• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2020] Canyon Villas COVID pool policy?

snackyx

Reaction score
I am planning on heading to MCV in a couple weeks but saw that you now need reservations for the pool and the time may be limited? Anyone have any info on this policy and exactly how it works? July is Arizona without use of a pool is a no-go for me.

sandcfort

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVCI Points
I am planning on heading to MCV in a couple weeks but saw that you now need reservations for the pool and the time may be limited? Anyone have any info on this policy and exactly how it works? July is Arizona without use of a pool is a no-go for me.
JW Marriott 2020 Pool Restriction dates are: Mar 14-15, 21-22, Apr 11-12, May 22-24, June 25-27, July 3-5, Aug 5-8, Sept 4-6. No JW Marriott Restaurants/Pool access on Sep 20-25.

Villa Common Areas, Main Pool Renovation & New Sales Building Construction June 3, 2019-May 31, 2020 8am to 6pm daily. Construction noise and partial parking closures possible.

Please note, the use of the pool(s) at the JW Desert Ridge Resort & Spa are subject to seasonal availability and/or blackout dates. Fees may apply, inquire at check-in.

The Main pool complex will be closed for renovation January 2-31, 2020. Access to Lizard Lagoon & Spa pool available during this time. All efforts will be made to minimize noise. Please contact the Front Desk with any questions 480-629-3200.

snackyx

Reaction score
Thanks, but I think that info is out-of-date. My question is about reservation required for the Canyon Villas pool. Here is the latest I have found:

The Main Pool and pool deck are open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and reservations are required. The Spa Pool and Lizard Lagoon are open daily from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. with limited seating.

The Fitness Center is open daily from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. and reservations are required.

The JW Marriott at Desert Ridge remains closed, which also includes the Wildfire Golf Club

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
We were just there June 5-12. You can make a reservation only the day before for 1 of 3 time slots. They clean only during the 30 minutes between schedulEd time slots. The pool closes at 6 pm.
We found scheduling our vacation problematic. But being turned away from the pool do to capacity was more unpleasant.

Staff at the resort is very limited. No available food on site.

Still glad we went but it was not the vacation we planned. If you go you need to go knowing your pool time slot will be limited to 2.5 hours a day. only the main pool was open when we went and the resort was 80 % full.

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
While Chlorine may be an effective disinfectant, I am sure social distancing can be a problem....especially when it's July in Arizona-although I am not sure that, even with SPF 50, most people can spend much time out in the sun/pool.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We were there at the end of May and they didn’t have the need for reservations and time limits, but that would have worked for us. The pool closed at 6pm then too. Of course, they weren’t even at 50% occupancy in May. The staff did a good job of sanitizing the lounge chairs, so we didn’t have any concerns about that. And social distancing was easy. That will require more focus with a significant increase in occupancy.

Best regards.

Mike

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
With all three pools open I believe the experience will be much better.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
But wait.... Is the singer/entertainer Marshall Pioneer Pepper still performing (Monday nights?) ?? He is always one of the highlights of our trip.

Some other highlights: reconnecting with Susan Tam (management), Scott (front desk), Joel (activities), Julio (front desk), Jean (activities) and numerous others who make us feel like we're all family. It is one of our annual "go to" places.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marshall Pioneer Pepper is now performing Thursday nights.

Attachments

• 5871F7C1-C3AC-4655-842D-B4E6A294D2DF.jpeg
    5871F7C1-C3AC-4655-842D-B4E6A294D2DF.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 21

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
@HudsHut - - thanks for this posting. His act is a little corny at times but I suppose that is the reason why we always enjoy the show. I'm glad that they brought it back. Are they also selling the cowboy dinner (pulled pork, beans, corn on the cob, etc.) ??