• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

3 bedroom Monarch Hilton Head

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I just lucked out . . . picked up a 3 bedroom Monarch unit on Hilton Head. I tried looking for a floor plan and can find none. The only thing I see listed are for 2 bedrooms. I remember someone saying there was a larger oceanfront penthouse suite at Monarch . . . could I be so lucky??? I've stayed at Monarch before and we love the small resort and closeness to the beach. Anyone have a 3 bedroom floor plan? Very excited one way or the other . . . love Hilton Head!

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Crowne Suite, unit 3855, is on the top floor of the Azalea Building. The unit has a nice master suite with a kingsize Bed, tub & shower, the second bedroom has two queen or full beds and a bathroom and the third bedroom has a Murphy bed and a bathroom. It has a full kitchen, dining room and living room. A full deck with a great view of the ocean.

A good exchange, what week did you get?

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have the week starting on the 14th of January. Not the warmest time on Hilton Head but we have been there many times in January and we love it because there are no crowds and it's a great time to ride bikes and not see people . . . not that we have anything against people, it's just fun to pretent we have the entire place to ourselves! We've been there in January when it has been in the 70's.

Is there only one, three bedroom unit in Monarh? I have never seen it show up in any past searches, that's one of the reasons I jumped on it.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is the only three bedroom unit at Monarch. I have only seen it show up in II one or two other times.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! That's great! I, too, love HHI in winter, and we've gone nearly every year for over a decade sometime in the late January to early March timeframe.

This year, headed to Barony the last week of February.

You'll have to come back and post pics of this rare unit! :)

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
wow super excited . . now all I have to do is figure out who wants to go with me on 2 weeks notice! I pounced when I saw it thinking a 3 bedroom is a rarity and hoping it was ocean front as I suspected. Could not ask DH and get him to agree in 18 minutes and I knew I had to find something by the end of January or I would lose our week. He's not to thrilled about driving 11 hours (and leaving our spoiled but cute pup behind - real reason) . . .hoping he will change his mind . . .one way or the other I'm going and thrilled! I'll take lots of pictures and post!

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will have to buy a one day Sea Pines pass to get to the Monarch, but they will give you a pass for the rest of the week.

You will enjoy the view! As you probably know the Monarch was the first Marriott on HHI, so it does not have an indoor pool like some of the others.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should take the puppy and board it in HH? Funtime

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
funtime . . . my aunt will be in a house rental with her 3 animals in Sea Pines and she offered to have our pooch come and stay. After driving two long days to Florida in Oct/Nov my hubby is just not ready for another long drive. I thought he would jump at that idea as he always says he wishes he could bring her to the beach.

On the bright side . . I extented an invite to my two brides maids of 30+ years ago and one of then said YES!! It's been many years since we have gotten together.

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This will be our fourth year in a row we'll be spending part of the winter in Hilton Head. We are spending a week at Ocean Watch in Myrtle Beach starting Jan 27th and then we have 3 weeks in Hilton Head starting Feb 3 at Barony Beach, Feb 10th at Grande Ocean and Feb 17th at Surf Watch. We haven't stayed at Monarch yet because it doesn't have an indoor pool but we have talked about possibly staying there in the future. I like the Sea Pines location. It's got the best bike trails.
Bernie

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bernie,

We too have stayed in all the Hilton Head ocean front resorts. We have gone every year since we became Marriott owners in another location. I LOVE Hilton Head . . if my roots were not so deep where I am now living, I would move there. About 5 years ago we stayed in Monarch. It is probably one of my favorite resorts if you are going as a couple. The units are not as large especially the second bedroom but it is quaint and it's the closest of all the resorts to the beach. As you pointed out . . .it's the best area for bike riding on trails. You should definitely give it a try :)

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will have to buy a one day Sea Pines pass to get to the Monarch, but they will give you a pass for the rest of the week.

You will enjoy the view! As you probably know the Monarch was the first Marriott on HHI, so it does not have an indoor pool like some of the others.

Maybe, I am wrong but the Marriott Monarch is located on Sea Pine Plantation and you do not need to purchase a Sea Pine pass for the week.

Have something change ?

Deej82

TUG Member
Reaction score
This $5 entry started a few years ago when Marriott closed the combined welcome center just before the main traffic circle on 278. Since you now check-in at the Monarch front desk and you can't get the weekly pass till then, you have to pay the first entry as a guest. Supposidly this "saved" a bunch of money.... although I noticed the other week when we were there that the old welcome center building still bears the MVCI logo so I'm not sure if they actually vacated. Enjoy!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Crown Suite is great. Almost the entire top floor. Nice large balcony overlooking the beach/ocean. At one time I owned a Crown Suite Fixed Week in August. Used it many years. Bought it resale via a RE Broker on HHI for $25K. Sold it using Marriott Resales (in the good old days) for $41K.

George