• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2023 MF's Discussion Thread

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your information.

When I added up all of the various fees including $230 for club dues the number tied out.

What do club dues pay for?
MVC’s FAQs give some examples of what they pay for
“Q. What are Club Dues?
A. “Club Dues” (sometimes referred to as Exchange Company Dues) refers to the consolidated annual fee payable by both Enrolled Owners and Points Owners for their membership (or enrollment) in the Marriott Vacation Club DestinationsTM Exchange Program. For Enrolled Owners, payment of Club Dues ensures your continued enrollment in the Marriott Vacation Club DestinationsTM Exchange Program for the following year. This annual fee replaces many of the a la carte fees otherwise payable for various reservation and usage options such as locking off, membership with Interval International® and trading for Marriott Bonvoy® points.”

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
I see a potential big mess coming with the Club dues billing, particularly for some dual owners (or maybe just me :p). They billed trust owners for the dues before they have finished syncing up recognition levels based upon combined Vistana and Marriott Abound points/Vistana elite level mapping. In my case I should be Select on combined points and Executive on Vistana 3* mapping but my MVC account remains at Owner and they billed me the $230 Owner fee.

So what will happen when they eventually raise me up where it should be? Also we dual owners are only supposed to be paying one Club dues across both programs but they've already billed me the wrong amount in one program. How will this coordinate with Vistana when they bill owners, especially since Vistana will likely bill me $270 instead as a 3* there since they aren't recognizing my combined ownership? Madness could be ahead!

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you all for your information.

When I added up all of the various fees including $230 for club dues the number tied out.

What do club dues pay for?
Every Abound member pays a Club Fee. The reason is is best to not calculate it for the purpose of these threads is because it is different based on your ownership level and it impacts the price per point depending on how many points you own. What the fee is actually for is to help Marriott's profits. It is simply a membership fee.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Although we have some of our MVC Resort Week(s) MFs posted now on the Owner website - Grand Chateau and St Kitts, the corresponding Statements and Budgets Package Inserts have not been added yet.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Although we have some of our MVC Resort Week(s) MFs posted now on the Owner website - Grand Chateau and St Kitts, the corresponding Statements and Budgets Package Inserts have not been added yet.
For those of us who are only Exchange Members (don't own Trust Points) the Club Dues invoices are also NOT posted yet.

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
Every Abound member pays a Club Fee. The reason is is best to not calculate it for the purpose of these threads is because it is different based on your ownership level and it impacts the price per point depending on how many points you own. What the fee is actually for is to help Marriott's profits. It is simply a membership fee.
Silly me. I thought the $45,000 I spent to be in the MVC was my membership fee.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Trust Points increased from .622 to .684, including property tax. This is an increase of 9.9%, with a 5.4% increase in my chairman club dues. The proposed budget for Mountainside included an 11+% increase. I think it is time for Owner boards to start looking for areas to cut expenses. Activity fees have increased more than inflation in all of my resorts and I don't use most of them. These can easily be reduced and should be self funding. Why should owners be paying for free booze for mostly non-owners. Oceana Palms has exhorbitant activity costs. These reductions would also lower HR and management overhead costs.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
2023 Property Tax Fee: $0.00592
2023 Operating Fee: $0.678

Total: $0.68392

This is pretty much equivalent to the going rental price of points which, unfortunately, implies that MVC has driven the intrinsic value of their points product to near-zero.

Anyone who can rent points, and is minimally informed, has very little incentive to buy more (even on the resale market).

This is fixable if they start ROFRing prime weeks with high Points/MF ratios, but they are unlikely to do that because the profit margins on those weeks are much lower. This is how we got here to begin with - they ROFR 2000 points weeks with high Fs for near-nothing, and resell those as points for $30K+

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
This is about 6 cents higher than 2022's MF of $0.62796.

About a 10% increase. Makes sense due to inflation. I do not see MFs posted in my account.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We were told at a presentation on Tuesday that there was no increase in Trust Point maintenance fees in 2021 or 2022 and there would be no increase in 2023. That along with a few other whoppers...

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
We were told at a presentation on Tuesday that there was no increase in Trust Point maintenance fees in 2021 or 2022 and there would be no increase in 2023. That along with a few other whoppers...
I was told that same garbage at our last one in Hilton Head.

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
Today I received an email saying MF etc posted to website so I went there and nothing at all is posted, a blank page !

A few days ago I looked and DC points MF were posted in the normal style so I guess IT strikes again.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I received an email saying MF etc posted to website so I went there and nothing at all is posted, a blank page !

