• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

24 (spoiler alert)

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just finished tonight's 2 hour part 1 of the premier. I enjoyed it overall, though a few things bugged me (as usual). Anyone want to discuss this? I don't want to add spoilers on the first post, so I'll wait to see if there are other TUGgers interested in discussing this now. Or we can wait until we're done with part 2 tomorrow.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why does there always have to be a whiney, annoying computer girl? Shesh.

Overall, I think it was a good one. Those two hours went by very fast.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Why does there always have to be a whiney, annoying computer girl? Shesh.

Overall, I think it was a good one. Those two hours went by very fast.

I agree - she did a very poor impression of Chloe . . . who should be back very soon :)

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chloe was in the previews for tonight. The new girl seemed to have an inferiority complex and a butt kissing attitude. It's the young computer guy, who thought he was too important to do what he was told unless actually ordered, that bugged me.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Every time I see Janeane Garofalo, I think "Air America" and it throws me out of the story:(

Otherwise, I really liked the opening and can't wait to see tonight's episodes!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
was that really garofalo? man she lost some weight! wonder if shes in the new years thread! =D

Ill add a spoiler title to this so we can start talking about details.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I enjoyed the start, just what I was looking for...some dozen different sub-plots that make all this fun!

Certainly better than the "redemption" gimmick last month!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I enjoyed the start, just what I was looking for...some dozen different sub-plots that make all this fun!

Certainly better than the "redemption" gimmick last month!

But without the last 10 minutes of Redemption, you might have missed the subplot w/ the President's son's suicide. Heck my husband watch Redemption and missed the storyline with the friend who came to him the day of the innauguration . . . and now he's killed himself? I'm sure the g/f is up to her wazzoo in it.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
was that really garofalo? man she lost some weight! wonder if shes in the new years thread! =D

Ill add a spoiler title to this so we can start talking about details.

Yep - they had her in the credits. I sure hope she is short-lived as I don't care much for her . . . at all.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yep - they had her in the credits. I sure hope she is short-lived as I don't care much for her . . . at all.

I like her alot on 24. She's very good in some movies, especially the MatchMaker. Of course I love Chloe and hope she'll be back regularly and not get killed off like Edgar.

Not sure how I feel about Tony "The Snarl" Almeida being back. Don't care much for Cherry "Chunky" Jones as Prez. They should have saved Jean Smart for that role instead of relegating her to play a First Lady (though she was brilliant in that part).

I wonder what the big surprise will be tonight. :wave:

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
But without the last 10 minutes of Redemption, you might have missed the subplot w/ the President's son's suicide. Heck my husband watch Redemption and missed the storyline with the friend who came to him the day of the innauguration . . . and now he's killed himself? I'm sure the g/f is up to her wazzoo in it.

I watched Redemption and I certainly must have missed the last 10 minutes about the son.

Andmilair

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tony Almeida deep undercover or Trader????

How many of you think that Tony Almeida may be deep undercover rather than a trader – afterall he did not shot at Jack.??

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it took me a few seconds to get that they were talking about the same son from the redemption gimmick.

Heck they could have just added 5min to this show to get people caught up and not even have done the redemption thing...lol.

ok...suicide...jon voight had him killed...i get it...didnt need 2 hours for that!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i think tony is going after the people that killed michelle (or who he thinks is responsible) just like jack would do.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i think tony is going after the people that killed michelle (or who he thinks is responsible) just like jack would do.

Here in this household we're split - - DH agrees with you Brian - - I'm not so sure, I think Tony's dirty. Is it really possible, even with Jack on the slow boat to China and then in Africa, to not know he was alive? I guess the next 23 hours will answer everything :)

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
West Coast Spoiler

WOW . . . WOW . . . WOW

(scroll down to read spoiler)

Go figure how deep undercover Tony is . . . with Bill Buchanan and Chloe!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
that was WAY awesome!

so liking how this season is playing out sofar!

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, you folks probably won't believe me but DH is a witness -- I actually told DH last night that I think Tony is deep undercover, that I think he got approached by the bad guys when he lived and was ripe for the picking with all the terrible things that had happened, and that he couldn't turn down the invitation because he saw it as an opportunity to bring down really bad folks!! DH turned to me during that "Deep Sky" scene and said "you were right!" :D

Of course I didn't get the details right, but it still feels good.

That was a very entertaining season premier. I'm looking forward to the show again. Okay, I have to go compost my nits post. Be back shortly. ;)

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are my nits, not in any particular order:

(1) Col. Dubaku - (a) How did he survive that grenade blast just a few feet from him? And not just survive, but look completely uninjured merely a few months later? No burn or shrapnel scars at least? (b) How the heck did this war criminal get into the country at a time like this?! Isn't it enough to show in each season how many traitors we have in America at all levels of the government and the general lameness of our security and law enforcement officers? (Okay, I realize this is a silly question; I'm sure he got smuggled in by those super well connected folks in the government. How does one find so many powerful traitors every few years?)

(2) So Chloe and Bill stole all that fancy high tech security equipment from the former CTU? Because if not, where the heck did two unemployed civil servants get/afford all that! (I say unemployed since they are apparently doing this full time. Which raises another question -- how can they afford to do this?)

(3) Jack flying off the handle within minutes of provocation by Tony. This is not a really a question, just a suggestion. Please, writers, does he have to always rush across the room and do that choke hold? Let him have some other means of expressing his anger management issues. I know that is considered his trademark move by now, but surprise me on occasion. He doesn't have to be THAT predicable, does he? At least wait until the third or fourth interrogation.

(4) Jack and Tony gets out of the FBI "perimeter". How lame was that perimeter? It ended at the darn attached garage?!!! (Remember that agent reported in saying they "got through the perimeter") Come on. Didn't Agent walker order a 5 block perimeter? When I asked this question DH said "the FBI must have hired all those former CTU agents who always let bad guys/gals through their perimeters." I think he is right.

ETA:

(5) I am bothered by how our entire country -- all of our infrastructure -- can be put at risk with a small portable computer part that is so easily assembled.

Last edited:

Gerie

Reaction score
I always wonder why any kind of law enforcement organization allows its women officers to wear shoes that click on floors. When Renee and Jack were trying to find the bad guys the other night, hopefully sneaking up on them, you kept hearing the click click of her heels. How suprprising can that be?

SNEAKers!