• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2016 Thread] Club Wyndham "ACCESS" vs. "PLUS"

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not in the summary Page, only after we told him that his price was too high and what we paid for our points did he offer this. It was my wife who decided to buy. We compromised on the price per point and bought 130,000 points to bring us to gold.
There was no mention of a deed option as of last July. But if the push is for access why would they?
Off topic but do you think there is a possibility that Wyndham will do with the avenue collection what they did with margaritaville, or isolated to NYC?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

so the 130000 point contract is not on your summary page.. Is it on the financial page?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
so the 130000 point contract is not on your summary page.. Is it on the financial page?
No , we combined all the contracts into one, so now I have 490,000 points in one contract. All that is listed is that and the fact it's club Wyndham access. What was upsetting was he got another $1000 out of me to combine.

Where do i find the financial page? Went into financial services but no luck

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is true there is no CWA in Hawaii. Which mean you don't get ARP. You can still book at the 10 month window. And in my experience, that's no problem. I'm going to Hawaii next summer and most of my points are CWA. I also have CWP Select with a home resort at Panama City Beach. At 10 months, points are points, they all spend the same. So far I have booked 4 nights at Waikiki Beach Walk in Honolulu. And 7 nights at Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, On Tuesday morning (when the 10 month window opens) I will book my last 7 nights at Wyndham Ka 'Eo Kai in Kauai. I have never had a problem booking what I want in Hawaii at 10 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You could book this with any CWP contract. So access has no advantage or disadvantage for Hawaii.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
You could book this with any CWP contract. So access has no advantage or disadvantage for Hawaii.

Yes that is correct. And I have booked two reservations in Hawaii so far for summer 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Wyndham puts everything they can get their hands on into CWA. The sales weasels don't need a real estate license to sell CWA. They don't worry about getting caught in lies they have no license to lose. Wyndham hires less educated at a lower pay. CWA can be sold anywhere even if the all resorts are sold out in that state as most sales weasels are only licensed in one state. When people post that people had CWA contract going to update the sales would try to sell you plus points and turn in your CWA is not usually true

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Are there any issues or problems if you have two contracts, say 400K CWA annual points and 180K CWP annual points? Or does it make more sense to not mix, and just go with only CWA or CWP?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
No , we combined all the contracts into one, so now I have 490,000 points in one contract. All that is listed is that and the fact it's club Wyndham access. What was upsetting was he got another $1000 out of me to combine.

Where do i find the financial page? Went into financial services but no luck

So what I understand is that you did a trade-in of old contract(s) to buy a single new contract, which is CWA to which they added reciprocal ARP @ NY.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any issues or problems if you have two contracts, say 400K CWA annual points and 180K CWP annual points? Or does it make more sense to not mix, and just go with only CWA or CWP?

Not to drag it on, but CWA is in CWP. Club Wyndham Select or CWS, which is also in CWP, can be in the same account with CWA with no problems.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what I understand is that you did a trade-in of old contract(s) to buy a single new contract, which is CWA to which they added reciprocal ARP @ NY.
Basically yes. It was with a purchase to get to gold.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Wyndham "ACCESS" vs. "PLUS"

The only difference is in ARP. If you want to book at 500k unit at a CWA resort during ARP, you cannot do it.

If your 180k is deeded to a Hawaii (or any other non-CWA) resort, you cannot book a 200k unit at that resort during ARP.

At 10 months, you can book either unit since points are points in the SRP and ERP booking windows.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be clear, though, you couldn't book those two examples if the contracts were in separate accounts, either.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
One last question... Having watched eBay for the last several months (so I'm no expert), it seems as though CWP points are selling for less than CWA points... Maybe it's just been an anomaly for the short period of time I have been looking, but can anyone offer an explanation, if there is one?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
With CWA, you get 2 chances to not get what you want once at 13 months and then again at 10. Plus you only get one at 10 months

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Wyndham "ACCESS" vs. "PLUS"

One last question... Having watched eBay for the last several months (so I'm no expert), it seems as though CWP points are selling for less than CWA points... Maybe it's just been an anomaly for the short period of time I have been looking, but can anyone offer an explanation, if there is one?

CWP is sensitive to the resort being sold. A low MF resort contract (such as at Canterbury) would sell for much more than a CWA contract.

Last edited:

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Demand

The price of the CWP contract is all about demand. Demand is driven by two things, location and maintenance fees. Low demand places and high maintenance fee resorts will sell for a much lower price. Right now there is also a lot of contracts available which is also suppressing prices. CWA has dropped well below a penny a point. Many of which keep being relisted because of no offers. Things are also unsettled in the Wyndham world as people wait to see what ,if any, changes Wyndham is going to make to the program. This is further suppressing prices. I think we are going to see a serious buyers market for the next few months. Be patient and you could find yourself a very good deal.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for all the good info! Another thing I have noticed while looking at CWA points is a huge difference in MF's. I have seen 189,000 points with a $87/month MF, and 210,000 points with $160/month MF... Why would similar points be so different?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Thanks for all the good info! Another thing I have noticed while looking at CWA points is a huge difference in MF's. I have seen 189,000 points with a $87/month MF, and 210,000 points with $160/month MF... Why would similar points be so different?

