• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2023 ] Was told I can’t bank my Peacock Suites deeded week to RCI

ocvacations

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Peacock Suites
Hi there. we have owned a 1 bedroom floating deeded week at Peacock Suites w/SVC in Anaheim for 25 years. We always bank it w/RCI to exchange for other properties as we lived in the same city when we purchased it. Called yesterday to bank our 2023 week and was told we can’t as there’s no available weeks in the system so we are out of luck that’s my only option was to make a reservation with them this year. I’ve never experienced this issue and honestly don’t really understand the ins and outs of this process and so didn’t feel like I could make an informed argument. They said RCI is only accepting 10 one-bedroom units, i’m assuming they mean per week. We have never had this happen. ours has always been a high demand property which would give me about 50 RCI points in exchange. There are newer and nicer properties in the area now, and I’m wondering if there’s just not the demand for Peacock Suites anymore.

We were there last year and they continue to hard sell timeshares (as they have for 25+ years) telling people that they can bank their units to exchange elsewhere. We are not traveling to Anaheim this year and while we can attempt to sell it that is not our issue, we prefer to take the points where we can get more than one week at other resorts for our exchange value. I feel like such a newbie with this situation, can anyone help me understand the situation or what if any rights/options we have? It would seem to me they are over selling the units and RCI doesn’t want that many from this property anymore and now the owners are screwed who want to bank. I asked to talk to the manager at SVC yesterday as this wasn’t an acceptable answer for me and she said she was the manager and there was no one else I could talk to. I’m supposed to get a call back today as they said they would contact RCI to see if they would be releasing any more weeks. Any advice is appreciated!

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
This sounds like BS to me--and I'm pretty sure the rep you were talking to is just wrong. Were you talking to someone at RCI, or at Peacock Suties? (I suspect the latter).

Do you have a 2023 week reserved? If not, just book one that you think will have good trade power. You don't have to tell Peacock Suites what you are doing with it. Once you have it booked, go to RCI and initiate the deposit. You should be able to do that under Manage My Deposits. If I am right, the deposit will be confirmed, and everything will be fine. If not, then you can follow up and be the squeaky wheel.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We just own Shell points in the West Club, which includes Peacock Suites. I would call Shell, which is now a part of Wyndham. I would guess RCI is taking bulk bankings of weeks at Peacock Suites. Even if that is what is happening here, you should have a week assigned to you of that bulk deposit.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the OP does not own points but owns a floating week, they might be able deposit directly. That was true for us for our unconverted KBV weeks. We just had to reserve the week, and once we did we deposited it ourselves.

There are some systems that work the way you describe for floating weeks--I think Sheraton does? So maybe. Either way, it is worth trying.

Last edited:

ocvacations

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Peacock Suites
This sounds like BS to me--and I'm pretty sure the rep you were talking to is just wrong. Were you talking to someone at RCI, or at Peacock Suties? (I suspect the latter).

Do you have a 2023 week reserved? If not, just book one that you think will have good trade power. You don't have to tell Peacock Suites what you are doing with it. Once you have it booked, go to RCI and initiate the deposit. You should be able to do that under Manage My Deposits. If I am right, the deposit will be confirmed, and everything will be fine. If not, then you can follow up and be the squeaky wheel.

ocvacations

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Peacock Suites
Thank you so much for the advice everyone! Yes, the person who I was speaking with yesterday was at Shell not RCI. She did mention RCI taking bulk bankings but told me they were “full”. I do not have a week reserved yet with Peacock Suites as mine is floating. I will call back again (hoping to talk to a new person) and see if they can initiate the bank, otherwise it sounds like I should get a week reserved with them and then initiate the deposit through RCI? Have never done it this way so it’s all new to me, but this is super helpful! Thank you!

conelson

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the advice everyone! Yes, the person who I was speaking with yesterday was at Shell not RCI. She did mention RCI taking bulk bankings but told me they were “full”. I do not have a week reserved yet with Peacock Suites as mine is floating. I will call back again (hoping to talk to a new person) and see if they can initiate the bank, otherwise it sounds like I should get a week reserved with them and then initiate the deposit through RCI? Have never done it this way so it’s all new to me, but this is super helpful! Thank you!
Did you get a resolution to this with Peacock Suites/Shell/RCI? I just called to deposit my 2023 Peacock Suites floating week with RCI (through Shell), and they told me the same thing - no availability.

