• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas - Looking for feedback

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recall seeing washer/dryers on the ground floor near the elevators of some of the buildings. I did not love the resort. Too windy. And I think it’s like that year round. The “oceanfront” Rooms looks out to a close cousin of the Sahara Desert before meeting the ocean. You can’t walk on the beach, it’s a very steep angle. Too little space around the pools. We were there at Easter so it was packed. Not enough shade also near the pools. And while no dishwasher, there is a daily cleaning when dishes are done. we didn’t miss the oven but thought it was weird they didn’t have barbecues even. I guess they mostly want you to eat out.

if you’re happy just staying at the resort for a getaway form cold weather up north, I guess it’s fine. But too far from town to explore. There are regular free shuttles going to Lands End. About a 45 minute journey. The restaurants on property are OK but not as good as the ones at Lands End.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
I just got matched via II for a UUU2PR at GSD, 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, 06 Privately, 06 Maximum, for December 24-31, 2022.

I am thinking of declining the match. I have 24 hours.

The reason is an awkward checkout date of December 31, and also a few things about the resort: remote location, unswimmable beach, wind, no laundry in suite, no dishwasher and no oven. I understand the units are otherwise gorgeous. Am I making a mistake by declining it? Maybe I should keep it? Anyone has the details or floorplan for UUU2PR at GSD?

Edit: I am stuck with it, so I'm keeping it. I didn't know that with Hyatt, I don't have the normal 24 hours to decline an II match. I'll add an e-Plus, but looks like I'm keeping it and will try to have a good time there.
Congratulation on your match. wow you already planned end of 2022!!!! I can barely keep up with 2021, lol. I can't say from personal experience, but my co worker stayed there a week and descried the place as amazing. There was shuttle to travel to the one in the town and he used it few times. He loved everything about the place except that it was kind of pricy but he expected that and was prepared to pay to eat out at least once a day. He loved that it was remote as that what he was looking in the vacation. 'm sure you will have a great time. Please share your experience.

TBipp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House and Windward Pointe, Key West, FL
The Banyan Resort, Key West, FL
Echino, how were you able to book December 2022? I thought II only allowed 12 months in advance? I’m excited if more than 12 months in advance is permitted.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Echino, how were you able to book December 2022? I thought II only allowed 12 months in advance? I’m excited if more than 12 months in advance is permitted.

II allows exchanges 2 years in advance.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently rode a bus from La Paz to Cabo by way of Todos Santos.
Happened to look out the window just as I saw this resort. My first thought was... Wow, that place really is far from town. The journey from resort to town was not very scenic. I have stayed at 10 or more Cabo resorts. Wouldn't chose this one, ever.

TBipp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House and Windward Pointe, Key West, FL
The Banyan Resort, Key West, FL
Echino, Thank you for the 2 years in advance. I really thought I knew the rules for both Hyatt and II; however, this is great planning news for us.

dianesprouse

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
marriott desert ridge
We have 2 2BR-Units booked for the same week.

Here's what I found,.
I believe GSF is the Residences.
Will confirm after we return in April.

Thanks Melissy for resurrecting this thread.
Have been waiting for a response since Aug.
Curious which one you ended up staying in? Did you prefer GSD over GSF?

johnfornal

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious which one you ended up staying in? Did you prefer GSD over GSF?
Hi,

Just was at Solmar Rancho San Lucas...look for the deals using an Accommodation certificate if you have II. I always have a car which can cost as little as $55/day with increased and needed coverages....just need to make a deal downtown or on line in advance and know a little Spanish. used National Car rental..

The Greg Norman golf course is surrounded by very new buildings all of which have some views...ours was over the great pools...but two buildings look at interior pools only....good luck...

With a car you can go shopping and the mini-kitchen in the Studio was just right...that's right a studio with two separate beds, a murphy and a king...eating on site was expensive except for where the employees went...there is an ocean view small market that makes great sandwiches.

Daily maid service with a nice tip will even do the dishes...fresh soft giant towels should tell you this place was five star plus. Now the best...as a swimmer the ocean is still off limits and a long walk, but they built a lagoon pool with salt water and rough bottom that looks like the sea floor...its at least 300 to 400 meters long...with a sandy beach, lounges etc...from very shallow to a deep area for rope diving, yes there's a rope that you grab high up and drop into the deep part...and there is an area just for the smallest kids.

John

oktracy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got matched via II for a UUU2PR at GSD, 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, 06 Privately, 06 Maximum, for December 24-31, 2022.

I am thinking of declining the match. I have 24 hours.

The reason is an awkward checkout date of December 31, and also a few things about the resort: remote location, unswimmable beach, wind, no laundry in suite, no dishwasher and no oven. I understand the units are otherwise gorgeous. Am I making a mistake by declining it? Maybe I should keep it? Anyone has the details or floorplan for UUU2PR at GSD?

Edit: I am stuck with it, so I'm keeping it. I didn't know that with Hyatt, I don't have the normal 24 hours to decline an II match. I'll add an e-Plus, but looks like I'm keeping it and will try to have a good time there.
How was your stay at GS at Rancho?