• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
nope, and sorry for the delay, had a 24 hour bug. the number listed is 26 instead of 36 on the feedback call #.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
OMG! I just called the telephone number they have listed on the feedback.... If your a female and want to talk to a male, press __ now... Live people waiting to talk to you! I was able to access the site... until a new contract dropped in. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me.

Did they ask you what you were wearing?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Our account is still not available online. They are auditing our ownership, apparently.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am packed and leaving town. Think I will head up to the Shawnee area ... and go float in their indoor pool and hot tub. Maybe do some activities ... and chat up some people. At least, I as a Shawnee fixed week owner, can get a guest pass to be onsite.

I do have alternate accommodations for the holiday weekend. If anyone else is around, text/call my cell number (856) 981 0606 .... I have beer.

PS I will have very limited internet for most of this holiday week.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am packed and leaving town. Think I will head up to the Shawnee area ... and go float in their indoor pool and hot tub. Maybe do some activities ... and chat up some people. At least, I as a Shawnee fixed week owner, can get a guest pass to be onsite.

I do have alternate accommodations for the holiday weekend. If anyone else is around, text/call my cell number (856) 981 0606 .... I have beer.

PS I will have very limited internet for most of this holiday week.

Maybe I'll join you! I am deeded at Shawnee as well! Lindas are not to be messed with...

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our account is still not available online. They are auditing our ownership, apparently.

Coming from an owner who has been suspended (partially thawed) for more than nine months now, I am so sorry you are facing this Rick and Cindy. I wish I could offer more than empathy, but the all powerful Oz of Wyndham simply does not care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The frozen accounts are mentioned in a lawsuit working its way through the Tennessee courts.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...suits-against-wyndham-sales-practices.256562/

81. On February 9, 2017 counsel for the Defendants notified the Plaintiffs through counsel that their timeshare accounts were being frozen and therefore as a consequence Plaintiffs would not be able to use any current reservations or make any additional reservations indefinitely.

82. On February 17, 2017 Plaintiffs’ counsel responded to Defendants’ letter asking that Plaintiffs’ accounts not be frozen and for further assurances that the plaintiffs’ accounts would in fact not be frozen.

83. There has been no further communication from defense counsel confirming or denying the current state of the Plaintiffs’ accounts or any plans to unfreeze said accounts.

136. Furthermore, Defendants breached said contracts by alerting the Plaintiffs that their accounts would be frozen and they no longer would have any access to their deeded properties beginning on February 28, 2017.

137. Defendants’ stated that Plaintiffs cannot book with points already paid for, and reservations already made, would be cancelled.

138. Defendants’ statements have now put Plaintiffs in limbo over whether they can book vacations, use their points to book vacations or pay maintenance fees, rent their timeshare, or otherwise use the timeshares they have paid for.

139. Defendants’ February 9, 2017 letter and subsequent lack of assurances or response to Plaintiffs’ February 17, 2017 letter has made it impossible for the Plaintiffs to reasonably exercise their rights under the contracts even if they have apparent ability to do so.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is something different than the suspensions that have been discussed here in tug

We all got our suspension emails on aug 23, 2016

I think the common thread that ran through all our cases was wyndhams assertion that we had more points in our accounts than could be justified by our ownership

I'm interested to know why Wyndham froze these Tenn accounts

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
s
This is something different than the suspensions that have been discussed here in tug

I'm interested to know why Wyndham froze these Tenn accounts
If you do not know why Wyndham froze these Tenn accounts, how do you know it is different than the suspension deep freeze?

Maybe the Plaintiffs passed the August, 2016 scan, and it was only an audit resulting from their lawsuit that revealed a reason for a suspension that may or may not have been related to the prior account freezes. If there is a reason for the suspension related to manipulation of the reservation system, this part of their suit is doa, at least to this legal layman's eye.