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get a resolution to this with Peacock Suites/Shell/RCI? I just called to deposit my 2023 Peacock Suites floating week with RCI (through Shell), and they told me the same thing - no availability.
how do you use your week then? When do you reserved your week to use at Peacock suites. I would try to do that first.
Confused
Daniel

ocvacations

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Peacock Suites
It was resolved easily, as another poster suggested I just called back and talked to another agent who easily banked it for points. I told her the previous agent said there were no weeks available for it to be banked to and she was completely confused as to why the agent claimed that and said that’s never the case. Just try back again and talk to someone else, you probably talked to the same agent I did, who has no idea what she’s doing.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It was resolved easily, as another poster suggested I just called back and talked to another agent who easily banked it for points. I told her the previous agent said there were no weeks available for it to be banked to and she was completely confused as to why the agent claimed that and said that’s never the case. Just try back again and talk to someone else, you probably talked to the same agent I did, who has no idea what she’s doing.
I am sorry to say that a lot of Shell agents are clueless.

conelson

Reaction score
I did call back and talk to another agent who told me the same thing (no availability). I’m on Weeks not Points in case that matters. Anyway, very frustrating.

River100

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Peacock Suites
Having the same issue this year. Have owned a deeded floating week in 2 bedroom for 20+ years,never had any issues depositing into RCI. Have spoken to Shell 3 times, same story, no inventory left. Very fishy. When I speak to RCI they say there isn't any reason why I couldn't deposit. What has changed?

River100

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Peacock Suites
I own a 2 bedroom floating week as a deeded owner with Peacock Suites in Anaheim CA.
It is a Shell Property.
I have owned for approximately 25yrs.
I almost always deposit my week into RCI.
For some reason I cannot self deposit and have to request Shell to do that, never an issue until this year. I paid maintenance in Dec for 2023 and asked for RCI deposit and was told RCI was not taking any more 2bdrm! Talked to RCI and was told multiple times they should be able to receive my deposit.
Shell said I could try another exchange company so I signed up for Interval. Shell denied request for deposit.

I don't know what to do at this point, I've never had a problem with depositing my week.
My only option i can see would be to use my week at Peacock which we are not really interested in doing. Apparently I can trade my unit into Wyndham points for a fee,again never had a reason to do that either.
Any idea why Shell is keeping me from using my timeshare in an exchange company like in the past?
Are they trying to force me into giving it up somehow?
I've called 3 times and same response,
Any help or insight would be appreciated,

Hblovers

Reaction score
We are in the exact same situation as OCvacations and River100. We spoke with supervisors at Shell at least 4 times, getting the same story as previous posters are describing. Also spoke with supervisors at RCI who indicated that this was Shell’s policy, not theirs. We physically went to meet with owner services at Peacock Suites and they fed us a story about how most SVC members had converted to Wyndham Club when Wyndham purchased Shell. They told us the only way we could continue to bank our week was to join Wyndham Club, to the tune of thousands of dollars. We are beyond frustrated and angry and are ready to walk away from it all. Why continue to pay maintenance fees and not have the benefit of exchanging? We never use our week at Peacock Suites, as it is in our home town. If OCVacations could please clarify who they called to finally get their week banked we would appreciate that information.

Hblovers

Reaction score
I own a 2 bedroom floating week as a deeded owner with Peacock Suites in Anaheim CA.
It is a Shell Property.
I have owned for approximately 25yrs.
I almost always deposit my week into RCI.
For some reason I cannot self deposit and have to request Shell to do that, never an issue until this year. I paid maintenance in Dec for 2023 and asked for RCI deposit and was told RCI was not taking any more 2bdrm! Talked to RCI and was told multiple times they should be able to receive my deposit.
Shell said I could try another exchange company so I signed up for Interval. Shell denied request for deposit.

