• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2022 Hyatt Maintenance Fees

cafeirene

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
2022 for a 1 Bdrm Unit at Highlands Inn, Carmel Highlands.

Property name: Hyatt Highlands Inn, Carmel: HYI, labeling it as the statement does:
Unit size: 1 Bdrm Premier

2022 Maintenance Fee $ 1343.83
2022 Replacement Reserves $ 394.64
2022 Property Taxes $ 278.54
2022 Club Dues $ 157.00
Assessment $0
Arda contribution $5.00
2022 Total $2179.01

About a 7% increase over 2021

note invoice dated November 18, arrived yesterday, December 17. No postmark.
Delinquency Date 17 January 2022

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
Why aren't people including percentage increase from year before?

drbachrach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do maintenance fees vary by unit within a resort? In other words, could the fees for 2 bedroom units that are next to each other, be different? If so, why is there a variance? And how much is that variance, generally?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Do maintenance fees vary by unit within a resort? In other words, could the fees for 2 bedroom units that are next to each other, be different? If so, why is there a variance? And how much is that variance, generally?

No variance between units, but there may be variance between weeks, due to property taxes.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
No variance between units, but there may be variance between weeks, due to property taxes.
Also between units in certain counties in CA where property tax is billed separately by the county based on valuation -- typically derived from the sales cost.

For non-Welk Hyatt properties, this could impact Highlands and Northstar though I don't own in those counties.

-ryan

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
Hyatt is ONLY selling the points program now. You pay per point instead of owning a deed and paying as such. The points program is an insanely horrible deal as you will spend tens of thousands of dollars and will have ZERO resale value. Look up the threads here on TUG in this forum,

If somehow you have signed, look up instructions in this forum to rescind here on Tug while you can. You will get consistent advice on that if you look it up. And you have a very short window to do it.

If you are interested in Hyatt, you can buy a resale deeded unit on the open market for FAR less and have something of value.
Whats the threshold for ROFR?

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Whats the threshold for ROFR?

"Depends."

Seriously, it depends on how desirable Marriott thinks the unit is. I suspect they're going to start snapping up Sunset Harbor units in order to quell the rebellion there. Any ski week will be ROFRed if it passes whatever threshold Marriot has in place. A bronze Coconut Plantation week? Not so much.

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
"Depends."

Seriously, it depends on how desirable Marriott thinks the unit is. I suspect they're going to start snapping up Sunset Harbor units in order to quell the rebellion there. Any ski week will be ROFRed if it passes whatever threshold Marriot has in place. A bronze Coconut Plantation week? Not so much.

If someone wants to gift one, they can’t get involved though right?

I have a friend with 6 fractionated ownership weeks at one of the desirable lodges. If he decides he can’t use them all, he may spin one or two off to me.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
If someone wants to gift one, they can’t get involved though right?

I have a friend with 6 fractionated ownership weeks at one of the desirable lodges. If he decides he can’t use them all, he may spin one or two off to me.

That answer is above my pay grade. When I worked for Hyatt, they didn't tell us their ROFR policies. And now that Hyatt no longer runs HRC, who knows?

If it were me, I'd try to structure the deal that it looked expensive on paper -- that way if ROFR is exercised, at least your friend does well.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Property name: Hyatt Beach House
Unit size: 2br

2023 Maintenance fee: $1,025.04
2023 Reserves: $384.09
2023 Property taxes: $30.95
2023 Club dues: $157.00