• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] Help, I feel like I’ve been scammed by westgate.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
This is a particular state of grace because:
  • Westgate Leisure Resort is grandfathered into RCI (Westgate uses II for most other resorts)
  • Westgate Leisure Resort is a Weeks Only resort
As I stated before, this was really icing on the cake when we converted from Silverleaf to HICV.

Yeah - I think you turned lemons into lemonade - Westgate Leisure MF $600 >> 90,000 HICV points (grandfathered RCI was a key)
also I can understand why you owned Silverleaf since you list DFW as location -but your conversion cost to HICV after they
bought Silverleaf gives you a lot more options & flexibility .

FYI - I just scanned the RCI resort directory for Utah . I cannot find
Westgate Park City Resort & Spa - so I assume it is only affiliated with Intervals International ,
so that is likely the deposit & exchange option for the OP / parkcityshare

Reactions: DrQ

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
FYI - I just scanned the RCI resort directory for Utah . I cannot find
Westgate Park City Resort & Spa - so I assume it is only affiliated with Intervals International ,
so that is likely the deposit & exchange option for the OP / parkcityshare
Yes, Mr. Siegle had a falling out with RCI years ago, so the only Westgate Resorts in RCI are ones which were purchased (not developed) that were previously affiliated with RCI.

jrogersok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how is your floating week classified (Value, Summer, Ski, Fixed Event)? What is the size of your unit?

We own at Westgate Leisure Resort (Resort [Gulag?] 26). We are the red headed b@$tard stepchildren of Westgate. Any time of the year is considered Value and we are so unclean, we cannot internally trade into any other Westgate Orlando/Kissimmee properties. Even at such a lowly status, we can deposit our weeks into RCI or II for no fee.

Looking at the fee structure, I see a $600 charge for the following transactions:
  • Developer Exchange
    • Traveling to another Westgate Property. Exchanging past year’s week.
  • Developer Exchange (greater than 90 days)
    • Traveling to another Westgate Property. Exchanging past year’s week.
  • Lock Off
    • Extra usage by splitting 2 bedrooms or higher.
Are you doing any of these transactions?

For us, even trading within Westgate, we would face the following fees in addition to the $600:
Value -> All = $500
Value -> Event = $750
Value -> Ski = $2950

And if we were going to Myrtle Beach Building 2000:
Value -> Select = $1000
Value -> All = $2000

Nowhere do I see a $259/night charge. Could this be the rack rate for stays which do not involve trades?

This is why we are using Global Choice to transfer our week into HICV points

What is Global Choice? Sounds like a good option to transfer a week to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We obtained (thankfully it was free) a floating week, even year timeshare through westgate park city resort and spa. ..... $950 maintence fees for a 1 bedroom.

Hi parkcityshare,
I re- read your post and this entire thread .

Your ownership is an EVEN YEAR timeshare - so 2018 / 2020 / 2022
I am assuming you paid a MF of $950 - 12 months ago / and the next one is due Jan 2020
for your 1 bedroom .

I hope you banked the 2018 year - as it sounds as if you did not use it, or deposited into
Intervals International.

Based on being EOY - even - I would contact Westgate to find out if the banked year can be used
at Park City in 2019 / or do you have to wait until 2020 .

You also need to confirm the season of your ownership . As per DrQ’s chart from Westgate owner info .
1 ) resale owners can only book within the season they own at Park City .
2 ) owners can book 11 months ahead
3 ) make sure of your dates - your cost to change the date and rebook is always $ 200 .

Good luck

Last edited:

parkcityshare

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate park city resort and spa
It has continued to be fee after fee added. We tried booking and the fees they want to charge us, it would be cheaper to just book a hotel reservation with them.

I called and found out we qualify for the deed back program. They said we would pay $2,000. We are thinking we will do it. I’m nervous though that it won’t be legit. How do I make sure?

If we did a deed in leiu of foreclosure does that require fees be paid too? Anyone know?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
A deed in lieu of foreclosure would require that Westgate agree to it. Given that they have a (paid) deedback program, that is unlikely.

That said, the deedback program is something that many developers are doing right now to get additional inexpensive inventory. I believe others have used Westgate's version, and can chime in. Personally, that's the option I would pursue. Yes, it will cost you $2K, but it will be easy and it will be done.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have the chance to unload it then bite the bullet and do so. You'll thank yourselves for the rest of your life.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
...Yes, it will cost you $2K, but it will be easy and it will be done.

And you (Park City Share) won't have to worry about getting rid of it through some questionable third party which is what usually happens when you sign up with these escape/cancel/relief/exit companies.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER BUY at Waste... er WestGate PERIOD.. they are a steaming pile of dog $hit in every way possible and most likely a bunch of crooks. especially the owner.. worst person ever total worthless in my opinion.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
It has continued to be fee after fee added. We tried booking and the fees they want to charge us, it would be cheaper to just book a hotel reservation with them.

I called and found out we qualify for the deed back program. They said we would pay $2,000. We are thinking we will do it. I’m nervous though that it won’t be legit. How do I make sure?

If we did a deed in leiu of foreclosure does that require fees be paid too? Anyone know?
What is the state of your credit report?

Me: I would pay $2K to be free and clear. IDK if Wastegate will sick debt collectors on you after the foreclosure, but I've been there there ... done that. I'd rather be free and clear for the $.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER BUY at Waste... er WestGate PERIOD.. they are a steaming pile of dog $hit in every way possible and most likely a bunch of crooks. especially the owner.. worst person ever total worthless in my opinion.

Don't hold back now. :clap:

parkcityshare

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is the state of your credit report?

Me: I would pay $2K to be free and clear. IDK if Wastegate will sick debt collectors on you after the foreclosure, but I've been there there ... done that. I'd rather be free and clear for the $.

It’s good. I think we will just do it and be done with it.

parkcityshare

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Yes. Thankfully it was free so not much money lost. Mostly just this 2k we’ll have to pay but I’ll be glad to get rid of this mistake.

LaFaraona

Reaction score
Yes. They won’t do anything. But it has been almost a year since I asked if they’d take it back, guess it’s worth trying again. I mean I knew what I was getting into but all of the extra fees were not written anywhere, nor are they in the contract or the yearly stuff they have sent me. I don’t understand how they can do it.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Wastegate is the worst TS company of all time.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wastegate is the worst TS company of all time.
Oh. You're being too kind. There are some other bad actors offshore, but I'll agree that WG is best avoided.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh. You're being too kind. There are some other bad actors offshore, but I'll agree that WG is best avoided.

What about fixed weeks with Westgate? Should they be avoided as well or just floating weeks?