I don't know what to do at this point, I've never had a problem with depositing my week.
My only option i can see would be to use my week at Peacock which we are not really interested in doing. Apparently I can trade my unit into Wyndham points for a fee,again never had a reason to do that either.
Any idea why Shell is keeping me from using my timeshare in an exchange company like in the past?
Are they trying to force me into giving it up somehow?
I've called 3 times and same response,
Any help or insight would be appreciated,
We’re you able to get resolution to your problem?

Hblovers

Reaction score
Who did you call back? Shell? Or RCI?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Probably called Shell and not RCI. Shell would be the correct phone call to make.

psowner

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Peacock Suites Anaheim/Shell Vacation Club
Were you able to get this resolved? I have called twice in Jan, March, May and now JUNE and to deposit by 2024 Peacock Suites they are STILL saying they have no inventory. A case was "opened" in March and still no solution.

psowner

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you have the same problem for 2024? I have been trying to deposit my 2024 week at the Peacock. I paid my maintenance fees early. I have called twice in Jan, March, May and now JUNE 2024 and each time they just say there is no inventory. A "case" was opened in March and still no solution. I was told yesterday "well what do you think is a reasonable solution to this problem if we have no inventory?" I told them a "reasonable solution" is to honor their contract. I paid my maintenance fees - therefore I am entitled by contract to a week at the Peacock. So a "reasonable solution" is for them to honor their contract. I told them if they have given away all their inventory for 2024 then I should get a week in 2025. She said they can't do that.

psowner

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did call back and talk to another agent who told me the same thing (no availability). I’m on Weeks not Points in case that matters. Anyway, very frustrating.
Did you ever get this resolved? Are you having the same issue in 2024? I am also on Weeks. I paid my maintenance fees for 2024 early. I have tried to bank my week at the Peacock for 2024 by calling 2 times in Jan, 2 times in March, 2 times in May, and now several times in June and same response: there is no inventory available. A "case" was opened in March - still no solution. I was told yesterday "what would you consider a acceptable solution to this issue if there is no inventory?" I told them an acceptable solution is for them to honor their contract. I paid my maintenance fees and am entitled to a week at the Peacock.

psowner

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are in the exact same situation as OCvacations and River100. We spoke with supervisors at Shell at least 4 times, getting the same story as previous posters are describing. Also spoke with supervisors at RCI who indicated that this was Shell’s policy, not theirs. We physically went to meet with owner services at Peacock Suites and they fed us a story about how most SVC members had converted to Wyndham Club when Wyndham purchased Shell. They told us the only way we could continue to bank our week was to join Wyndham Club, to the tune of thousands of dollars. We are beyond frustrated and angry and are ready to walk away from it all. Why continue to pay maintenance fees and not have the benefit of exchanging? We never use our week at Peacock Suites, as it is in our home town. If OCVacations could please clarify who they called to finally get their week banked we would appreciate that information.
Were you able to find a solution to this problem? I am having the same problem in 2024. I paid my maintenance fees early. I have called twice in Jan, twice in March, twice in May and now several times in June and same answer each time: there is no available inventory. I read back to them the letter Wyndham sent out to Shell members when they bought Shell.

It states:
"Although this is an evolution for Shell Vacations Club, the opportunity to become a Club Wyndham owner is completely voluntary. Shell Vacations Club will remain intact and member benefits are not being reduced or eliminated.

Will members who maintain their Shell Vacations Club membership(s) still have access to the same resorts and benefits within Shell Vacations Club?
Yes, members will still have access to all of the wonderful benefits and resorts Shell Vacations Club has to offer, even if they do not choose to enroll into Club Wyndham."

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your week is deeded and not in points? You should be able to get a reservation and deposit it with RCI. Call Shell directly. That should work for you.

psowner

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your week is deeded and not in points? You should be able to get a reservation and deposit it with RCI. Call Shell directly. That should work for you.
I have been calling Shell directly. Shell deeded Owners Resolution Team. Since January. Each time they say there is no inventory.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I also own a resort managed by Shell. I reserve my floating week 11 months before I want a check in. Prepay my next years MF ( just a guessament) . Then directly deposit the week. In my case Interval (although >90 % of the owners use RCI).