• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

3 timeshares for free (2 orlando, 1 sth california)

iansinc61

Reaction score
Hi

I currently have 3 timeshare weeks I wish to dispose of for free - I am willing to pay title transfer fees to right person/persons and have 2013 week available for 2 of the 3 weeks(as yet unbanked).

(1) Sheraton Vistana resort Lake Buena Visata Orlando 2bedroom 2 bathroom sleeps 8 (Springs section fixed week 47 thanksgiving week sunday checkin) - Annual maintenance fees approx $792 (paid for 2013 - 2013 week banked with Dial An exchange Europe)

(2) Bluegreen Fountains resort South International Drive Orlando 2 bedroom 2 bathroom sleeps 8 (fixed week 28 Saturday checkin but week can be exchanged free of charge for another week at same resort) Annual maintenance fees approx $880 (2013 payment due 1st Feb and will be paid)

(3) San Clemente Inn (San Clemente, Near San Diego - beach resort) - 1 bedroom sleeps 4 -swing season which covers Dec, Jan & Feb - maintenance fees $695 (paid for 2013 - week reserved 52 for 2013 - sunday checkin.

As mentioned 2013 weeks have or will be paid and title transfer costs will also be paid - my financial circumstances have changed and it is prohibitive for me to holiday in States every year and pay flights plus maintenance fees for 2 bedroom apts when my family have grown up and dont holiday with my wife and I any more.

Regards Ian

Last edited:

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
(1) Sheraton Vistana resort Lake Buena Visata Orlando 2bedroom 2 bathroom sleeps 8 (Springs section fixed week 47 thanksgiving week sunday checkin)...Annual maintenance fees approx $792

Ian, these MF seem low- does your figure include taxes? I was thinking the annual taxes plus MF for a 2BR Vistana would be more like $1000-$1100/year?

H

iansinc61

Reaction score
MF's

Hi -The fees are as quoted - I dont pay ARDA but that is only $5 and I dont pay it because it is costing me enough paying 3 MF's - I thought Fountains was expensive at $880 for next year (but I was there this year and the apt is very high standard - just too big for 3 people really and I want to reduce my annual costs) Vistana is $792 and San Clemente is $695 but that is only 1 bedroom and has went up quite a lot as they have done a lot of work recently to resort/apts.

iansinc61

Reaction score
MF's

Hi - copied this from Starwood MF page 2013 fees

urrent Year Charges
Maintenance Fee(s) $ 742.08
Tax - If Applicable $ 50.16
Membership Fee - If Applicable $ 0.00
Other* $ 0.00
Interest $ 0.00
Late Fees $ 0.00
ARDA ROC PAC Contrib.** $ 0.00
Sub-Total
Current Year Charges $ 792.24

Ian

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Hi - copied this from Starwood MF page 2013 fees

urrent Year Charges
Maintenance Fee(s) $ 742.08
Tax - If Applicable $ 50.16
Membership Fee - If Applicable $ 0.00
Other* $ 0.00
Interest $ 0.00
Late Fees $ 0.00
ARDA ROC PAC Contrib.** $ 0.00
Sub-Total
Current Year Charges $ 792.24

Ian

Is this a lock off unit? Those MF are very reasonable.

H

iansinc61

Reaction score
Not Lockoff

Hi - They are not lockoff units - I have been to lockoff units in Tenerife - you can check the sites of each of the timeshares mentioned and you will see they are not lockoff units.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ian, these MF seem low- does your figure include taxes? I was thinking the annual taxes plus MF for a 2BR Vistana would be more like $1000-$1100/year?

H

I have a Springs unit and my Maint fee is also $790 something a year.

Titus101

Reaction score
Hi Ian,
I'm interested in your timeshares!
But I'm new to this, so now what do you do?
LOL!

