• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2019 ] anyone has stopped paying maintenance fees, what happened ?

Kenil Place

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fox Run Townhouses, Lake Lure NC
I stopped paying Wyndham MFs in July 2023 on a TS mortgage that's been fully paid for decades. I bought it in 1983 and haven't used it in years. The robo calls are coming in daily which I let go unanswered. So far I received 1 letter requesting payment on a Wyndham letterhead but the fine print on the bottom said it was from a collection agency.

Do you think there's any advantage of me sending a certified letter stating requesting to deed back my TS? I wrote once before to my home resort about that and didn't get the courtesy of a reply. Wyndham says they "play nice" with my home resort, but don't own it , so why do the calls and letter come from Wyndham? I'm confused and would appreciate some guidance, please!

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I stopped paying Wyndham MFs in July 2023 on a TS mortgage that's been fully paid for decades. I bought it in 1983 and haven't used it in years. The robo calls are coming in daily which I let go unanswered. So far I received 1 letter requesting payment on a Wyndham letterhead but the fine print on the bottom said it was from a collection agency.

Do you think there's any advantage of me sending a certified letter stating requesting to deed back my TS? I wrote once before to my home resort about that and didn't get the courtesy of a reply. Wyndham says they "play nice" with my home resort, but don't own it , so why do the calls and letter come from Wyndham? I'm confused and would appreciate some guidance, please!
Why not just use Wyndham’s Certified Exit Program? You’d likely have to pay your maintenance fees and stay current for a few months, but Wyndham will take it back.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Have you previously attempted to give it away yourself?

It seems that it would be easier trying to legally unload it for free rather than waiting (or wondering) about foreclosure. The "confusion" issue would be essentially eliminated.

TUG does have a Forum where you can post free timeshares and have them taken off your hands for good. Think about utilizing it for your benefit.

Best of luck!

jasavak

TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2012 , i stopped paying the MF on two ts. They were both paid off
Westgate Orlando huffed and puffed for a few months and finally one day they asked if i would sign the deed back
The papers arrived and i was free.

i purchased it from Westgate

The second one i bought off Ebay. Grandview Vegas told me i couldnt give it back. They also made many mistakes and obsticles that kept me from converting it into points. Since this was the main reason i bought it, i was really dispointed with it
They sent me threats and called many times . The economy was so bad in 2012, that made it difficult to give away. They placed it on my credit and when i was buying a car a few years later, they called it a foreclosure

Kenil Place

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why not just use Wyndham’s Certified Exit Program? You’d likely have to pay your maintenance fees and stay current for a few months, but Wyndham will take it back.
I tried that; Wyndham will not take it back and will not take a deed back.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I tried that; Wyndham will not take it back and will not take a deed back.
I understand that Wyndham doesn't own or manage all the units at Fox Run. Is your week associated with Wyndham or is it with VRI?

Kenil Place

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I understand that Wyndham doesn't own or manage all the units at Fox Run. Is your week associated with Wyndham or is it with VRI?
I'm not sure now...when I spoke to the Fox Run resort last year, they told me Wyndham...that's who is sending me letters of what I owe so I presume it's them. Wyndham will not take a deed back on this unit. It's not in a prime vacation mecca, although the area is gorgeous.