A few days ago I looked and DC points MF were posted in the normal style so I guess IT strikes again.
Yes, the link from the email gives you a blank page. You can get there through the lower right hand link for maintenance fees and dues.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
Club Dues is a saver for enrolled owners. I have a 3 bedroom in my II account and one enrolled. In my II account $99 lock-off fee, $219 time 2 exchange fee, $89 times 2 ePlus (re-trade. I take out for every exchanged week at exchange time because it allows 3 re-trades) and finally II membership of $99….. totals $814. Club dues $230. I would pay a one time $1000 to have my II account folded into my enrolled account with no exchange for points benefit on the non enrolled weeks. I personally would do it if with that $1000 I would lose the enrolled status of my MGC and just get the trading benefit for all my weeks.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Club Dues is a saver for enrolled owners. I have a 3 bedroom in my II account and one enrolled. In my II account $99 lock-off fee, $219 time 2 exchange fee, $89 times 2 ePlus (re-trade. I take out for every exchanged week at exchange time because it allows 3 re-trades) and finally II membership of $99….. totals $814. Club dues $230. I would pay a one time $1000 to have my II account folded into my enrolled account with no exchange for points benefit on the non enrolled weeks. I personally would do it if with that $1000 I would lose the enrolled status of my MGC and just get the trading benefit for all my weeks.
I agree. The Club Fee is much better than paying those a la cart transaction fees. Only one correction to your numbers. The Marriott to Marriott exchange fee is only $164 and you still have to pay the fee for EPlus if you want it, but I guess that kind of goes away if you trade Marriott to Marriott anyway as those retrades are $0. Marriott currently charges tens of thousands to people to buy points in order to enroll otherwise ineligible post 6/20/2010 weeks. I am sure many would jump at paying $1000 to do the same.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree. The Club Fee is much better than paying those a la cart transaction fees. Only one correction to your numbers. The Marriott to Marriott exchange fee is only $164 and you still have to pay the fee for EPlus if you want it, but I guess that kind of goes away if you trade Marriott to Marriott anyway as those retrades are $0. Marriott currently charges tens of thousands to people to buy points in order to enroll otherwise ineligible post 6/20/2010 weeks. I am sure many would jump at paying $1000 to do the same.

Here is current fee list. ePlus is only required for Marriott to no Marriott. You do not need it to retrade from Marriott to a Marriott
19612769-E1C1-4EFF-BA8F-C4ED14789013.png

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is current fee list. ePlus is only required for Marriott to no Marriott. You do not need it to retrade from Marriott to a Marriott.
For unenrolled weeks, there is a $55 discount from the exchange fee when trading Marriott to Marriott or Marriott to Vistana.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For unenrolled weeks, there is a $55 discount from the exchange fee when trading Marriott to Marriott or Marriott to Vistana.

everything is so automatic to me, I never paid attention. Looked at charge card and you are 100% correct, it is 164. So 814 - 110 -230= 474 savings for the cost of the club dues.

Last edited:

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on Lakeshore. They are so slow

[Moderator Note: Moved from MF's sticky thread.] <-- SueDonJ

Last edited by a moderator:

RManochio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
MVC DSII
Purchased a bundle that closed summer 2022, so this is my first year paying maintenance fees. Got the property tax bill for Desert Springs II. I see my points maintenance fees for 2023 on the MVC site. But still shows $0 for the week. Any ideas when they usually post?

[Moderator Note: Threads merged.] <-- SueDonJ

Last edited by a moderator:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Purchased a bundle that closed summer 2022, so this is my first year paying maintenance fees. Got the property tax bill for Desert Springs II. I see my points maintenance fees for 2023 on the MVC site. But still shows $0 for the week. Any ideas when they usually post?

The TUG MF's sticky threads are archived/linked in the Weeks FAQ sticky. For what it's worth last year the first post with DSVII MF's was dated 11/3/21 and the first post with DSVI MF's was dated 11/20/21, and for this year the DSVI MF's were just posted last night in the current MF's sticky thread.

Last edited:

michael49

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club, Waiohai Beach Club, Desert Springs II, Manor Club (Original Section), DC points

[Moderator Note: Threads merged.] <-- SueDonJ
If I remember correctly, DS II maintenance fees will post later this month or early December. Make sure that you pay the separate property tax bill that comes directly from Riverside County. We have already paid our property tax bill as it arrived late last month.