me from my listing on the internet and offered me what I was asking. The process was very easy and all I needed to do later on was add the tenants name to the reservation once the weeks were rented by the companies. I did research on both companies prior to renting to them.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, however, when i receive the emails for the rental, there is no mention of a "3rd party". When i email the rental agreement then it comes out that this is for their "sister"," niece", ETC.. Because my rental is for a PRIME week and only to cover the cost of my M/F, i am thinking these may be agents trolling for rentals so they can "up the price".

cds62

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the two companies I dealt with there was never a "niece" story. I knew upfront that they were a third party rental company and would be asking more for the week. Since they offered me what I was asking for the rental it worked out for me and I would rent to them again should the opportunity present itself.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I just received an email where they specified they had a client looking for two studios and they only had one. So I would not be comfortable with someone who is not upfront about their intentions.

Why are you only covering your MF on a prime week? Maybe be closer to the going rate would eliminate the tire kickers and those trying to profit off you.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
you are probably right GRAYFAL, however, it has been my experience that if i put it out there at a very good price it GOES. last year i listed 3 and they were gone in 5 hours. this is my FIRST experience with 3rd party rentals.if i can't use them, i just want my m/f's and rental ad covered.PLUS, on this particular rental, it makes me feel good that a FAMILY will get to enjoy "THE DISNEY EXPERIENCE" without having to mortgage the house.!!

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There are some reputable rental agencies that I do 3rd party rentals with, and they are great to work with and very professional.

But I don't do 3rd party rentals with amateurs - who often turn out to be free lancers doing 3rd party rentals for a profit.

If it's a family member, helping another family member I say, "Have Aunt Sally contact me, and I will work with both of you, so you can help her."

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's a family member, helping another family member I say, "Have Aunt Sally contact me, and I will work with both of you, so you can help her."

Do you find this runs them off?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
DENISE M, That is exactly what i did.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If it runs them off:

-They are nervous newbies that will be difficult to work with.

OR

-They are doing 3rd party rentals for a profit, and not disclosing that to you.

Either way - you don't want to rent to them.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it runs them off:

-They are nervous newbies that will be difficult to work with.

OR

-They are doing 3rd party rentals for a profit, and not disclosing that to you.

Either way - you don't want to rent to them.

That's what I was wondering. Good tactic.