Regardless, the legal viability of account freezes is on trial here, and the results will be most interesting.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
s
If you do not know why Wyndham froze these Tenn accounts, how do you know it is different

It is different because they were suspended in feb 2017. We were suspended in aug 2016. We were all suspended because we had too many points in our accounts according to wyndham, not because any of us sued wyndham.
Sales practices are on trial here, not the suspensions

And by the way none of us were accused of manipulating the reservations system

The numbers in the suit don't add up. 4 purchases $155000, $115000, $182000 and $18000. That's over $450000. At $200 per 1000 points that should mean 2.3 million. The also say the total spent was $200,400 and they own 1.3 million There's a mention of trade ins so maybe that's the answer or maybe they spent 200000 cash and still owe $250k

Id bet that the their freeze is retaliation. Not because they did anything wrong. But because they sued These folks were clearly taken advantage of.but I gotta wonder why they kept going back for more. Since 2010.

This isn't going anywhere because it's no different than the hundreds of other similar cases Wyndham is dealing with (or has dealt with) and they always win or settle.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The numbers in the suit don't add up. 4 purchases $155000, $115000, $182000 and $18000. That's over $450000. At $200 per 1000 points that should mean 2.3 million. The also say the total spent was $200,400 and they own 1.3 million There's a mention of trade ins so maybe that's the answer or maybe they spent 200000 cash and still owe $250k

Id bet that the their freeze is retaliation. Not because they did anything wrong. But because they sued These folks were clearly taken advantage of.but I gotta wonder why they kept going back for more. Since 2010.
Could the suit be because they were uptrading and upgreeding for a rental business. When the rental business did not work out, they sued. If that is the case, and they made and used reservations after any of their purchases, their attorneys, who have no idea about how owner rental businesses work, will be in for a big and unpleasant surprise.

On the other hand, it may be simply retaliation. That will be the interesting facts revealed in this very public lawsuit, as it should be.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could the suit be because they were uptrading and upgreeding for a rental business. When the rental business did not work out, they sued. If that is the case, and they made and used reservations after any of their purchases, their attorneys, who have no idea about how owner rental businesses work, will be in for a big and unpleasant surprise.

On the other hand, it may be simply retaliation. That will be the interesting facts revealed in this very public lawsuit, as it should be.

It cant be a rental business ... they only owned 1.3 million points. They were sold on the idea that they could offset their maintenance fees with rentals, but that dosent make it a business. They owned at National Harbor, with maintenance fees at aboyt $4/1000 points so their fees were only about $5500/year. Four decent rentals would generate enough money to cover those fees, with enough left over for a free vacation themselves. And 4 rentals a year does not make a rental business.

Note that the complaint uses the word "froze". Wyndham used a different word last August...we were suspended. I suspect that their account is frozen because they didnt pay, their loan payment or maintenance fees. At least thats another possibility

they bought their points between 2010 and 2014... Here we are 3 years later and they are just now complaining about the sales tactics.... thats where I think their case breaks down. What changed? If they were sold on the ability to rent, wouldnt they have succeeded or failed at it sometime in 2014 or 2015>> Wyndhan gets sued like this a lot, the complaint mentions 150 similar suits wyndham is dealing with right now, I understand that no one reads all the paperwork at a settlement, but the rescission clause is on the same page in bold type directly above the signature block

I can hear the wyndham lawyer now... Is this your signature? Would you please read the words in bold type directly above your signature? Did you say 10 days? What date did you sign this? How many days between that date and when you contacted an attorney? Did you take any vacations in that time frame?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any updates from any of the suspended owners? My status is still the same as it was since October 2016. My most recent phone call (only the third call I have received since August 2016) has resulted in absolutely nothing. No calls, no emails, no updates. But they keep cashing my checks. And sending me bills.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
BUMP / all 1893 posts - from Aug 2016 - July 2017

for those who need something to read while the July 2021 thread on changes to Wyndham VIP
Is on 24 hour hiatus.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Status
Not open for further replies.