Cheers,
Titus.

iansinc61

Reaction score
interested

Hi Titus

If bought at resort new at resort these timeshare weeks can cost $1000's of dollars but you have to bear in mind that annual fees have to be paid and that if you want to swap you need to go through an exchange company (but there are some reasonable ones out there e.g. Platinum Interchange which charges $129 per week for an exchange within USA)

The standard of apartment in Vistana and the Fountains is very high and the 2 bedroom units hold 8 people (including sofa bed in living area) - you will see examples of the units on their websites.

I no longer wish to retain 2 bedroom units as my children are grown up and wish to holiday elsewhere, therefore my wife and I just use them and a 2 bedroom unit is too large for 2 people Also flights from UK to USA make it very expensive overall to always use the weeks in USA every year and they are far superior in quality to most apartments in Europe.

If serious apparently there is someone on this site who can deal with title transfers and I can email them to see what is required. I will pay for transfer costs. The Sheraton week for 2013 has been banked with Platinum so would have to contact them to see if name could be transferred but Fountains and San Clemente weeks are available - Fountains is week 28 but can be changed for another week at same resort via telephoning resort. San Clemente is week 52 2013 (new year period) - that is week I reserved but again for other years it can be any week during December, January or February.

Let me know if you want any further info. and if you decide you wish to go further I can email the contact on this site and see what needs to be done. I havent transferred a week before myself but since there are deeds involved (timeshare weeks are like owning a slice of a property) I know legal title must be transferred properly for ownership to change hands.

Regards Ian

Titus101

Reaction score
Hi Ian,

Thanks for all the info!
I know just enough about the timeshare industry to be dangerous! haha...
I have recently bought a couple time shares (take over payments) on eBay.
It all sounds great, but will see how it works out!

I plan to have a few timeshares that I can let my clients use when I'm unable to,
so basically I'm looking for deals such as your!
If you would like to contact someone on here that specialize in transfers that would be fine with me!
You may PM me anytime if you need to talk about details!

Cheers,
Titus.

eddie

Reaction score
I am intersted in Fountains

do you know how many points it is, what trust and so forth..thanks!

I currently have 3 timeshare weeks I wish to dispose of for free - I am willing to pay title transfer fees to right person/persons and have 2013 week available for 2 of the 3 weeks(as yet unbanked).

(1) Sheraton Vistana resort Lake Buena Visata Orlando 2bedroom 2 bathroom sleeps 8 (Springs section fixed week 47 thanksgiving week sunday checkin) - Annual maintenance fees approx $792 (paid for 2013 - 2013 week banked with Dial An exchange Europe)

(2) Bluegreen Fountains resort South International Drive Orlando 2 bedroom 2 bathroom sleeps 8 (fixed week 28 Saturday checkin but week can be exchanged free of charge for another week at same resort) Annual maintenance fees approx $880 (2013 payment due 1st Feb and will be paid)

(3) San Clemente Inn (San Clemente, Near San Diego - beach resort) - 1 bedroom sleeps 4 -swing season which covers Dec, Jan & Feb - maintenance fees $695 (paid for 2013 - week reserved 52 for 2013 - sunday checkin.

As mentioned 2013 weeks have or will be paid and title transfer costs will also be paid - my financial circumstances have changed and it is prohibitive for me to holiday in States every year and pay flights plus maintenance fees for 2 bedroom apts when my family have grown up and dont holiday with my wife and I any more.

Regards Ian

Last edited by a moderator:

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some interest generated but no reply yet from Legal Timeshare Transfers to my email.

When did you send the email? They are usually very very quick! If you havent already, I would give them a call...they may be backlogged due to the holidays. I assure you these are great people to work with...and No I am not in any way affiliated with them, just one very happy customer:whoopie:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Some interest generated but no reply yet from Legal Timeshare Transfers to my email.

Give them a call and ask if they received your email, they may not have gotten it.

lcml11

Reaction score

Their website shows the following:

Attorney in Charge: Lorne H. Cragg, Esquire
PO Box 220
Clarkesville, GA 30523
706-754-0834
lhcragg@windstream.net

you can e-mail or call the attorney, maybe help will be forthcoming that way.