• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2020 ] Has anyone used the Indy Pass for the Eastern resorts?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the pass? It seems to be worth it, we would use it at 3-4 resorts per year. Any thoughts?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Does look like a good deal, but I haven't. I was going to buy a Massanutten annual pass this year, but the COVID-19 situation has me a bit timid.

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village, Sweetwater at Kauai, Club La Costa
It looks good if you plan on skiing weekends at different resorts. I’ve skied a few of the resorts listed (Bolton Valley, Jay Pk, Catamount). They’re smaller resorts with less amenities. Geographically they’re scattered throughout New England and the Mid Atlantic.

Last edited:

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am planning to buy this pass as well. Massanutten and Bryce or nearby. Plus a couple others in PA. Using it just 3 days will make it worthwhile.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Bump. Having learned to ski better, I am thinking of getting the Indy Pass for the 2023-24 season.

Below are some resorts that participate on the East Coast and Mid-Atlantic I am aware of that also have timeshares.

Massanutten (VA)
Bryce (VA)
Greek Peak (NY) [will be much harder to book a timeshare stay than the two above]
Berkshires (MA)
Canaan (WV)

Anyone know of other Indy Pass ski areas that have timeshares available on the East Coast (no further than 30 minutes away)? Things in VT, NY, and NH would be most interesting to me. I looked and do not beleive there are any of the Indy Pass ski areas that close to timeshares in PA.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Heaven knows I'm not a skier...but I took a look at my region for you. There are lots of places close to some of those resorts. Only a couple that are "onsite" though.

Saddleback--Rangeley Lakes Resort. It is more rustic than many places, but has individual cabins, which is kind of nifty. I'm staying there for the first time this summer. Google maps says 7 miles between Saddleback and the resort.

Black Mountain in Jackson, NH would be close-ish to both the Attitash resorts in Bartlett and anything in North Conway. (10 miles or so)

Waterville Valley--this would be my pick. There are 3 timeshares in Waterville Valley. Inns of Waterville Valley will likely be the easiest to get in. I stayed there last Feb break, and it was fine. Old, but truly fine. The ski resort runs a shuttle that comes down to get you...you wouldn't have to use a car. WV is like a whole little village. Loved it here!

Cannon in Franconia, NH has a reputation as being more for the expert. However, there is Mittersill resort pretty much at its base. I've never stayed there, and it's likely for someone who isn't looking for much out of the resort...more a place to hang one's hat. Lincoln wouldn't be far down Rt 93, though...and there are several timeshares there.

Bolton Valley in VT has a timeshare as well. Bolton Lodge, I think, or maybe The Lodge at Bolton Valley.

New England places tend to be in a league of their own. They are older, and more about the location than the "extras." No lazy rivers here. :) They'd freeze up anyhow.

Enjoy picking a new place or two to discover!

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’ve skied and stayed at Bolton Valley and Cannon/Mittersil. I’d recommend Bolton Valley over Mittersil. Both are walking distance to the lifts but the Mittersil side of Cannon is mostly expert runs. The TS at Bolton Valley is in the hotel, we had a 2 BR/ 3 bath that slept 8. It was pretty new at the time (8-9 yrs ago). The mountain has a nice mix of terrain, including some nice glades runs. The TS at Mittersil is one of the oddest I’ve ever stayed in. It was 1 BR/ 2 bath that slept 6. There was a room with a pullout couch, bar (unstocked unfortunately) and a pool table. The bedroom was up a flight of stairs that was 2 stories above the first, strange place.
The Berkshire areas, Catamount and Berkshire East, aren’t close to the TS’s. Catamount’s closest to Wind in the Pines in Great Barrington. It’s a nice area, but small. I’ve skied it many times. Berkshire East is a hike from any of the TS’s in Hancock, Lenox or Lee. Think 30-45 minutes at a minimum.
You might want to look into an Epic Pass. I bought a 5 day any area in the East for $320.00. Checked into Village Green at Stowe today. Going to ski Mon-Fri, $64/day. Other mountains with TS’s are Hunter Mt, Mt Snow and Attitash.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You might want to look into an Epic Pass. I bought a 5 day any area in the East for $320.00. Checked into Village Green at Stowe today. Going to ski Mon-Fri, $64/day. Other mountains with TS’s are Hunter Mt, Mt Snow and Attitash.

@JeffC Thank you very much for the quite helpful and informative reply!

I think there is a lot of truth in your advice I quoted immediately above. If I was either retired in skiing shape OR if my work was not tied to a physical place, I would absolutely take that advice. Especially considering the value of an EPIC pass where I could use my HGVC points in Breckinridge and Park City.

However, in the area where I am immediately located and will ski weekends, I do not think I would be very happy with EPIC. I may try it one year, but I am probably going to give the Indy pass a go first. I also have certain winter travel around the holidays that is locked in for a few more years — my in-laws live in proximity to a couple of decent ski resorts affiliated with the Indy pass.

Last edited:

JeffC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agree 100%. I’m retired and still in decent skiing shape. Nothing like the “every day is Saturday” mentality. The problem with weekend only skiing and TS’s is it limits you to points systems. I owned a seasonal business and always had the winters off, I took advantage of a lot of reduced TPU last minute trades, especially in the Berkshires. If we got a good run of snow I’d book an exchange for 4-6 TPU’s and ski 3-4 days then head home. We’d usually hit Jiminy Peak, Butternut and Catamount. Mid week lift tix were in the $30/day price range except Jiminy, more like $70.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I took advantage of a lot of reduced TPU last minute trades, especially in the Berkshires. If we got a good run of snow I’d book an exchange for 4-6 TPU’s and ski 3-4 days then head home. We’d usually hit Jiminy Peak, Butternut and Catamount. Mid week lift tix were in the $30/day price range except Jiminy, more like $70.

That is sort of where I am in the Mid-Atlantic area with Massanutten and potentially some other options as well.

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
We are from Michigan and have bought the Indy Pass for a few years to combine local skiing and East/West trips.

Last February we went to VT/NH:
Stayed first at In seasons at Pollard Brook ( RCI), skied Waterville Valley and Canaan Mountain
Next stayed at Smugglers Notch (Whyndam/RCI) and skied Jay Peak and Bolton Valley.

Jay Peak and Waterville were our favorites on that trip.

2 years ago we went to Idaho, and skied 49 Degrees North and Silver Mountain first (staying in AirBNBs) then stayed at WorldMark McCall and skied Brundage and Tamarack. All of these had great snow, uncrowded, and a wide variety of terrain.

Indy Pass, RCI, Wyndham, and Worldmark create a lot of options.