Well, first off take quoted maintenance fees with a grain of salt. They may be outdated, they may or may not contain the program fee, etc.

That being said, maintenance fees at the different properties can range from $3.00/K to over $8.00/K. At it's extreme that would mean a 231,000 point contract at one resort may be $693 per year ($57.75 per month), while at the other resort it would be $1848 per year ($154 per month).

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What are some of the lower MF Wyndham Resorts?

Canterbury San Francisco, Emerald Grand Destin, Panama City, Grand Desert, Smoky Mountains, South Shore, some converted fixed weeks

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
the difference

There are a lot of different reasons for this. let's talk about a few.

First, older resorts tend to have more things go wrong and they need to refurbish more often. Thus they have higher costs to deal with and therefore higher maintenance fees.

Second, contracts with small amounts of points have higher rates because of Wyndham's program fee. The program fee is 57 cents/1000 pts. owned, but the minimum program fee is ,I believe, $128 (somebody correct me if my numbers are off!). So if you only own a 100,000 pt contract instead of your program fee being $57, it is $128. The minimum fee goes away once you hit somewhere around 250,000 pts. TOTAL in your account. Yes, you add the total points up in your account.

Third, high point stay resorts tend to have low maintenance fees. Low point stay resorts have higher MF's. The reason for this is fewer points to pass the maintenance buck around to.

Which brings us to the grand finale. A lot of this high maintenance fee stuff is illusory. Let me explain with some math.

Bali Hai has a maintenance fee of just about $4/1000 for UDI points.
It costs 325,000 points for a week in a 2BR deluxe.
Total cost for the week 325 times $4 =$1300

Pagosa Springs has a maintenance fee of around $6.50/1000
It costs 166,000 points for a week in a 2BR during prime season.
Total Cost for the week is 166 times 6.5 = $1079

It is important to realize this when buying. That high MF resort you want ARP at may not be so high after all! However if ARP IS OF NO INTEREST OR VALUE TO YOU, then buying the lowest MF resort you can find is in your best interests.

Look at the above example. It costs you $1079 to use your Pagosa Springs points to stay at Pagosa Springs. But it is only going to cost you $664 ( 166 x $4/1000) if you use Bali Hai points to stay at Pagosa Springs. A considerable savings.:D Conversely, if you use Pagosa points to stay at Bali Hai it will cost you $2112.50 ( 325 x $6.50/1000) to do that. A poor use of points.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought Club Wyndham Access points had no "home" resort, just points that could be used at any CWA resort at 13 ARP and any Wyndham (available) at 10 months.. I understand why Club Wyndham Plus points with a "home" resort might have differing MF's; but I am still unclear as to why Club Wyndham Access points' MF's can be so drastically different. I thought CWA points' owners paid an "averaged" MF if all the CWA resorts?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought Club Wyndham Access points had no "home" resort, just points that could be used at any CWA resort at 13 ARP and any Wyndham (available) at 10 months.. I understand why Club Wyndham Plus points with a "home" resort might have differing MF's; but I am still unclear as to why Club Wyndham Access points' MF's can be so drastically different. I thought CWA points' owners paid an "averaged" MF if all the CWA resorts?

Sorry, I missed the CWA part of your post. Most of the same advice applies though; the current CWA fees are posted somewhere here. One seller might be including program fee, one might not. One might be using last year's fees, and one this year's. The base fee per thousand would be the same

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks.. But what a difference: some 210,009 CWA points contracts in eBay quite MF of $100/month; others $166/month... Anywhere from $5/1000 to $8/1009... I have read on other threads the usual MF fee for CWA is around $5.5/1000, so I was wondering where the eBay listings with $8/1000 points were getting their number...

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.. But what a difference: some 210,009 CWA points contracts in eBay quite MF of $100/month; others $166/month... Anywhere from $5/1000 to $8/1009... I have read on other threads the usual MF fee for CWA is around $5.5/1000, so I was wondering where the eBay listings with $8/1000 points were getting their number...
CWA contracts should all be very similar...about $5.70/1k points.

That said, let's look at some examples where they might differ (on eBay, etc).

Let's say that you found an 84,000 point contract on eBay. The base MF is $5.14 per 1k points ($431.76 per year)...then you add in the program fee. The program fee is $.55 (or $.57 if enrolled in Perks, etc) per 1k points, with a minimum of $128 per year program fee. Since 84×.55 = $46.20 which is less than $128, so $128 Will be the program fee. Add $431.76+$128=$559.76. Divide $559.86 by 84 and you get $6.66/1k points as your total MF.

Now, let's look at a 350,000 point contract.

350 x $5.14 = $1799
350 × $.55 = $192.50 (which is more than the $128 minimum program fee)
Total = $1799+$192.50=$1991.50
$1991.50/350=$5.69/1k points.

So, you can see the program fees change the total MFs based on the total number of points owned. The break even is about 233k points on MF...anything below that and you're going to pay a higher MF due to the minimum Program Fee...anything greater than 233k points and you're paying exactly what you should.

Also, the contracts stack...so if you own a 150k point contract (you're paying the minimum $128 program fee) and add another 150k contract, your program fees will only be $.55/k, or $82.50 per contract.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

Also, watch carefully whether it's an annual or biennial. Biennials have lower monthly payments because the MF is divided over two years.